• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Dude, Danganronpa is awesome.

September

Hell yeah it is.

Finished the story on wednesday. Loved every chapter except nº 4. Spoiler:
Sakura's suicide trial was terrible imo.

Currently playing school mode as it's the only thing I need for platinum.

Also trying to find Danganronpa 2 online here in Brazil has not been easy. I might just buy it digital.

nOoblet16

Well, there are many snipers with the same impact as Ice Breaker. LDR, Her Benevolence, Shadow of Veils, even the Spear is available if you do PVP. it's just that they don't have the "cheese" factor of infinite ammo like Black hammer coupled with Ice Breaker.

On the subject of Gjallahorn, many players are spoiled by it's power. I had mine after 8 months, did all the hardest content without it and didn't feel my weapons were "shitty". The only downside of not having it was finding easily a group outside Gaf. In fact having one (3 now ^^) decreased the quality of the way I play, it's so easy and braindead it's ridiculous.

You're incorrect, the only sniper that is in the same impact class as Blackhammer is Spear, the others you mentioned are not in the same class

It's not cheese because it takes quite some effort to get white nail consistently because of bogus hitboxes (Atheon, Ogres, Valus, Pilot Servitor etc) or other factors like teleporting (captains), insta shield (hobgoblins), the floatiness (hive wizards) etc etc...that "practically" prevents you from using it properly a lot.

The main use of Blackhammer was the ability to hit a major/ultra and preserve your ammo count rather than actually hitting without reload because let's be honest outside of Atheon, Walker and Sepiks Prime you never really get to take more than a few shots....so your main strategy would be to hit 3 times or 6 times and then break it off to try again but without losing any ammo. The losing ammo bit is important because of how the game can go for minutes without providing you special...two exotic weapons are built around this bit (Icebreaker and Invective because of special was not sparse then these weapons would be useless unless you want to cheese...which I doubt was Bungie's intention when creating these two weapons)

As it stands the only enemy which you can "consistently" hit with Blackhammer with it's intended use are the hive knights (and it makes sense to have such a weapon because Crota would spam these at you). Every other enemy (that is not a 1-2 hit kill) has some issues that prevents you from using it for longer than say 6 hits.

Drain You

Anyone need any prisons? Any level really, I'll be sitting at the reef till someone starts one up. Gamertag on Xbox One: If you Must

LiK

if ARs become king again (unlikely) you know that you are going to use S U R O S R E G I M E. You know

I think I'll just dust off the Monte Carlo and Hard Light instead.

I perceived it to be much higher pitched before the change.

Old sound was like hammering plastic.

New sound is like hammering tin cans.

Both were bad but older sound didn't bother me as much.

SpecX

Why is playing a Titan so fun?

Once I got the hang of lift, just damn.. my hunter has been sitting lately :(
I have the same feeling. Loved my hunter and hated my Titan and warlock at their lower levels. Once I maxed out my Titan and learned how to control the lift with the shoulder charge, he became a beast in PvP. I still have a place in my heart for my Hunter, but my Titan has become my primary now. Still haven't warmed up to my Warlock yet.

noomi

I have the same feeling. Loved my hunter and hated my Titan and warlock at their lower levels. Once I maxed out my Titan and learned how to control the lift with the shoulder charge, he became a beast in PvP. I still have a place in my heart for my Hunter, but my Titan has become my primary now. Still haven't warmed up to my Warlock yet.

Same here, after playing my hunters exclusively for months I finally make a titan. Learning those new mechanics were a breath of fresh air. Super fun to play :D

Lima

I feel like mentioning the Ghorn nerf and then not providing hard numbers was the mistake they made. We don't even know how hard it will be hit, hell I'd think that not even Bungie knows it yet which is why they haven't provided numbers.

Great now everyone is hard.

Destiny OT27 Great, Now Everyone Is Hard /Dinklebot Voice

My problem is that Bungie doesn't try to put little weapon patches here and there to see how they work. They just do everything at once!

I can't imagine weapon rebalancing works best by doing many tweaks all at once. I could be wrong.

I wish I could farm strange coins on a new account hahaha

ocean

Banned
You're incorrect, the only sniper that is in the same impact class as Blackhammer is Spear, the others you mentioned are not in the same class

It's not cheese because it takes quite some effort to get white nail consistently because of bogus hitboxes (Atheon, Ogres, Valus, Pilot Servitor etc) or other factors like teleporting (captains), insta shield (hobgoblins), the floatiness (hive wizards) etc etc...that "practically" prevents you from using it properly a lot.

The main use of Blackhammer was the ability to hit a major/ultra and preserve your ammo count rather than actually hitting without reload because let's be honest outside of Atheon, Walker and Sepiks Prime you never really get to take more than a few shots....so your main strategy would be to hit 3 times or 6 times and then break it off to try again but without losing any ammo. The losing ammo bit is important because of how the game can go for minutes without providing you special.

As it stands the only enemy which you can "consistently" hit with Blackhammer with it's intended use are the hive knights (and it makes sense to have such a weapon because Crota would spam these at you). Every other enemy (that is not a 1-2 hit kill) has some issues that prevents you from using it for longer than say 6 hits.
Yeah outside of a Spider, Atheon or Sepkis you'll hardly ever land 18 consecutive crits. I used it to get 3 shots in without losing ammo.

