• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

really feels like Bungie has been on a roll the last month or so...

- Red Bull Codes
- TTK Pricing
- $20 Cosmetics
- Luke Smith Comments
- PoE (bad rewards, low loot chances)
- Weapon Balancing News
- Xur Inventory
- PvP Lag
- Trials Map Recycling

man.... I actually can't remember the last time we had something good anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Destiny and I have fun every time, but... I think we all need something really positive to happen

Bungie will take two expansion to make the necrochasm being useful for...mmm....PVP?

- Red Bull Codes
- TTK Pricing
- $20 Cosmetics
- Luke Smith Comments
- Weapon Balancing News
- Xur Inventory
- PvP Lag
- Trials Map Recycling

Don't get me wrong, I still love Destiny and I have fun every time, but... I think we all need something really positive to happen

I feel ya.

For PoE don't forget to add in recycling the Hard levels. Was really hoping for more variance.
For Weapons balancing, add in that that apart from the balancing, the timing is rough (2 more months of Thorn, Blinkshotty)

zeitgeist

Not really the full cap. The max cap is L34. To start The Dark Below / DLC 1, you need to be 25. To start HoW, you need to be L28.

Vanilla can get you to Level 34, just slower since you have less options. Mostly need Etheric Light which can be obtain once a week from a Nightfall, Iron Banner which is once a month for a whole week. Then for the 2nd DLC, there are 2 more options: PoE and Trials, which are both end game contents.

The end game content is the best! Vault of Glass raid, you have to be Level 26, that's vanilla and a ton of fun. Crota's End is ok, the 2nd raid which comes from the 1st DLC. And if you have any interest in PvP at all, Trials of Osiris End Game from the 2nd DLC is A LOT of fun.

Cool thanks. I think I will pick up the normal version and give it a whirl. I'm hoping I get hooked and won't mind grabbing all the DLC anyways and then dive in to the Taken King come September.

SkylineRKR

Kinetic near useless? Element is a complete non-issue outside Nightfalls for endgame.

Vault of Glass has exactly one shielded enemy (Praetorians). Even with their Void shields most people use FB or VoC, which offer no help against those shields. Why? Because you use your special ammo anyways against these guys.

Elements are neat but saying a Kinetic weapon is useless is very far from how the game actually plays. The overwhelming majority of enemies aren't shielded, and those that are will normally be attacked with special or heavy anyways.

Maybe you're right. I use Fatebringer like 99% of the time. Maybe FB is just too good. But it would be cool to play NF with MIDA or something.

noomi

Good summary.

Make a thread on gaming side and just wait for the blood to be spilled.

It sucks to say it and put it into a list like that but it's true :(

I really try to be an optimist and I love playing the game, but this last month has just been brutal in terms of bad news and getting people upset.

That being said I am still looking forward to TTK, and I will be purchasing it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
HAHAHA, what a bunch of fucking clowns over there. Almost a year in and he suddenly doesn't have a weapon to sell. Had to of been a Ghorn roll that conflicted with the Xur loot table. No words.

It sucks to say it and put it into a list like that but it's true :(

I really try to be an optimist and I love playing the game, but this last month has just been brutal in terms of bad news and getting people upset.

I'm still looking forward to TTK, and I will be purchasing it.

Heck yes. Need that raid + suros looking weapons. Gonna be awesome.

I'll probably jump ship after getting all new trophies tho.

ocean

Banned
Maybe you're right. I use Fatebringer like 99% of the time. Maybe FB is just too good. But it would be cool to play NF with MIDA or something.
It's my favorite fun in the game but it has nothing to do with Arc damage. It's about Firefly on a Hand Cannon and its uniqueness. Since FF is a proportion of the crit damage and HCs hit hardest, it's the only primary capable of killing enemies with the FF fallout damage. Outlaw is perfect synergy with that, rewarding crits. If it were Kinetic it would still be the only weapon capable of killing 6 Thrall with one bullet.

Would I like my Hawkmoon to be Solar? Sure. But I would still use a Rocket Launcher or Shotgun or Sniper against a Solar shielded Major Centurion or Wizard

It's my favorite fun in the game but it has nothing to do with Arc damage. It's about Firefly on a Hand Cannon and its uniqueness. Since FF is a proportion of the crit damage and HCs hit hardest, it's the only primary capable of killing enemies with the FF fallout damage. Outlaw is perfect synergy with that, rewarding crits. If it were Kinetic it would still be the only weapon capable of killing 6 Thrall with one bullet.

Would I like my Hawkmoon to be Solar? Sure. But I would still use a Rocket Launcher or Shotgun or Sniper against a Solar shielded Major Centurion or Wizard

Battle Runner is awesome. TLW would be amazing if it had Battle Runner.
I had a scout that had battle runner and outlaw. The one/one synesth.
It felt like destiny on crack running at +80% speed.
Really funny.

ocean

Banned
as if we needed any more conformation Xur was going to sell the Horn.
Lol can't tell if serious.

A bug = Gjallarhorn? If they just wanted to prevent it being sold they'd have put something else for sale. Leaving it blank = Horn is a completely baseless assumption and everyone is going "that has to be it" :p

This is a hoot.

ich00

Black Hammer -> nerfed
Exotics (Necro/Dragon's Breath/NLB) -> all terrible
Raid Primaries (Hand, Abyss, Edict, Fang) -> trash, trash, inferior but useable, meaningless now that fatebringer can be ascended

I'd say you're wrong. I guess the best argument to make would be Edict/BH/Hunger, but that's not the strongest argument. *shrug* if I could trade both DLCs to get the vanilla stuff I sharded for space back I would.

