• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Shito

Fake: we would have known about it way sooner than that, and from multiple sources.

[EDIT]
Top of the page I've got nothing Destiny related and I must go home to watch EVO so...

GJuJXTj.jpg

My main thing is that I don't know if I will stick around for end-game stuff which is why I was thinking of starting with vanilla. I mainly want to try out the story/ campaign and I know there isn't too much of it in the normal version but I'm worried about getting locked out of stuff relatively early in the game.

Would I need to hit the level cap before I can even start the DLC?

Not really the full cap. The max cap is L34. To start The Dark Below / DLC 1, you need to be 25. To start HoW, you need to be L28.

Vanilla can get you to Level 34, just slower since you have less options. Mostly need Etheric Light which can be obtain once a week from a Nightfall, Iron Banner which is once a month for a whole week. Then for the 2nd DLC, there are 2 more options: PoE and Trials, which are both end game contents.

The end game content is the best! Vault of Glass raid, you have to be Level 26, that's vanilla and a ton of fun. Crota's End is ok, the 2nd raid which comes from the 1st DLC. And if you have any interest in PvP at all, Trials of Osiris End Game from the 2nd DLC is A LOT of fun.

vctor182

Are they really going with this weapon imbalance??

Someone with photoshop skills should put a tombstone on each exotic that has been nerfed with the dates of the update, yesterday we saw too many exotics die and the era of Hard Light is upon us:

+More balanced
+Glass Half Full
+Fast Fire Rate
+Big Magazine
+Ignores damage falloff
+Bullets will bounce more

I mean, I'm happy Suros is going to be useful again and Hard Light will be "okay" (right guys??) but the cost was too much...

People seem to think that Bungie should have only nerfed thorn and leave the current state of the sandbox remain the same? Jesus.

I have seen today just so much whining and fighting over why it's a bad thing.

A sandbox needs to be designed to keep a balance.

Most people are angry about b hammer and ib, and to a lesser extent Ghorn. All these guns are PvE for the most part. No reason to nerfed them for PvP reasons.

_woLf

No weapons from Xur but please enjoy your fucking moon map in the Trials

Please understand and also preorder The Taken King for $39.99 USD because we know what we're doing Thank You

In all honesty all weapons Xur sells are getting nerfed into the ground anyway, he's just being a nice guy and saving you the trouble.

Gordon

My main thing is that I don't know if I will stick around for end-game stuff which is why I was thinking of starting with vanilla. I mainly want to try out the story/ campaign and I know there isn't too much of it in the normal version but I'm worried about getting locked out of stuff relatively early in the game.

Would I need to hit the level cap before I can even start the DLC?
Yes and no. There are a handful of activities that you can join pre-level-20 but most of them require you to be =>20 to actually deal damage. In terms of getting locked out, you won't really. It's pretty much just strikes and raids in the DLC and you'll need to spend time grinding marks to buy >20 gear before you're levelled enough for any DLC raids. The strikes are just variations on the same formula - walk, hold X, survive ~3 waves, walk some more, soak bullet sponge - so lacking the DLC ones won't hurt.

Somebody over on the destiny subreddit did the math:

"In September the icebreaker is having its recharge time increased from 5 seconds to 8 Yea, so guess what that means kiddies! 1 bullet every 8 seconds is equal to 37 bullets in 5 MINUTES. Synth cool down. That means you get 43 bullets (37 plus the original 6) for your icebreaker in 5 minutes, you can't get any more than that. On a sniper with a reserve of 18? 36 in 5 minutes. And you can DPS burst that on bosses, instead of a bullet each 8 seconds. You wanna give your exotic slot for less DPS and 7 more bullets? Fine by me but I'm sticking with pretty much any legendary sniper.

OH YEA And icebreaker can't pick up more special, making legendaries even BETTER Fuck me BUNGIE this is dumb...

TL:DR icebreaker now has less DPS than every high impact legendary sniper, and you're giving your exotic slot for 7 more bullets in a 5 minute window."

AaronMT86

I’m guessing the only way to update him would be a server reset which would benefit some and disappoint others whom just started playing Trials matches.

No weapons from Xur but please enjoy your fucking moon map in the Trials

Please understand and also preorder The Taken King for $39.99 USD because we know what we're doing Thank You

In all honesty all weapons Xur sells are getting nerfed into the ground anyway, he's just being a nice guy and saving you the trouble.

Dont forget pls buy our $20 apology

aaaaand there it is...

a67LMGP.jpg

Oh my god....

SkylineRKR

I hope Hard Light will be great. Its probably the most under used exotic. The gun looks and sounds awesome. I like using it but wish it was stronger.

