• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

noomi

DGAF... I had to.....

noomi presents "Hunter Wearing Sexy Dead Orbit Shaders"
with bonus chatterwhite

The Nowhere:
mijCuhH.jpg

Hanged Man:
TVbEVWv.jpg

Bittersteel:
zg19Jvk.jpg

Revenant:
Q4RCOqR.jpg

Chatterwhite:
zwfgsTz.jpg

Thank you for that - can anyone else weigh in on this - is it the best option?

two options:

A)
Buy the normal Taken King expansion from Japan store for 40$. Wait for the "Bonus digital items expansion pack" to be sold later for another 20$.

B)
Buy the Legendary Edition from the UK at full price.

Hey Apple, glad to hear you are doing better dude. Destiny can definitely feel like a chore sometimes, and taking a break from things is always a good idea. Seems like you are getting everything sorted, and that is certainly a positive.

Take all the time you need, and remember that DGAF will always be here :)

Actually, I've been legally female for the last two months (Went past the point of no return). And this break has helped me with making a final decision about "the surgery" instead of trying not to think about it. But in the end I've gotten used to people thinking by default that I am a guy on the net. Makes things easier as I have fallen behind on voice therapy and now I have to deal with "girls don't know shit about videogames, go make me a sammich" types.

Shito

Actually, I've been legally female for the last two months. And this break has helped me with making a final decision about "the surgery" instead of trying not to think about it. But in the end I've gotten used to people thinking by default that I am a guy on the net. Makes things easier as I have fallen behind on voice therapy and now I have to deal with "girls don't know shit about videogames, go make me a sammich" types.
Oh, to me you were a girl ever since you appeared in this topic and talked about being a lesbian. :)
I understand a bit more now what you were talking about with this surgery thing being a bother to moving out in another country. Glad to see this break helps you take such important decisions in your life. As noomi said, we'll be here to help you out if you decide to return to Destiny. :)

noomi

Actually, I've been legally female for the last two months. And this break has helped me with making a final decision about "the surgery" instead of trying not to think about it. But in the end I've gotten used to people thinking by default that I am a guy on the net. Makes things easier as I have fallen behind on voice therapy and now I have to deal with "girls don't know shit about videogames, go make me a sammich" types.

My apologies, I call everyone dude by default... even females... it just happens :p I think I've called my own wife dude once or twice (she hates it of course)... it's a hard habit to get out of lol.

Either way, like I said earlier I'm glad to hear that you are doing better, and hope to see you in-game at some point in the future. Don't be a stranger, after you join our family, you are DGAF for life :)

Guys - I played the Taken King yesterday.

I was super impressed.

We´re all gonna love it!

Also got a BlckSmith Shader - Yay!

There was a live PVE demo from the first Taken King story mission played by some Bungie guy in front of us.

After that we got to play 2 PVP matches of skirmish (?) with the new subclasses on new maps.

Everything seemed like a big step up from what was there before. Especially the story mission.

We are in line now. Can't find Horizon anywhere, was looking forward to it.

Good news is that TTK, Overwatch, Uncharted, MGS and Dark Souls are all next to each other.

Ruthless....

You being online for this long is making my OCD kick in.... I want to turn off your PS4 lol.

Couldn't you have stayed at gorgons at least if you were gonna be on this long :p

Awesome, I'm pretty jealous of you guys :p Seems like it's crazy fun to be a part of. Keep us posted with juicy details :D

Lol we have been here for 3 hours and still in line to play something :p

Recall

Just bought Destiny for £15. I wont be buying any DLC or have anyone to play with, what can i expect to get out of the game? im guessing just the main story at this point?

Skele7on

Banned
Just bought Destiny for £15. I wont be buying any DLC or have anyone to play with, what can i expect to get out of the game? im guessing just the main story at this point?

some fun times ahead, some hardships as you're non DLC, Just play, have fun and don't grind too hard because everything is changing September 15th with TTK

Oh, to me you were a girl ever since you appeared in this topic and talked about being a lesbian. :)
I understand a bit more now what you were talking about with this surgery thing being a bother to moving out in another country. Glad to see this break helps you take such important decisions in your life. As noomi said, we'll be here to help you out if you decide to return to Destiny. :)

Nah, that one was a BA (so that I can stream with the camera pointing downwards and nobody pays attention to how much I suck in crucible). I'm going back to Thailand for this (and, and bringing the PS4 could be a good idea). At this rate I'm going to have more scars than Punished Snake.