BH is still going to be one of the best snipers in the game with it's impact and solar damage. The Word is still the best void primary you can get. For that matter most of the Crota weapons are usable in different situations, it just depoends on if you want to swap weapons a lot.

Wrong. The best Legendaries in the game are HoW.

Her Benevolence, Shadow of Veils, Hopscotch Pilgrim, The Measenger, Matador 64, Party Crasher +1, Ash Factory, BTRD, Salvation State/Shadow.l are all the best of their weapon class.

Don't you need perfect rolls on these to make them better than older legendaries?

My main thing is that I don't know if I will stick around for end-game stuff which is why I was thinking of starting with vanilla. I mainly want to try out the story/ campaign and I know there isn't too much of it in the normal version but I'm worried about getting locked out of stuff relatively early in the game.

Would I need to hit the level cap before I can even start the DLC?

I'd see if you can download the trial to see if you like the mechanics of the game before spending the money, or if you have a gamestop near you but a used copy and try the full version out for a few days and return it if you don't like it.

You can do some of the Dark Below bounties before hitting lvl 20, that might be it tho.

nowai

- Red Bull Codes
- TTK Pricing
- $20 Cosmetics
- Luke Smith Comments
- Weapon Balancing News
- Xur Inventory
- PvP Lag
- Trials Map Recycling

It's the best 7/10 game I have ever played.

Still has the best shooting stuff in the face mechanics. Every time I play another shooter o think "man, I'd rather be playing Destiny".

Destiny is like the Souls games for me. I pretty much only played Souls for years because the mechanics are so good. Any time o tried to play something else, I just went back to Souls.

The best part of Destiny is that I can be social whole having great gunplay.

Replaying the story with the alt and being stuck with crappy weapons and ugly armor is depressing. Hard to believe I could enjoy it the first time.

ocean

Banned
Don't you need perfect rolls on these to make them better than older legendaries?
Base stats are better. At least now you can pick your perks and not depend on a super lucky Faction or NF to drop a sweet random roll.

In Vanilla you might have gotten lucky a Comedian or Final Boss with perfect rolls. New weapons with the same rolls are better though. The "vanilla was better" story is perpetuated despite being ridiculous. Except for Fatebringer, Black Hammer VoC and Found Verdict there are zero old weapons worth keeping except for sentimental reasons unless you got hyper lucky with a NF drop or something. And even then chances are you can get something better now.

westtrade

Neo Member
It's like the week Ghorn was sold and Xur had sunbreakers(I think)! Didn't he also have Helm of Inmost light too lol?

You know, I think you are right. I know that he did sell Helm of Inmost light as the same time as the ghorn because that was the day I made the wrong purchase choice in destiny...

It took over 700 hours to make up for that one mistake.

Ganhyun

Bungie is trolling hard this week.

Nerf everything and then break Xur and not fix him since you routinely take a stance of, fuck anything that hurts a player or slows him down, fix that only when we are forced to, but if it helps the player, its gone as fast as possible and if that fix adds a few player hurting bugs in and slows them down all the better.

Anastasis

Didn't they extend Xur's time before? They have some control. I wonder if it would reset the stats on the exotics he's currently selling. If so, they should have him remain this weekend as is and then have him come back mid-week with a new roll.

nOoblet16

Fuck this game, and it's error codes with stupid names...bee, quail...my ass
How the fuck can I get kicked from a game which I am already in? How the fuck can I not have a single error for days and this shit happens? What maintenance did they fuckin do?

Fuck you Bungie and your stupid servers, your stupid map selection for trails, your map design, your stupid overpriced DLC and your stupid mentality...fix your game first.

neoism

a67LMGP.jpg

RrYhTGq.gif

Maybe cuz it's Cauldron. I'd play it but I'm at work.

They are all busy flaming bungie on Twitter :p

I'd be down but I'm on that work grind too.

Haha yea either Cauldron or the Weapon Balance news.. and of course work :p

Don't see xplict on my list, so I'll toss you an invite. What's your psn

I'm on your list, we ran trials and nightfall last week haha. It's all good though, I signed off since I wasted an hour trying to get a group

I'm pretty sure you're Sin_Giborah or something along those lines, right?

I'm genuinely surprised the balance changes have been received so badly. The PvP changes look good with all the relevant guns getting nerfed and buffed where appropriate. Gally absolutely had to be nerfed for the long term view, there's no question about this. It's still probably going to be the best weapon in the game even after the nerf. The only change that is a blatant mistake is the Ice Breaker but that's about it. Kinda puzzled with the reactions..

Trace

Banned
I'm genuinely surprised the balance changes have been received so badly. The PvP changes look good with all the relevant guns getting nerfed and buffed where appropriate. Gally absolutely had to be nerfed for the long term view, there's no question about this. It's still probably going to be the best weapon in the game even after the nerf. The only change that is a blatant mistake is the Ice Breaker but that's about it. Kinda puzzled with the reactions..

People react badly to all nerfs, especially if they like using said nerfed weapon. I like most of the nerfs except for the Handcannon nerfs and Icebreaker.

Top Bottom