• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Image%202015-07-17%20at%2012.05.02%20PM.png

Bungie can't even manage Xur lol

It's like the week Ghorn was sold and Xur had sunbreakers(I think)! Didn't he also have Helm of Inmost light too lol?

The last time a saw Ghorn on sale was one of the the last weeks of Vanilla Destiny before TDB

Never saw on sale ever again, got lucky getting 2 drop after. All my 3 characters have Ghorns, Icebreakers and Suros Regimes

Kamina

Golden Boy
They are looking into the problem. They never said it would be solved this weekend. lol
Solving is definitely not among their strengths.

Like for example: braking ARs while trying to solve weapon imbalance

The last time a saw Ghorn on sale was one of the the last weeks of Vanilla Destiny before TDB

Never saw on sale ever again
He only ever had it once on sale. Week 2 After Release

http://www.destinyxur.com

zewone

Never saw on sale ever again, got lucky getting 2 drop after. All my 3 characters have Ghorns, Icebreakers and Suros Regimes

Gjallarhorn hasn't been sold by Xur since September 2014. 2nd week of Destiny.

Gordon

There have been pretty good sales on the package. $40 for it all. However, if you want to make sure you get all the bang for your buck, you can get the digital TTK CE for $80 and start playing vanilla and both expansions (when you're of level).

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but without the expansions, you'll be missing out on a lot of good guns from HoW which helps PvP and PvE. There is an OK amount of content in vanilla assuming you enjoy it. The game is best enjoyed playing with other without a doubt.

The main question is, do you enjoy PvP? If so, you could take a shot at only vanilla to see how you like it. If you're in it for mainly PvE, you'd be best going for the expansions. To get the whole experience and best of all worlds, the expansions are a must. Hope that helps.
Black Hammer -> nerfed
Exotics (Necro/Dragon's Breath/NLB) -> all terrible
Raid Primaries (Hand, Abyss, Edict, Fang) -> trash, trash, inferior but useable, meaningless now that fatebringer can be ascended

I'd say you're wrong. I guess the best argument to make would be Edict/BH/Hunger, but that's not the strongest argument. *shrug* if I could trade both DLCs to get the vanilla stuff I sharded for space back I would.

I don't get the hate for blink: it is part of the game.
If anything, I would argue for giving titans a blink option as well and be done with it...

it's the same underlying problem of devolving into a single way to play the game and if you don't do that then your at a huge disadvantage. to some people that shit just gets boring when your forced into a play-style to stay competitive.

I wouldn't want to keep playing a version of Destiny where the next 2+ years of this games lifespan is nothing but Exotic hand cannons and Blink shot gunners in PVP.

bitsurugi

Oh boy Bungie, OH BOY, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!

So many bad design decisions, which could have been solved waaaay more easier:

talking strictly PVE wisse: why use a horn? Cause it's good.

BUT:

Would you USE a Horn if say, exotics primaries were elemental dmg?
The problem is the elemental dmg, not horn or exotics like thorn or TLW or hard light etc.

As it is now, choosing an exotic primary in pve in nerfing yourself, because:

- fatebringer/VoC/any random primary LEGENDARY gun outperforms pretty much any primary exotic in pte, since most hard enemies have shields.
If i had an option to use a SOLAR hawkmoon... hell, i'd use it. Even rather then a Horn in PVE.

Or a void Thorn. Or Arc mida. Etc.

If you buff exotics primaries in pve and by buff, i mean a tiny elemental dmg (which has absolutely NO effect in PVP!), you automatically widen the possibility of swapping the BALLERHORN out, since you cant have 2 exotics.

There, no nerf needed and not everyone now would have the NEED to must have a Horn in pve.

The change in Lord of Wolves is a perfect example of a GOOD change. Black hammer... don't get me even started... why you do that Bungie, why?!?!? Or Ice breaker. Sigh.

Not even that sad about the Horn itself, i am sad for the NON BUFF on Dragons breath, SGA, etc. in PVE.
How is Dragon's breath not buffed?!?!?!?

Gordon

Hahahaha I like that.

Ice breaker almost makes sense for P&T, since it makes you go invis, it's almost like saying "hello, nice to meet you". The names need to switch!
Well they were going to call P&T "Closing Time" but ostensibly couldn't get the rights to do it
Names definitely make more sense reversed, unless Closing Time was on the table.