BTW, what was said a few pages before about that last ragequit and doing nothing. That was the same thing that was happened to me, both Dry.Rot and Party Crasher +1 looking like pop corn cannons. I've never bothered to check the connectionalthough It always says mine is bad (50/3 assymetrical with 11 ms ping)

Skele7on

Banned
Thank you and thank you - well DLC2 is 2160yen and 5292yen for TTK which comes out to 7452yen (about $60/£38) so unless the Exotic goodies pack is more than 3000yen (which I highly doubt), then I won't have gotten such a bad deal - that works out!

Plus I suppose the silver lining is that by buying the DLC2 now, I will get the Year 1 shaders, Sparrow etc.!

It's been quoted the pack will be $20 so you should be ok.

noomi

I've been reading reddit info about TTK, and they said there will be new trophies introduced.... now as someone who only needs to level a warlock for platinum... this makes me a bit nervous.

if they introduce new trophies... will this mean I will need all the new ones to Platinum?

I've decided I will make a warlock, but later on. I will use both my hunters for a bit to get gear faster... then delete a hunter, and then make that Warlock finally....

Skele7on

Banned
I've been reading reddit info about TTK, and they said there will be new trophies introduced.... now as someone who only needs to level a warlock for platinum... this makes me a bit nervous.

if they introduce new trophies... will this mean I will need all the new ones to Platinum?

I've decided I will make a warlock, but later on. I will use both my hunters for a bit to get gear faster... then delete a hunter, and then make that Warlock finally....

they work like other playstation games, as in it'll be a subfolder under Destiny.

noomi

they work like other playstation games, as in it'll be a subfolder under Destiny.

Gotcha, I don't normally care too much about trophies but since I am only Warlock Mastery away from a Platinum I want to make sure I can still get it.

So in short, I will still only need Warlock Mastery to Platinum, and all new trophies will just be extra ones I can chase after if I decide?

Gotcha, I don't normally care too much about trophies but since I am only Warlock Mastery away from a Platinum I want to make sure I can still get it.

So in short, I will still only need Warlock Mastery to Platinum, and all new trophies will just be extra ones I can chase after if I decide?

Yeah you will still be able to get the platinum without having to get all TTK trophies.

phen0m24

3 sons and 1 ruthless off to gamescomm!

Yay! That would be so much fun

Post pics here, once you reach :3

Definitely

Bring back goodies for the rest of the clanmembers! :p

Have fun!

Wait DJ is Team Sexy! Yeah! :)

Our fireteam had made it past the gate. Took only 90 minutes.

I'm a defender.
Nooblet is a gunslinger.
Galavita is a sunsinger.
EJRobinson is a voidwalker.

Thanks Tears. EJ will get you something ;)

EJ brought stroopwafles. Phaeton, we're eating your share :p

Will do..

Sounds great. Have a blast, guys! :)

ive never understood the logic of keeping same character in the game, all 3 classes have there own benefits and have better chance to archive missing gears quickly.

FyreWulff

Anyone want to do PoE 32 or anything?

My plus expires in 3 days, and I'm just gonna switch to PS3 Destiny until Taken King's release. Would like to get some 42 boots for my lock to get my last character to 34 so that I can just do matchmaking on PS3 afterwards. There's no real point to paying for Plus if people are refreshing themselves for TTK anyway, so I might as well just play PS3tiny.

PSN: Fyre_Wulff (and obviously the same screenname for any PS3 guardians out there)

The good news is the best Destiny content currently available is in the vanilla game (Vault of Glass raid) and you have lots of good natured people in this community who can help you fill out the 6 person fire team needed for the raid.

Just do the main story stuff, strikes, play Crucible if you enjoy PvP and see how you like it. If you reach Lv26-28 then you are high enough level to check out the raid. Feel free to ask lots of newbie questions here, DGAF is full of knowledgable and friendly folks.

