• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

ocean

Banned
Guys 10% shotgun nerf is NOTHING.

Remember that the reason Shotguns became fun and powerful in PvE is because they got a 100% damage increase...DOUBLE. This 10% won't do jack in terms of its effectiveness.
Noob what are you doing we're supposed to complain! GAF is going full redneck in a don't touch mah guns rant.

10% nerf to shotguns (after they were buffed 100%)? The horror! The game won't be fun! I might quit because my enjoyment hinged on killing ____ in 4 shots, not 5.

There is a way to nerf blink and it's very simple.

The solution is to take agility into account for blink's distance, height and cooldown. As of now agility is the most useless stat in PvP.
With max possible agility you get the same blink with same cooldown and distance you have now. If you want this, you sacrifice armour or recovery....seems fair enough.

What is shit is a high recovery and high armour warlock being able to move fast by blinking everywhere.
Asking to much of Bungie

Yea I was totally fine with 10% shotgun nerf, that's pretty much nothing. It's still 80% what it used to be prior to the 100% buff and it'll still be super effective.

Noob what are you doing we're supposed to complain! GAF is going full redneck in a don't touch mah guns rant.

10% nerf to shotguns (after they were buffed 100%)? The horror! The game won't be fun! I might quit because my enjoyment hinged on killing ____ in 4 shots, not 5.

Shotguns will be fine.

Defend Ice Breaker and Black Hammer nerfs next.

Edit: Also, leave blink alone dammit.

MechDX

Shotgun nerf? Pffffffff....

lord-of-wolves-exotic-review.png

I aint even mad

Blink is pretty disruptive though. A character blinking and sprinting and sliding is very hard to stop and part of why shotguns are so effective: you cannot prevent characters from getting close. Part of this isbduebtobtheir map design choices too

I guess but, I still think it's a matter of skill, not the mechanic being OP. I've seen plenty of blink guys be a one man wrecking crew, and plenty of guys who just run into walls.

ocean

Banned
Shotguns will be fine.

Defend Ice Breaker and Black Hammer nerfs next.
Im
Not defending anything. I'm just perplexed and humored by the exaggerated reactions.

IB and BH nerfs solve problems that didn't exist, as our friend Drizz likes to say. There's no reason for them. But honestly, we never use Ice Breaker anymore so whatever. And Black Hammer will still be DPS King against anything you can stunlock. Are these changes unnecessary? Sure. Will they make the game "less fun"? Lol wat.

nOoblet16

Asking to much of Bungie

Like I said, agility affects every other jump (even if slightly) why not make it affect blink and make the difference big enough like the other two stats to consider trade offs in PvP.

They'll probably just increase the cooldown or make it slower or have short cooldown between each jumps rather than every 2 jumps. Which will change pretty much nothing and won't affect the meta regarding blink at all.

noomi

What ever happened to mid dlc patches? I would really like to figure out what my new non TLW play style will be while I have the resources to level and test stuff quickly. I don't want to spend my TTK only mats on test loadouts.

I mean... we might have a small update between now and TTK. Actually, yeah we probably will.

ocean

Banned
I really wish that the developer who talked about nerfing blink could read that because it's a very good and simple solution. Agility already affects every other kind of jump, so why not blink?
Agility only affects your first jump, not the "ability" jumps, which is why Blink remains unaffected. I like your solution though, hope they do something along those lines.

Lnkn52

When TTK launches

What ever happened to mid dlc patches? I would really like to figure out what my new non TLW play style will be while I have the resources to level and test stuff quickly. I don't want to spend my TTK only mats on test loadouts.

The patch is being released before TK.

Sandbox Designer Jon Weisnewski said:
...has been working with our team to restore balance. He’s prepared a comprehensive analysis of all the weapon changes you’ll find in Destiny Update 2.0. The largest update to the Destiny Player experience to date should arrive in September, just before the arrival of The Taken King.

