• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

noomi

Much better! Thanks! You could just deleted Noomi and put me over there.

You'd like that wouldn't you. You can't get rid of me, I'm like a lingering disease!

https://youtu.be/HbQE5aJ1keY?t=401

At 6:40

Also lol at that Hammer Time medal during Sunbreaker super

Man! I'm so pumped to try out the golden hammer, in a video I saw earlier the guy that was throwing the golden hammer was only doing like 50% dmg to players, planet destiny was all 1 shot kills :eek:

Apparently there is a Deej interview coming up in 10:

http://au.ign.com/events/gamescom

Thank you for posting this, I would have had no idea otherwise. Will watch!

Get hype everyone. Not a bad thing to say about TKK.

Blacksmith get.
TKK tshirt get.
Red bull get.

:)

We watched the first story mission.

We played mayhem.

We won 8k to 4k. EJ stole our kills.

I was sunbreaker.
EJ was stormcaller.
Nooblet and Gala were nightstalkers.

Titan and Warlock too OP. Bungie pls nerf ;)

Will post impressions and spoilers later.

Carn82

hey folks,

I avoided Destiny because

A) i didn't like the ridiculous stories I heard from a friend and the internet regarding the RNG grind that the game evolves to
B) the lack of matchmaking for things such as raids. My schedule doesn't lend itself to trying to get people together so I never cared for games that do not offer some sort of random matchmaking option

Now I'm hearing that TTK seems to at least alleviate the first issue. So, is now the time to jump in? I believe the $60 TTK retail disc contains all the expansions and the base game right?

Yes, but I would wait a bit. We don't know what the effects of the 'improved' RNG stuff will be, and if the new economy works.

But still, in my opinion it isn't a single player game, and the raids / endgame content are a big part of it, I personally would have a hard time recommending the game to people if they probably are not going to see that content

Skele7on

Banned
hey folks,

I avoided Destiny because

A) i didn't like the ridiculous stories I heard from a friend and the internet regarding the RNG grind that the game evolves to
B) the lack of matchmaking for things such as raids. My schedule doesn't lend itself to trying to get people together so I never cared for games that do not offer some sort of random matchmaking option

Now I'm hearing that TTK seems to at least alleviate the first issue. So, is now the time to jump in? I believe the $60 TTK retail disc contains all the expansions and the base game right?

Welcome. Yes our beloved RNG is somewhat going ( the leveling side anyway)

The second issue, isn't an issue,
we have been here nearly a year and made it through the year with no matchmaking,

once you've played a raid ect you'll realize that actually they're would not that great if matchmade.

Your best option is indeed the $60 dollar version, buying from PS Store now gives you a chance to jump straight in, like NOW NOW (well after today's maintenance window anyway.

Then once TTK launches you can then play day one with a semi leveled character and the free one player boost

so you could essentially get two classes up to a playable level for TTK by the 15th.

Blacksmith get.
TKK tshirt get.
Red bull get.

We played mayhem.

I was sunbreaker.
EJ was stormcaller.

Nice!! That's so awesome. Maybe next year's Bungie events I'll make it every effort to attend haha

E92 M3

Blacksmith get.
TKK tshirt get.
Red bull get.

We played mayhem.

I was sunbreaker.
EJ was stormcaller.

Lol they might take you seriously ;) Nothing more fun than being OP in a video game.

Left to right

Nooblet, Galavita, EJRobinson, DeathJr.

fHdZ4g3.jpg

deadduck

I want to know more about this character boost. My subclasses need major work on xb1 version.

Deej said on Twitch this morning to one guy with two hunters that he should delete one and create a Warlock, the game comes with ONE boost to take that player to the level required to play TKK

Carn82

Can you pick up the Year One emblem already? Decided to load up the game real quick, but looks like it's not available yet.

The achievements emblem?

The emblem – Laurea Prima, will be granted to Guardians who complete the following tasks before September 9 and will be awarded to them come the launch of The Taken King. After that date, the emblem will be unattainable for everyone.

I guess it unlocks when TTK launches.My guess its the same for the 'regular' Year 1 rewards

Skele7on

Banned
Whats this about a new game mode? I can't watch the videos and the article is terrible at explaining what they're talking about.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08...nt page)&utm_content=1&utm_campaign=Spotlight

Something called the Court of Oryx.

what do you mean?

there's Rift, overcharge (something to do with supers being crazy quick to recharge) and zone control (it's control but only holding zones score points not kills)

Court of Oryx.It's like prison of eldars just for TTK

Carn82

Deej said on Twitch this morning to one guy with two hunters that he should delete one and create a Warlock, the game comes with ONE boost to take that player to the level required to play TKK

yeah, but that will reset a lot of reputation. If you really want to check out some new content (like playing through the campaign again); its probably easier to register a new account.

It's not going to level your subclasses for you

Ahh just to level 20 then I imagine. That makes sense since they'd have to manually exclude the new 3rd subclass. I hear about this in MMOs like Wow but I never really played them much to understand.

Deku Tree

Dead Orbit bounties leading to Dead Orbit rewards! Takes a lot of the guessing out of your rewards! OMG. Plz no more RNG.

"Taking the guess work out of what should I go and do next in Destiny!"

Carn82

what do you mean?

there's Rift, overcharge (something to do with supers being crazy quick to recharge) and zone control (it's control but only holding zones score points not kills)

Court of Oryx.It's like prison of eldars just for TTK

I thinkit's mayhem (not overcharge)?

Also, I believe the GI piece referenced 'a new arena', so yeah, sounds CoO = a new PoE.

Deku Tree

King's fall is "the biggest raid that we have ever created"

The Dreadnought is a "huge destination".

Not talking about difficulty levels of the Raid at this time.

Light is still crucial to your survival, but it does not affect your reaching level 40. Light affects "how powerful you are" and "how powerful your weapons are".

Deku Tree

With the boost consumable you are ready to jump into the taken king, do not have to play any year 1 missions. Not talking about the exact affect of the boost consumable. In fact they may be still refining it. You can pick up the boost consumable in the tower.

TTK has a lot more specific pathways to advancement, as opposed to having to keep grinding raids and relying on RNG.

If you love your Fatebringer, use it in normalized Crucible, Use it in Patrols, Use it in the old Raids. LOLZ

I think I died 4x as many times as anyone else on that NM VoG. It was all in the name of science, I promise! GG everyone, always a good time.

ocean

Banned
No offense to Deej, but I much prefer listening to Luke in interviews...
Well tbf Luke probably has a lot more leeway when discussing the game. I'm sure a huge part of the "don't answer anything about ______" decisions come from him. Deej has to be very mindful of not revealing stuff he's not supposed to, whereas Luke is directly discussing his creation. Deej is doing his job correctly by being vague and all PRish because that's what he's paid to do.

Top Bottom