Gordon

aaaaand there it is...

a67LMGP.jpg
It's official. They've gone full retard. They can't even push the buttons they built. This whole game is just Luke Smith foot in mouth levels of failure. I feel like I'm playing a franchise run by teenagers. What am I doing with my life?

noomi

really feels like Bungie has been on a roll the last month or so...

- Red Bull Codes
- TTK Pricing
- $20 Cosmetics
- Luke Smith Comments
- PoE (bad rewards, low loot chances)
- Weapon Balancing News
- Xur Inventory
- PvP Lag
- Trials Map Recycling

man.... I actually can't remember the last time we had something good anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Destiny and I have fun every time, but... I think we all need something really positive to happen

Trace

Banned
I hope Hard Light will be great. Its probably the most under used exotic. The gun looks and sounds awesome. I like using it but wish it was stronger.

With the Auto Rifle buff and the lack of range falloff for the bullets, I could see it being a solid choice. It's already decent.

blazeuk

Ridiculous we've ended up with Cauldron again, there's plenty of maps to choose from yet we're stuck with another map we've already had.

Gordon

It's a shitty weapon archetype with retarded perks. I don't know if Hardlight will be great or if "great" will be Hardlight.

- Red Bull Codes
- TTK Pricing
- $20 Cosmetics
- Luke Smith Comments
- Weapon Balancing News
- Xur Inventory
- PvP Lag
- Trials Map Recycling

Don't get me wrong, I still love Destiny and I have fun every time, but... I think we all need something really positive to happen

And my warlock getting deleted. It's been a really rough month.

Gordon

- Red Bull Codes
- TTK Pricing
- $20 Cosmetics
- Luke Smith Comments
- Weapon Balancing News
- Xur Inventory
- PvP Lag
- Trials Map Recycling

The last good thing was Necro iirc rofl

SkylineRKR

btw with the ever increasing challenge I agree Kinetic should be gone. We're getting to the point where Kinect damage is near useless in post-game content. It made Raid weapons special but there are so many now and everyone can beat Normal VoG for a Vision
except for me.

EDIT: leaving the typo as is.

I'm in shock. Bungie has no control over this game.

Remember when there was the strange coin "exploit" and they fixed it within like an hour?

Bungie's philosophy:
  • Things in Destiny that benefit the the player MUST be stopped (e.g. Crota's end cheese getting fixed before Crota's End bugs like disappearing sword)
  • Things in Destiny that harm the player will be allowed for months and months (e.g. heavy ammo glitch)

ocean

Banned
They can either raise the bar or lower it, and lowering it is easier.

Meh there are vanilla guns that are a hair away from each. If the vanilla guns hadn't already been nerfed to shit these wouldn't even be worth noting.
What nerf? There is no rocket launcher in Vanilla destiny as good as Ash Factory, with or without any nerfs. No high impact shotgun like Matador. No mid impact one as good as Part Crasher (Judgment close second tho). Nothing comes close to BTRD.

Whatever. You went from "vanilla was better" to "just a hair behind".

moving-the-goalposts1.jpeg

btw with the ever increasing challenge I agree Kinetic should be gone. We're getting to the point where Kinect damage is near useless in post-game content. It made Raid weapons special but there are so many now and everyone can beat Normal VoG for a Vision
except for me.

as a non Raider, i want my old exotic primaries to inherit an elemental damage.

Still up to help with flawless if anyone needs (PS4).

Also up for PoE 34. PSN is Reignofsparrows.
I will take you up on that offer if you are still around tonight (after 8est). I've been messing around solo on an off this week but keep dying to stupid shit.

PSN is Darknyss. I think I'm already on your list.

- Red Bull Codes
- TTK Pricing
- $20 Cosmetics
- Luke Smith Comments
- Weapon Balancing News
- Xur Inventory
- PvP Lag
- Trials Map Recycling

Good summary.

Make a thread on gaming side and just wait for the blood to be spilled.

I was looking forward to coming home from work early and playing some Destiny but I'm so over this shit right now.

Anyone need a PoE 32 or 34?

ocean

Banned
except for me.

Kinetic near useless? Element is a complete non-issue outside Nightfalls for endgame.

Vault of Glass has exactly one shielded enemy (Praetorians). Even with their Void shields most people use FB or VoC, which offer no help against those shields. Why? Because you use your special ammo anyways against these guys.

Elements are neat but saying a Kinetic weapon is useless is very far from how the game actually plays. The overwhelming majority of enemies aren't shielded, and those that are will normally be attacked with special or heavy anyways.

EL CUCO

So the only thing left short of a confirmation that Trials rotates between the same 5 maps is Bungie actually admitting to it, at this point.

Top Bottom