Press centre pad, go to roster of platers, move over guys with red bar next to their name and report them for lag and cheating. If your bullets dont register they are lag switching or MTU limiting their router to be behind a few seconds...so they are not where they appear.

Ban hammers required. If all players ae green, then you cannot shoot a barn door lol

Reading this makes me wonder how many people report me just because I'm in Australia and have shitty internet. I don't endorse reporting everyone that has a red bar.

Lnkn52

Reading this makes me wonder how many people report me just because I'm in Australia and have shitty internet. I don't endorse reporting everyone that has a red bar.

Unfortunately that's what Bungie has told us to do. I report just for Bad Connection, but sometimes I add in Cheating.

noomi

My shader envy here is record-setting. Do you have the Trials armor set to model?

I do, I can post up some pics later for ya :D

I must respond with my 3/4 FWC shaders!

Do it! I do think some of the FWC shaders are.... weird looking though.

ive never understood the logic of keeping same character in the game, all 3 classes have there own benefits and have better chance to archive missing gears quickly.

I used to run 3 hunters. I did it for more loot chances, and easier upgrades. I would gear up one character, and then just swap the same gear between the other 2 to run raids/nightfalls x3 a week. It also made leveling and gearing my main very quick and easy.

Now I have 2 hunters and 1 titan, and one of those hunters will soon be replaced by a Warlock :D

It's not my fault our internet infrastructure is made out of tin cans and string :(

You don't have to worry about being punished unfairly. They check reported players against their own information to see if frequently reported players are actually manipulating network speeds. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe they can tell the difference between someone who is laggy due to bad connection and someone who is cheating with lag switching.

Recall

The good news is the best Destiny content currently available is in the vanilla game (Vault of Glass raid) and you have lots of good natured people in this community who can help you fill out the 6 person fire team needed for the raid.

Just do the main story stuff, strikes, play Crucible if you enjoy PvP and see how you like it. If you reach Lv26-28 then you are high enough level to check out the raid. Feel free to ask lots of newbie questions here, DGAF is full of knowledgable and friendly folks.

some fun times ahead, some hardships as you're non DLC, Just play, have fun and don't grind too hard because everything is changing September 15th with TTK

Thanks and don't worry if I have any questions I'll be dropping by :) I always enjoy these massive co-op games yet always just play by myself, Toukiden, Diablo 3 and now Destiny

Namikaze1

So from comments I've been reading on the Internet from those who played destiny at Gamescom, Hammer super is a bit OP.

All I could say is good. My inner Thor is ready to hammer fools.

Skele7on

Banned
You don't have to worry about being punished unfairly. They check reported players against their own information to see if frequently reported players are actually manipulating network speeds. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe they can tell the difference between someone who is laggy due to bad connection and someone who is cheating with lag switching.

Which leads me to think that those netduma devices may flag...

As how they work is by setting your own speeds to combat the lag compensation stuff.

If triplewreck gets banned I'll laugh.

nOoblet16

We queued up for overwatch and then one of the staff came over and asked if there was a team of 4, we were 4 so we ended up cutting about 20 people. Then we went to Destiny's booth and the queue was huge, completely looping around the booth, we couldn't find where it started. At one point people starting coming out of the exit so we thought it was where we had to queue up...a while later we realised we cut ovehalf of the queue lol !!

Because the people behind us didn't cover up the gap as they were sitting on their chairs and talking and didn't even notice us joining in :p

Lucky day.

PuMa

We queued up for overwatch and then one of the staff came over and asked if there was a team of 4, we were 4 so we ended up cutting about 20 people. Then we went to Destiny's booth and the queue was huge, completely looping around the booth, we couldn't find where it started. At one point people starting coming out of the exit so we thought it was where we had to queue up...a while later we realised we cut ovehalf of the queue lol !!

Because the people behind us didn't cover up the gap as they were sitting on their chairs and talking and didn't even notice us joining in :p

Lucky day.

Hahah. The accidental stealth line cut. I love it.

nOoblet16

Scratch that I think we cut more than half, less than 10 minutes and we are already quite near the entrance and this game has wait times exceeding an hour.

Top Bottom