• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Kyoufu

Got my second Cipher bounty from PoE 34 today. Tempted to get Dreg's Promise next and use it to get the sidearm kills grimoire card.

Did Passage coins work?
Were they ever going to work?

Originally I was under the impression that they were going to be a limited invitation sort of thing. Then they just turned into another currency. Pretty useless. How would you change them?

I've been thinking on this. They started taking steps down this path, but Passage Coins shouldn't be awarded to winners. Passage Coins should be the Trials of Osiris equivalent to the Iron Banner medallions. They should be the loser way to collect some Trial rewards and maybe even a way to reach the Lighthouse without being able to open the chest.

Things you ponder on while staring on yet another stack of currencies you don't need. Not a big deal to many here, but I may top 1,000 Strange Common Coins this week.

1000 Passage Coins? o_O

Isn't the bolded what they did when they took them out of the Mercury chest and guaranteed them to drop for losing teams? The packages give 8 coins total but this still helps struggling teams to add more coins from non-Mercury cards. An all-boon 7-0 Mercury card actually costs you 1 coin.

Ultimately the coins don't make much sense. They were designed to incentivize struggling players to do Daily Crucible for coins, but 1 coin/day didn't make sense when each busted card cost 9. Coins from losses is nice encouragement to not quit Trials, but they should just remove them. Mercury should require 7-1 since that's functionally how it works now anyway. "9-0" just sounds more impressive :p

Bungie probably never bothered to re-program enemies to stop tracking on you when your dead. Would have been a great question for Luke during the Destiny: 104 rapid fire questions today.

Good point! How do I get that job? Kappa

Yep, fun times. Thanks guys. I don't know what Bungie was thinking when they had burns in there at first. The encounter has some interesting mechanics. Burns didn't help.

Of all their head scratching decisions, launching Skolas with Solar Burn is near the top of my list. I would be fascinated to hear the rationale behind this, it's so mind boggling to me.

And then they nerf GHorn because too many people demand it on LFG... instead of just letting Xur sell it again.... oof.

Ryck

Haha had some fun tonight. Doing Dragon Strikes with 3 Voidwalkers, Obsidian Mind and Bad Juju, trying to make as many orbs as possible. Really breaks up the tedium on farming for Hopscotch.

Shoot me a fr, I'm helping out with a vog run, after that tho if you still need a hand I'll be happy to do it for you. Psn is ichabod00.

I don't see Bombastico, so are there any Skolas virgins that have a Lv34 character and want to get a kill? Otherwise anyone else that wants to join is welcome.

Are you online now? I could solo it for you, takes 5 min.

edit: sounds like you are at work, I'll do this Skolas and can help later if needed.

hit me up as well, should be available.
I finished eating I'm logging in 😃

Of all their head scratching decisions, launching Skolas with Solar Burn is near the top of my list. I would be fascinated to hear the rationale behind this, it's so mind boggling to me.

And then they nerf GHorn because too many people demand it on LFG... instead of just letting Xur sell it again.... oof.

Exactly. They used the LFG thing as an excuse to nerf a weapon that is too over powered.

As long as bullet sponge bosses don't make their way into TTK, I won't mind the nerf too bad.

void666

Banned
I was doing PoE 34. That annoying qudron boss.
One of the guys got disconnected. The other one is... well... noobish.
We managed to get the boss to a sliver of health.
The noobie, confused with all the shit going on dies. I got targeted, killed the eye just to be finished off by a hobgoblin.

I rage quit.

Now i'm feeling bad.

Definitely i'm not doing any PoE this week.

Too much work to be rewarded with crap.

Kyoufu

I was doing PoE 34. That annoying qudron boss.
One of the guys got disconnected. The other one is... well... noobish.
We managed to get the boss to a sliver of health.
The noobie, confused with all the shit going on dies. I got targeted, killed the eye just to be finished off by a hobgoblin.

I rage quit.

Now i'm feeling bad.

Definitely i'm not doing any PoE this week.

Too much work to be rewarded with crap.

Do it with GAFers. It's a pretty easy one to be honest, especially if you have good weapons.

Top Bottom