E92 M3

I feel like mentioning the Ghorn nerf and then not providing hard numbers was the mistake they made. We don't even know how hard it will be hit, hell I'd think that not even Bungie knows it yet which is why they haven't provided numbers.

On the contrary, I think they're scared to admit the numbers.

EL CUCO

The solution is to take agility into account for blink's distance, height and cooldown. As of now agility is the most useless stat in PvP.
With max possible agility you get the same blink with same cooldown and distance you have now. If you want this, you sacrifice armour or recovery....seems fair enough.

What is shit is a high recovery and high armour warlock being able to move fast by blinking everywhere.
Fair Trade. Maybe slow down the initial animation just a tad? Quick, somebody tell Datto to make a video on this!

Oh I just thought of something.. if Unstable does carry trains for xb1, my L23 Hunter will get the Trials gear! 8 win package would be icing, and lots of it.

Navy Bean

Don't understand why Bungie won't release the update sooner.

Basically, they're gonna nerf all the best PvE weapons and then immediately throw us in against over-leveled enemies... People gonna be HM Crota pissed.

Homeboyd

Yea, 15 days before it launches. Got two weeks to get used to it
Before you drop all of these guns anyways because the new TTK ones will be out!

What will be the Gjally 2.0? Will there ever be a gun worse than No Land Beyond anywhere in the history of the world of gaming? Has The Traveler been hard deleted from the game yet? What's ole Dinklage up to these days? Find out all this and more on Season 2 of Destiny. Stay tuned!

I'm livid that Xur isn't selling a weapon.

This is such BS, I started the game about 2 weeks ago and only have 3 exotics (one of them from a bounty).

I'm stugglimg to find good weapons and now Xur decides to be a dick

Can come on my warlock but hes only 31 atm. Just lemme know if thats too low :)
Done it on the 2 other chars.

PSN: Nightzoor

Hey, I know it's been a few hours now, but I just wanted to apologize for not responding to you. The 3rd spot was filled up by someone on my friends list and I forgot to edit my post to say the team was full.

ethomaz

Banned
I can't even believe how people can think Blink is a issue in Destiny.

Blink + Shotgun is but mostly because shotgun.

Skele7on

Banned
I'm livid that Xur isn't selling a weapon.

This is such BS, I started the game about 2 weeks ago and only have 3 exotics (one of them from a bounty).

I'm stugglimg to find good weapons and now Xur decides to be a dick

It's being fixed. Calm down. You'll have your shiny no land beyond shortly

Future

I guess but, I still think it's a matter of skill, not the mechanic being OP. I've seen plenty of blink guys be a one man wrecking crew, and plenty of guys who just run into walls.

Just gotta get used to it. The nature of blink disorients everyone so if you don't go into a wall, chances are you are in a better position than opponent 90% of the time.

I'd nerf cool down, because blinking twice in concession adds to the easy disruption. Too easy. Add second blink as a perk to some exotic armor or make it tied to some max agility thing that's hard to get (forcing a sacrifice of low armor and recovery). Then, you could be a blinking confusing bafoon, but will go down quickly as a sacrifice

I find it funny when a hunter only mentions warlocks in his example of blink douchebaggery. :p

Dave_6

haha yea, it's typical during a huge weapon rebalance. Most of it for the better, but most don't realize it yet :p

Yep. I had a very salty reaction way back when they first nerfed hand cannons months ago. Said I was done with the game, etc. Then once the changes went in effect I realized I was overreacting.

Yep. I had a very salty reaction way back when they first nerfed hand cannons months ago. Said I was done with the game, etc. Then once the changes went in effect I realized I was overreacting.

Yea I don't agree with some, mainly the Black Hammer, but I rarely use that gun anyways. I take it out to kill either of the 2 tanks, sepkis or archon priest, and the nexus.

I also didn't want TLW touched that much and only taking out the 111 crit when zoomed but oh well. It should still work fine close / mid range and long range = sniper time. When I was able to kill people with TLW as a L29 in Trials with just 1-2 extra shots, I can't imagine it being any worse than that.

Top Bottom