• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

LTWood12

lol well if LT was actually serious he did respond first...

If he can't make it, then Sentient can jump in whenever. Unstable and me and 2-manning a PoE 32 now, on round 3.

Dead serious. Unfortunately it decided to storm like a motherfucker after weeks of no rain right as I pick up a controller. Currently patting my sons back while he tries to go back to sleep.

Sentient the Traveler has chosen you.

I'll never forget First Look Alpha. Those feels will not get replaced anytime soon. I have high hopes for TTK and I know it'll be awesome especially with an awesome community.

I remember when I reached the cap at Level 8, still finding secrets like the giant Ogre being ?? And being scared going to him through the hive underground. Finding gear that was level 10+ and Blue and unable to ever equip it since we couldn't go passed Level 8. It was just so new and good.

I just wouldn't expect that much "new" since in the core of it all, it's Destiny that we've played. I'm excited as heck for the dynamic strikes and a 6 man raid that's bigger and better. Not to mention new subclasses and a story to tie things together. New PvP maps and modes. Tons of new weapons and gear and customizable features. New level cap and going away with light. It's really all epic.

Oh and the patrol and finding out secrets again. That's what made the game so good in the beginning were all of the unknowns.

And yes, quests/bounties for more things FTW

I will say, the hype and fun HoW had when released was fantastic. Obviously for most it was many steps in the right direction. I won't forget that it took Grimlock, Javier and myself almost 40 minutes when it released to finally play the first HoW mission. It pretty much lived up to the hype then. TTK is a lot higher

maomaoIYP

How can I get better ladies and gents? Any tips? Trying to get better at Destiny PvP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TFfUlrF7nk

Keep in mind this is a shotgun blink gameplay so avert your eyes if that sounds deplorable.

You seem to be doing pretty damn well if you ask me. I tend to play a tad bit more aggressively with more sliding but that's just me. In any case asylum isn't exactly the my favorite map for blink shotgunning. Also I like to crouch while aiming down that line of sight towards C on the 2nd floor, basically only my head is exposed.

LTWood12

I'll never forget First Look Alpha. Those feels will not get replaced anytime soon. I have high hopes for TTK and I know it'll be awesome especially with an awesome community.

I remember when I reached the cap at Level 8, still finding secrets like the giant Ogre being ?? And being scared going to him through the hive underground. Finding gear that was level 10+ and Blue and unable to ever equip it since we couldn't go passed Level 8. It was just so new and good.

I just wouldn't expect that much "new" since in the core of it all, it's Destiny that we've played. I'm excited as heck for the dynamic strikes and a 6 man raid that's bigger and better. Not to mention new subclasses and a story to tie things together. New PvP maps and modes. Tons of new weapons and gear and customizable features. New level cap and going away with light. It's really all epic.

That sense of wonder is what I'm hoping to get back next month. There was something magical about that alpha/beta.

That sense of wonder is what I'm hoping to get back next month. There was something magical about that alpha/beta.

Haha yes i added that to the end of my post but you beat me :p

Exploring and finding out the new things as they happen was magical indeed. I'm hoping to get that back especially in the new patrols

todd360

Haha yes i added that to the end of my post but you beat me :p

Exploring and finding out the new things as they happen was magical indeed. I'm hoping to get that back especially in the new patrols

We still have that mystery. VoG 6th chest! It maybe exists!

Oh this reminds me. For the longest time I didn't look up ANYTHING about Destiny. I believe it was my 2nd ever VoG raid clear late Sept or Early October, I got a Ghorn from Atheon and my reaction? "Damnit I got a Rocket Launcher". I didn't use it for a few days until my friend told me that it's like the best gun in the game.

Or when CE came out and I was stoked I got a Dragon's Breath on the first day from my 2nd nightfall. Stoked! Then Zoba said how much it sucked haha.

The unknown makes for great memories.

LTWood12

Oh this reminds me. For the longest time I didn't look up ANYTHING about Destiny. I believe it was my 2nd ever VoG raid clear late Sept or Early October, I got a Ghorn from Atheon and my reaction? "Damnit I got a Rocket Launcher". I didn't use it for a few days until my friend told me that it's like the best gun in the game.

Or when CE came out and I was stoked I got a Dragon's Breath on the first day from my 2nd nightfall. Stoked! Then Zoba said how much it sucked haha.

The unknown makes for great memories.

Lol dude I sharded my first piece of VoG armor because it was 18 light, and I was using maxed 27 light armor. "What is this garbage? At least I get some shards!" Crazy that it used to not show the max light achievable on equipment.

I'd like to explore the vault with based quadruple jump boots. Maybe the chest is just hidden in a hard to reach area.

Hahaha during a raid I joined earlier today, someone used those boots to jump down and activate the Oracles and get back up!

Also during a Nightfall, this guy was pissed he got the Bones on his Warlock after he had just done the Nightfall on his Hunter, as if he can't transfer gear over.

#LFGStories

Lol dude I sharded my first piece of VoG armor because it was 18 light, and I was using maxed 27 light armor. "What is this garbage? At least I get some shards!" Crazy that it used to not show the max light achievable on equipment.

Hahaha that's awesome! I never really paid attention to int/disc/str stats before DGAF so I always wonder how terrible my distribution was back in the day :p

Hahaha during a raid I joined earlier today, someone used those boots to jump down and activate the Oracles and get back up!

Also during a Nightfall, this guy was posted he got the Bones on his Warlock after he had just done the Nightfall on his Hunter, as if he can't transfer gear over.

#LFGStories

Ugh, it would suck if items were Bind on Pickup.

I had fun going down memory lane. I still have so many more memories but it could probably cover an entire OT so I'll leave it at that. Thanks for the awesome memories DGAF and I really cannot wait for more with TTK :p

I'm also hoping my IRL friends get back at it soon. They each only have 1 char pretty much so I'll still run with DGAF. Plus, I technically have 6 chars. I also will run with my nephew now that he's Level 20 and will be right there with us all so that excites me. The more people I can run with, the better. Especially my nephew and cousin. Family and friends. It's going to be fantastic.

I had fun going down memory lane. I still have so many more memories but it could probably cover an entire OT so I'll leave it at that. Thanks for the awesome memories DGAF and I really cannot wait for more with TTK :p

The other night I went through all my saved pictures. Great stuff.

todd360

Also during a Nightfall, this guy was pissed he got the Bones on his Warlock after he had just done the Nightfall on his Hunter, as if he can't transfer gear over.

#LFGStories

#everyonebutdgafhasboneboots

Cade

Quad jump boots dropped for my Warlock from the 32 earlier. My friend who's been wanting them for ages was livid. It was great. I don't even Gunslinger on my Hunter, either.

#LFGStories

Pfft id slap him and take them if i could.:)

lol i give tokems a bunch of shit for never getting a black hammer so now he makes me do all the boss fights alone

K3XRvek.gif

Top Bottom