• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is it cool if I join in? I've played off and on since launch but have never actually done a raid before ( or anything team-related outside of Strikes actually... ) and I have wanted to give it a shot. I have a level 31 ( I need to double check but 99% sure I'm 31 now ) Hunter with Bladedancer/Gunslinger maxed out.
You're exactly who this is for, hah! Please sign up!
You are everything that's right with this community.
AAZIw3T.png

lol, man. I haven't even fully read the first gameinformer article. Maybe I'll go through them both after this one releases if work slows down in the late afternoon

Korosenai

Red death is a lot of fun to use in Rumble. The healing helps to go from one firefight to the next without having to wait and have your health recharge slowly.

Haybro

I think I may actually delete my Warlock (after putting all the exotics in the vault, if I have the space :O) and run the story over from the beginning. I can at least have an Exo if I do that.

I thought about rerunning my titan as a female exo.

blazeuk

This makes a lot of sense, Blaze. You don't seem to quickscope very much, yet you seem to do just fine racking up the kills or stealing kills from Robinson :p

Robinson has god rolls on all of his weapons, he's stealing everyone else's kills! Here I am with some crap medium to long range scope and a final round perk I never use because I have too many bullets.

E92 M3

I keep thinking that too, lol. this is the most concrete info revealed prior to anything including launch

Indeed - and it seems very unBungie like.

Well the only real surprise for house of wolf pups was 9 wins equals Mercury.

Well, there wasn't really much to reveal. They are saying everything for TTK.

bugs and disconnects will always surprise us.

Oryx can be knocked off into the rings of Saturn

Except, presumably, for the locations of actual secrets in the Dreadnaught. Since that would kind of defeat the purpose, I'd imagine.

Well, of course, but I think some general stuff should be kept secret as well.

SeanR1221

The one character boost will definitely get me to have all 3 characters.

I think I might get a warlock to 20 now and then use the boost on a Titan and delete me second hunter.

HigXx

So can someone help me here, when I go to purchase Taken King on the PS Store it says it is "Unavailable for purchase" and when I click "Tell me more" it says it is because I already own Expansion II: House of Wolves??

EDIT: So I had to "download" the two seperate items and not just the Season Pass for Expansions 1 & 2 to let me be able to purchase Taken King

Lnkn52

So can someone help me here, when I go to purchase Taken King on the PS Store it says it is "Unavailable for purchase" and when I click "Tell me more" it says it is because I already own Expansion II: House of Wolves??

Are you signed in and did you buy TDB?

This is the link you should use:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...king/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DESTINYTAKENKING

Is there ANY WAY someone can CP the article once online and PM it to me? Please?

Gameinformer is geoblocking my country (because reasons, I have no idea?) and I would like to be able to read it.

We got you covered.

Kurumi

I think I may actually delete my Warlock (after putting all the exotics in the vault, if I have the space :O) and run the story over from the beginning. I can at least have an Exo if I do that.

I thought about doing the same thing for my Titan. Especially after hearing that Nolan North will be replacing all of Dinklage's lines. Glad I'm the not the only one here lol.

Carn82

Well, of course, but I think some general stuff should be kept secret as well.

Agree, but I think they want to 'spread the wealth' to get people back on board. Most 'diehards' will get TTK anyway, but a lot of people dropped of because of the lacking vanilla and dissapointing first DLC (I actually think that HoW is pretty decent). They need the word of mouth, especially from diehards talking to their friends saying that 'bungie fixed everything and you should try it out!'

Tjamato88

So I've been using a Hunter the whole time I've been playing Destiny but haven't leveled up any of the Bladedancer subclass? I've just been using the Gunslinger subclass. Is that bad?

Should I swap over and start leveling my Bladedancer subclass?

Carn82

It won't be worth it. Unless you can't get enough Nolanbot in your life.

