• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

ocean

Banned
In a month the NF rotation will include the current 7 strikes + Dust Palace and Undying Mind (Boners will join our pain) + 3 new Strikes. Going from 5 at launch to 12 in a month should seriously cut down on the tedious repetition of the burn schedule. Coupled with new modifiers, NFs should feel fresh for a long time.

Also since everyone will have all the DLC we should see Crucible playlists with a ton more variety. Since everyone who owns TK also needs to own HoW and TDB fragmentation won't be a problem. 8 new maps? So good.

New Raid (bigger than VoG), new arena activities, more Exotics than Vanilla launched with (that was 20 weapons + 18 armor), new Patrol, ghost skins, unified Mark currency,

Im not even gonna bother buying other games this fall.

Tjamato88

Ugh maybe it's just me but I'm not a huge fan of Skirmish. I really liked Control though.

Also I'm discovering I really like Patrol missions. When I first was playing I totally blew them off but they make finishing bounties really easy.

rNilla

Can't believe this many people are this hyped for the Weekly Update.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hypenaught.png

Honestly the Carthage one is cool, although I'd probably stick with God of War if I was going to be that red. Nineveh is the only one that really makes me oof.

I remember you had one of the New Monarchy shaders that looked really slick, don't remember the name. I've never gotten a NM shader but I did get an emblem yesterday which looks nice.

26 ranks on New Monarchy and not one shader, might be worst than Dead Orbit.
I'm 30 ranks on New Monarchy and I still don't have a single shader. I only have God of War, which is a Cryptarch shader that looks like a New Monarchy shader for those that don't know.
Can't believe this many people are this hyped for the Weekly Update.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Once again, that image is VERY hurtful. (►˛◄’!)

E92 M3

I'm not expecting today's BWU to be anything special (hope to be proven wrong). I bet they will just direct us to their marketing partners for more EXCITING information on TEETEEKAY.

ich00

This is really important.

Can someone PM me when they announce whether to bother upgrading my legendary items pre-expansion. I have etheric light and loads of other upgrade materials but don't know whether to use them or keep them.

I'm a casual player so I don't get loads of time to grind for them.

I suspect the latter but please do PM me if they announce anything!

Thanks DGaf.

Here's my advice: assend the weapons you use the most and you think will be helpful in TTK. That's my approach, especially with elemental primaries. Until I find something better I'll be using my standards.

oh fuck for how long?

4 Hours or so.

The Destiny art book is real nice - they even have stuff that's being used now for TTK.

More content on disc that they're finally giving us!
kappa

noomi

I'm not expecting today's BWU to be anything special (hope to be proven wrong). I bet they will just direct us to their marketing partners for more EXCITING information on TEETEEKAY.

I think cozmo stayed behind at HQ though? Maybe he will have some nice info for us?

E92 M3

I think cozmo stayed behind at HQ though? Maybe he will have some nice info for us?

Realistically, I'm just hoping for some dates on the next updates and such. They just can't talk about too much because Game Informer has the scoop.

GutZ31

4 hours, until noon PST/3 pm EST.

As long as we can fire up this NM VoG in the next 45ish it shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully we can find 2 more people soon, although we could do it with only 4-5 folks.

I can get on and fill a spot if you guys need to start soon

amar212

Blacksmith. We're not inside yet, still in the queue but we're next.

You're not too far away. Come join us :)

Yeah, Balcksmith - EVEN BETTER!

Ask for an extra code, I will pay in Australian Dollars!

And yeah, from your perspective I am not far ;) But at this point I am at the seaside and Germany is so dammmn far :) Also, half of Germany is currently on vacation in Croatia, so I am doing my part in keeping them away from your queue in Cologne :)))

deadduck

I need a blacksmith shader! @ejrobinson90

Come to think of it, anyone know if the Redbull codes are coming to the uk before TTK?

I've just played against a warlock on skirmish who had 4x supers before the 5 minutes remaining call!!

He was using bad juju which will count for some. But in the same time my max intellect Titan got 1 super. When me and this other guy had equal points. Wtf was going on?

It's fun at Queuecom ;)
Liked playing Overwatch on the PC, seems like a fun game. I guess 5 more mins before we can play TTK.

Would love a Blacksmith shader, too.

Also, a question while you play: Open up your inventory if you get the chance. Is there light on the weapons or armor? I'm really curious how they're going to convert light to XP.

ocean

Banned
I've just played against a warlock on skirmish who had 4x supers before the 5 minutes remaining call!!

He was using bad juju which will count for some. But in the same time my max intellect Titan got 1 super. When me and this other guy had equal points. Wtf was going on?
He probably had a good perk combo going.

Bad Juju does wonders for your Super. If you build a loadout with an Ashes to Asset (edit: Quintessence Transfer for Warlocks) helm, your grenades refill your Super. Couple that with Nothing Manacles which give you 2 nades + Innervation (orbs feed your grenade), and maybe a secondary/heavy with Army of One and you get great synergy going. Or stuff like Serpent's Tail, Serpent's Mouth etc, play around :)

Few players dig into the RPG aspects of the game because they're rather limited but there are a few super cool perk combos that let you specialize in one or a few key play styles for fun. It's a shooter first and foremost so these things stay in the background. A super good player will always win, even if he's got all white gear. But it can definitely be super fun, if not terribly game-changing, to play with perks that complement each other.

Skele7on

Banned
We heard it from the E3 gameplay vids.

My favorite was a message for a 4-person super kill, the announcer says "Look at them fall!" super dramatically :p sounded pretty cool.
Sorry for double post

It's been 100 years since E3. :p I'll dig up an old video and have a look, as for the opening cinematics and the first mission leak, I'll be not watching them as I want surprises on the 15th

hey folks,

I avoided Destiny because

A) i didn't like the ridiculous stories I heard from a friend and the internet regarding the RNG grind that the game evolves to
B) the lack of matchmaking for things such as raids. My schedule doesn't lend itself to trying to get people together so I never cared for games that do not offer some sort of random matchmaking option

Now I'm hearing that TTK seems to at least alleviate the first issue. So, is now the time to jump in? I believe the $60 TTK retail disc contains all the expansions and the base game right?

E92 M3

hey folks,

I avoided Destiny because

A) i didn't like the ridiculous stories I heard from a friend and the internet regarding the RNG grind that the game evolves to
B) the lack of matchmaking for things such as raids. My schedule doesn't lend itself to trying to get people together so I never cared for games that do not offer some sort of random matchmaking option

Now I'm hearing that TTK seems to at least alleviate the first issue. So, is now the time to jump in? I believe the $60 TTK retail disc contains all the expansions and the base game right?

Best time to jump in with the retail release. You will also get a free character boost.

Top Bottom