BUT:

The problem is the elemental dmg, not horn or exotics like thorn or TLW or hard light etc.

- fatebringer/VoC/any random primary LEGENDARY gun outperforms pretty much any primary exotic in pte, since most hard enemies have shields.
If i had an option to use a SOLAR hawkmoon... hell, i'd use it. Even rather then a Horn in PVE.

If you buff exotics primaries in pve and by buff, i mean a tiny elemental dmg (which has absolutely NO effect in PVP!), you automatically widen the possibility of swapping the BALLERHORN out, since you cant have 2 exotics.

There, no nerf needed and not everyone now would have the NEED to must have a Horn in pve.

The change in Lord of Wolves is a perfect example of a GOOD change. Black hammer... don't get me even started... why you do that Bungie, why?!?!? Or Ice breaker. Sigh.

Not even that sad about the Horn itself, i am sad for the NON BUFF on Dragons breath, SGA, etc. in PVE.

Agreed.

Hawkmoon should be arc. TLW solar. Thorn void. :)

nowai

Woof. I haven't played ToO on Cauldron, but I am guessing a lot of shotgun rush down. I just want those chest pieces...

As a sniper, I honestly really like this map. There are plenty of long sight lines to put separation between you and your target.

Sure, if you are careless, it's very easy to get overwhelmed and blink shotgunned. If you play smart though, you can easily draw people to your ideal situations.

ocean

Banned
Black Hammer -> nerfed
Exotics (Necro/Dragon's Breath/NLB) -> all terrible
Raid Primaries (Hand, Abyss, Edict, Fang) -> trash, trash, inferior but useable, meaningless now that fatebringer can be ascended

I'd say you're wrong. I guess the best argument to make would be Edict/BH/Hunger, but that's not the strongest argument. *shrug* if I could trade both DLCs to get the vanilla stuff I sharded for space back I would.
Wrong. The best Legendaries in the game are HoW.

Her Benevolence, Shadow of Veils, Hopscotch Pilgrim, The Measenger, Matador 64, Party Crasher +1, Ash Factory, BTRD, Salvation State/Shadow.l are all the best of their weapon class.

Owensboro

Ah ha! Remote play is finally working from my office on my Xperia Z3. This is freaking nuts. Grabbed the nighthawk from Xur. Now if they reset his stock I don't have to worry about not buying it in time!

I like Cauldron. But maybe that's because I'm not a great sniper.

I like it visually, too. Reminds me of a Skyrim dungeon done Destiny-style.

Gordon

BUT:

They can either raise the bar or lower it, and lowering it is easier.

Wrong. The best Legendaries in the game are HoW.

Her Benevolence, Shadow of Veils, Hopscotch Pilgrim, The Measenger, Matador 64, Party Crasher +1, Ash Factory, BTRD, Salvation State/Shadow.l are all the best of their weapon class.
Meh there are vanilla guns that are a hair away from each. If the vanilla guns hadn't already been nerfed to shit these wouldn't even be worth noting.

zeitgeist

There have been pretty good sales on the package. $40 for it all. However, if you want to make sure you get all the bang for your buck, you can get the digital TTK CE for $80 and start playing vanilla and both expansions (when you're of level).

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but without the expansions, you'll be missing out on a lot of good guns from HoW which helps PvP and PvE. There is an OK amount of content in vanilla assuming you enjoy it. The game is best enjoyed playing with other without a doubt.

The main question is, do you enjoy PvP? If so, you could take a shot at only vanilla to see how you like it. If you're in it for mainly PvE, you'd be best going for the expansions. To get the whole experience and best of all worlds, the expansions are a must. Hope that helps.

My main thing is that I don't know if I will stick around for end-game stuff which is why I was thinking of starting with vanilla. I mainly want to try out the story/ campaign and I know there isn't too much of it in the normal version but I'm worried about getting locked out of stuff relatively early in the game.

Would I need to hit the level cap before I can even start the DLC?

Gordon

It's REAL easy to take a screenshot in game. If Xur had been offering Ghorn for the first 30 seconds he was up today, an actual direct screen shot would exist, guaranteed. Hell, someone would have saved their last 15 min video once they took it down. 0% chance.
Not on 360 - just sayin. I know that's a playstation interface, and I'm not saying I think it's real - just that not all copies of destiny are created equal. On 360 if you want a screenshot you need a PVR. No idea what goes on with PS3 though.

Top Bottom