I do remember reading somewhere that they are 'tweaking' a lot of the missions and quests (like the reef opening up after you met the queen). 'tweaking' could mean many things tho, but maybe they`ll try to cram in some more lore here and there.

rNilla

Why would you need a new character to play through the story missions again? They're all right there. I guess we'll see what the revamped system looks like.

So the voice in the trailer is this Nolan guy, and he is playing the ghost...Does this mean that the ghost is a guardian too, or was that not the ghost talking, and they are just using the same guy for voice overs as well?

todd360

Agree, but I think they want to 'spread the wealth' to get people back on board. Most 'diehards' will get TTK anyway, but a lot of people dropped of because of the lacking vanilla and dissapointing first DLC (I actually think that HoW is pretty decent). They need the word of mouth, especially from diehards talking to their friends saying that 'bungie fixed everything and you should try it out!'

That is the most likely answer to why we are getting so much info. Need to get people back on board/on board for the first time.

Carn82

So I've been using a Hunter the whole time I've been playing Destiny but haven't leveled up any of the Bladedancer subclass? I've just been using the Gunslinger subclass. Is that bad?

well, it's not required. But every character and their subclasses have an impact on the expierence, so my advice would be: "Yes, and also start up a Warlock and a Titan"

so much of this will end up depending on your play style (whether you swipe shoot, quickstep etc) that it's usually best to try things out instead of following arbitrary lists.

We most definitely agree on this part! :)

I've done Skolas before but had a pretty frustrating run this morning with 3 teammates dropping out before we could get it done, had to go to work and no checkpoints = ugh.

If you need a third I'd be more than glad to join y'all!

Of course! Doesn't always have to be first timers although it's nice to work some in when I can. I can do more runs with first timers anytime, especially before Trials launches. I've only done 1 Skolas this week so far, and I've done 3-6 most weeks since HoW launched.

Lnkn52

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...and-answers-about-destiny-the-taken-king.aspx

104 Questions And Answers About Destiny: The Taken King
video interview
by Ben Hanson on August 05, 2015 at 02:00 PM 134 Views

Destiny has a thriving community that endlessly thirsts for more information on Bungie's burgeoning universe. With the launch of our extensive September cover story on Destiny: The Taken King, we explained as much as a cover story can contain, but there were still some lingering questions like "Whose face is on the strange coin?" and "Are there bathrooms on the tower?" The only way to cover as much ground as we need to in an interview with The Taken King's creative director Luke Smith was to take the same approach as our No Man's Sky interview from last year, and rapid-fire our way through dozens and dozens of burning questions. Game Informer's Ben Reeves sat down with Smith at Bungie to ask what's on everybody's mind.

Check out the video interview below to learn more about Destiny's lore, The Taken King's gameplay changes, and Paul McCartney's mortality.

To learn much more about Destiny: The Taken King, click on the banner below to enter our constantly-expanding hub of exclusive content.

Why would you need a new character to play through the story missions again? They're all right there. I guess we'll see what the revamped system looks like.

You miss out on some cutscenes, I guess. It can be more fun to start from scratch too than just blazing through all the missions with your high level gear.

ocean

Banned
We most definitely agree on this part! :)

Of course! Doesn't always have to be first timers although it's nice to work some in when I can. I can do more runs with first timers anytime, especially before Trials launches. I've only done 1 Skolas this week so far, and I've done 3-6 most weeks since HoW launched.
I've slacked off Skolas. Did it every week at launch but stopped once I realized how low the drop rates were and what a hard time you can have if the team isn't experienced.

I still don't have the Bow or the Promise :( only things keeping me from Pokedex. I'll be available all day, just let me know when you guys are up for it :)

Yes. Absolutely. Blade Dancer is better for most PvE stuff, and the best overall PvP subclass. Level that bad boy asap.

Kurumi

Wish Destiny had an appearance change option so you could change the look of your guardian. I know you only get to see them in the tower and cutscenes but still it'd be nice.

Top Bottom