No biggie. Field Scout Spear = 6 shots in the mag (double), same impact. Sounds like a better PvE choice now for all but a few encounters. BH still super attractive for a few targets though. I'll never use anything else against spiders :p

Destiny OT27 Great, Now Everyone Is Hard /Dinklebot Voice

My problem is that Bungie doesn't try to put little weapon patches here and there to see how they work. They just do everything at once!

I can't imagine weapon rebalancing works best by doing many tweaks all at once. I could be wrong.

I wish I could farm strange coins on a new account hahaha

If Hard Light rules over the meta that needs to be the title for OT 28

nOoblet16

I feel like mentioning the Ghorn nerf and then not providing hard numbers was the mistake they made. We don't even know how hard it will be hit, hell I'd think that not even Bungie knows it yet which is why they haven't provided numbers.

That's what I thought because for everything else they had hard numbers.

ethomaz

Banned
they somewhat proved last patch they have the ability to tune the two individually now.

Ghorn needs to be nerfed to a degree it shouldn't be the instant win it currently is.
It is not instant win and it is fun to use.

That is why we play Destiny PVE... to be fun.

The shutgun nerf in PVE is bad too.

I don't get why they want to nerf blink. I think it's part of the identity of the hunter class.

I don't have a hunter and even though I find blink annoying sometimes, it's not a PvP breaker for me.

Deku Tree

It's a trial balloon that they are floating to judge the overall community reaction before they decide how bad to nerf it. What they wrote though sure made it sound like they were planning to nerf it hard.

Also where is Dragon's Breath? Do they honestly feel it is fine in its current state?

DB needs a major buff. It is horrible.

I wonder if the weapon patch had anything to do with this mess up for Xur's weapon.

Anyways, my Xbox 1 account has 1 strange coin total so nevermind on that. I can maybe do the 3 coins weekly. 3 more weeklies to go.

We back
Galahad-E.jpg

Skele7on

Banned
It is not instant win and it is fun to use.

That is why we play Destiny PVE... to be fun.

The shutgun nerf in PVE is bad too.

it's not THAT bad, we need actual in action figures and displays, numbers and % mean nothing really.

I don't get why they want to nerf blink. I think it's part of the identify of the hunter class.

I don't have a hunter and even though I find blink annoying sometimes, it's not a PvP breaker for me.

Nah, it's more warlock than hunter, hunters should jump like maniacs.

Rizzi

I don't think that there's much for me to do in the game until the expansion. I can't find any Aussies to play with on Xbox one, so the nightfall stuff, raids and the 32 PoE stuff is locked away. All that's really available to me is grinding bounties, grinding strikes for rep or shit pvp.

nOoblet16

Guys 10% shotgun nerf is NOTHING.

Remember that the reason Shotguns became fun and powerful in PvE is because they got a 100% damage increase...DOUBLE. This 10% won't do jack in terms of its effectiveness.

ocean

Banned
Also where is Dragon's Breath? Do they honestly feel it is fine in its current state?
Lol it's beyond repair unless they rework it entirely. High velocity, tracking and Viking Funeral-style burn would make it interestig in PvE.

Future

I don't get why they want to nerf blink. I think it's part of the identity of the hunter class.

Blink is pretty disruptive though. A character blinking and sprinting and sliding is very hard to stop and part of why shotguns are so effective: you cannot prevent characters from getting close. Part of this isbduebtobtheir map design choices too

PuMa

Remember that the reason Shotguns became fun and powerful in PvE is because they got a 100% damage increase...DOUBLE. This 10% won't do jack in terms of its effectiveness.
Absolutely agree. Shotguns will still be awesome in PVE.

nOoblet16

There is a way to nerf blink and it's very simple.

The solution is to take agility into account for blink's distance, height and cooldown. As of now agility is the most useless stat in PvP.
With max possible agility you get the same blink with same cooldown and distance you have now. If you want this, you sacrifice armour or recovery....seems fair enough.

What is shit is a high recovery and high armour warlock being able to move fast by blinking everywhere.

ethomaz

Banned
"I’m going to go back to putting the finishing touches on the new Subclasses and trying to figure out how I can make Blink less frustrating to fight against. People keep showing up at my desk asking me when I’m going to remove Blink from the game, and I don’t want to do that, so back to the drawing board! Here is Newsk with some delayed, but very tasty Weapon info."

Blink nerf incoming.

They want to give us less options of Jump to use :(

The Blink issue was never the Jump but the use combined with Sniper Shotguns... Blink itself is fine because it is not a controlled Jump... it is a fixed one so the effective of Blink + Shotgun is more because you can kill from 5 meters from you than the Blink.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider

Seriously this is ludicrous. They got a MASSIVE buff and Bungie is just fine tuning it ever so slightly down and people are freaking out. 10% is the kind of nerf people would have been arguing about on forums if they hadn't explicitly told us, some wouldn't even notice.

nOoblet16

Lol it's beyond repair unless they rework it entirely. High velocity, tracking and Viking Funeral-style burn would make it interestig in PvE.

Dragon's Fart just needs high velocity and it'd be fine. Tracking is not necessary in that weapon that does large AOE with DoT.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
There is a way to nerf blink and it's very simple.

The solution is to take agility into account for blink's distance, height and cooldown. As of now agility is the most useless stat in PvP.
With max possible agility you get the same blink with same cooldown and distance you have now. If you want this, you sacrifice armour or recovery....seems fair enough.

What is shit is a high recovery and high armour warlock being able to move fast by blinking everywhere.

Going to keep quoting nooblet until he's not always right.

Top Bottom