• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

One more, from OverWatch.

aceKJv7.jpg

Namikaze1

Nearly 1 year in and people still asking for raid matchmaking. At this point, why even bother asking a question you already know the answer to.

Deku Tree

Deej just said "we don't want you to keep using your Gjallarhorn." They want us to use the new weapons.

"Destiny shouldn't be Gjallarhorn simulator 4.0."

Hey Deej, then stop giving us bullet sponges who only feel tickled with any other weapon!

Lol topped the leaderboard with the Stormcaller, 18-5 in Mayhem.
There were no damage indicators next to the gun, instead it just said 34 light
Also to the people asking about the shader: unfortunately you only get one per person.

PuMa

Yeah, well, hearing from actual developers is always preferred. Don't understand why Deej gets so much hate though.

Yeah, I definitely don't dislike him. It's just not as refreshing hearing the PR-speak.

Well tbf Luke probably has a lot more leeway when discussing the game. I'm sure a huge part of the "don't answer anything about ______" decisions come from him. Deej has to be very mindful of not revealing stuff he's not supposed to, whereas Luke is directly discussing his creation. Deej is doing his job correctly by being vague and all PRish because that's what he's paid to do.

True, but I think personality-wise, he's also just very likable.

LiK

Yeah, well, hearing from actual developers is always preferred. Don't understand why Deej gets so much hate though.

I don't like the way he writes the Weekly Updates and I also don't like that he avoids this community even tho we're super dedicated and active. Even Urk and Luke have posted more than him in here.

also, his Triumph card sucks.

Deku Tree

Before the game launches Deej promises a walkthrough of the Tower to explain "all the new systems that will enable you to hold on to the things that you love". "A full tactical briefing".

lt519

That was a pretty cool map, people getting picked off mid air though coming across, like a shooting gallery for campers.

noomi

Before the game launches Deej promises a walkthrough of the Tower to explain "all the new systems that will enable you to hold on to the things that you love". "A full tactical briefing".

Online storage, it has to be. You store items in a separate vault that is not in-game. When you want to use these items, you grab them from this other vault.

Please be true, PLEASE!

I wonder if that's it for the answer to Cosmo's post on old guns, "you can still use them in the vault"

Not that I'm bothered but please just post answers not vague insinuations

ocean

Banned
Nearly 1 year in and people still asking for raid matchmaking. At this point, why even bother asking a question you already know the answer to.
Space Battles (you think that was all for loading screens lol)
16 man public events against mind controlling space dragons
Story missions with flying , 3-man vehicles
A conclusion to the Stranger story arc
Raid matchmaking
A clan panel in the UI where you can LFG among your mates
Dedicated PvP servers
Custom Crucible games with private matches
Leaderboards at the Tower
Statues built in honor of each World First raid clear team
Weather patterns for some snow or rain covered terrain
Dynamic enemy spawns so Strikes and missions don't have the exact same enemies in the exact same positions on the exact same timers and movement patters each of the 10 million times you play them
Firing range where you can test out perks in the Tower or Reef

And last but not least...

An even more graphically impressive beach ball (just a rumor, can't confirm this is happening)

All of this is coming in 2.0.1.

#believe

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Online storage, it has to be. You store items in a separate vault that is not in-game. When you want to use these items, you grab them from this other vault.

Please be true, PLEASE!
Would be huge for me. I have really enjoyed collecting guns in this game for its own sake

bachikarn

I have t been able to keep up with the new info. Is it true that all the Year 1 grades aren't going to be upgradable and thus useless?

Oh yay another Destiny thread over in gaming with gems such as

"I think they're releasing expansions too fast."

"Too few enemy types"

"I don't care what the reasoning for it is, there should be a matchmaking option. It's ludicrous that the destiny is on its 27th thread because such a glaring flaw hasn't been addressed."

Happy Thursday!

edit: for the record i think there are probably few enemy types for the type of grindfest Destiny is but I feel like there is still a lot of variety with the races and types under them.

Hedera

Interesting interview, nothing really new though I don't think. I must admit I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the changes so it's nice to hear we're getting a tour of how all of the stuff they've been talking about is going to work before TTK releases.

Left to right

Nooblet, Galavita, EJRobinson, DeathJr.

fHdZ4g3.jpg
So fucking cool. Enjoy guys!

noomi

Would be huge for me. I have really enjoyed collecting guns in this game for its own sake

Me too man, it's really kind of a deal breaker for me. I really don't want to dismantle any of the old weapons. They are my digital trophies, and I want to keep them...forever. Even if they are useless later on in the game.

I hope Bungie does right by us, and reveals a system that will allow us to keep these items.

Honestly even if I had to pay monthly for online storage just to keep these weapons, I would. That's how much they mean to me....

Deej said he likes spray and pray for Crucible. Please don't listen to him Bungie :D

This ain't no CoD yo!

How do I get the Blacksmith shader? :(

1. Ebay, pay $100's of dollars for it
2. Build time machine, go back one year and pre-order CoD:AW or buy off ebay for $1 like me :p
3. Get your butt to gamescon
4. Beg Ruthless for his shader

PuMa

Oh yay another Destiny thread over in gaming with gems such as

"I think they're releasing expansions too fast."

"Too few enemy types"

"I don't care what the reasoning for it is, there should be a matchmaking option. It's ludicrous that the destiny is on its 27th thread because such a glaring flaw hasn't been addressed."

Happy Thursday!

LOL. Yep. That's why I stay well clear of those threads.

mJu1DOhfm1EzK.gif

LiK

No. No one should preorder call of duty for any reason. It needs to go away for a long time. I can't stand the yearly release for massive profits.

it's a good game. you should play it. I still play them every year but I no longer preorder them.

Namikaze1

Please don't make the raid gear look like crap. Please don't make the raid gear look like crap. Please don't make the raid gear look like crap.

It's gonna be crappy isn't it?

Top Bottom