• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

noomi

it's a good game. you should play it. I still play them every year but I no longer preorder them.

I play them on PC here and there, I'm a BIG fan of the zombie mode. Also... every once in a while I just like some quick mindless shooting. Guilty....

Skele7on

Banned
Gaming side threads of "Destiny problems"

Matchmaking
Grinding for levels
Grinding Gear/Weapons leveling
LOL the story /s what story.
Barebones
DID YOU KNOW ONE GUY BEAT CROTA

E92 M3

Me too man, it's really kind of a deal breaker for me. I really don't want to dismantle any of the old weapons. They are my digital trophies, and I want to keep them...forever. Even if they are useless later on in the game.

I hope Bungie does right by us, and reveals a system that will allow us to keep these items.

Honestly even if I had to pay monthly for online storage just to keep these weapons, I would. That's how much they mean to me....

This ain't no CoD yo!

1. Ebay, pay $100's of dollars for it
2. Build time machine, go back one year and pre-order CoD:AW or buy off ebay for $1 like me :p
3. Get your butt to gamescon
4. Beg Ruthless for his shader

I would GLADLY give Bungie $5 a month for Bungie Pro to store all my stuff and other extra features not needed for majority of the community.

GIVE ME BUNGIE PRO.

Kyoufu

Do you guys know if I buy the Legendary Edition from UK, will I be able to use my current characters even though they were created and played on the US version of the game?

It shouldn't matter right?

Skele7on

Banned
Do you guys know if I buy the Legendary Edition from UK, will I be able to use my current characters even though they were created and played on the US version of the game?

It shouldn't matter right?

it's account not region based as long as you play on same account.

Left to right

Nooblet, Galavita, EJRobinson, DeathJr.

fHdZ4g3.jpg

oooh it's always nice to put a face to a name. Have fun! ヾ(・ω・o)

Hedera

Please don't make the raid gear look like crap. Please don't make the raid gear look like crap. Please don't make the raid gear look like crap.

It's gonna be crappy isn't it?
I've been really digging the way gear looks and the colors from what has been shown so I'm very hopeful. I just hope it's not hive inspired this time.

Space Battles (you think that was all for loading screens lol)
16 man public events against mind controlling space dragons
Story missions with flying , 3-man vehicles
A conclusion to the Stranger story arc
Raid matchmaking
A clan panel in the UI where you can LFG among your mates
Dedicated PvP servers
Custom Crucible games with private matches
Leaderboards at the Tower
Statues built in honor of each World First raid clear team
Weather patterns for some snow or rain covered terrain
Dynamic enemy spawns so Strikes and missions don't have the exact same enemies in the exact same positions on the exact same timers and movement patters each of the 10 million times you play them
Firing range where you can test out perks in the Tower or Reef

And last but not least...

An even more graphically impressive beach ball (just a rumor, can't confirm this is happening)

All of this is coming in 2.0.1.

#believe

I feel like any major systemic changes cant or wont be possible until they move out of cros gen support

Destiny 2 should be great I hope

ocean

Banned
No. No one should preorder call of duty for any reason. It needs to go away for a long time. I can't stand the yearly release for massive profits.
It makes massive profit because millions of people like it. She's often wrong but Rand was right in asserting that "Wealth, in a free market, is achieved by a free, general, democratic vote---by the sales and the purchases of every individual."

CoD being an annualized cash cow isn't something you can pin on shady Activision. It's 100% the result of market feedback and revealed preferences, which overwhelmingly state pretty loud and clear that they want this game every year - and they do so by buying the game every year.

I say this as someone who's never played a CoD game but this rationale applies to any massively produced product which achieves success - whether it's Bieber or Assassin's Creed or Mission Impossible 78.

ethomaz

Banned
man that newbie raid filled up fast.
They missed u <3

Off topic. I read today the CoD eSports is moving to PS4... that means more players will be PS4 to play FPS... that is cool for the grow of the community and FPS players in general for PS4.... I guess that can affect Destiny on that platform too.

todd360

It makes massive profit because millions of people like it. She's often wrong but Rand was right in asserting that "Wealth, in a free market, is achieved by a free, general, democratic vote---by the sales and the purchases of every individual."

CoD being an annualized cash cow isn't something you can pin on shady Activision. It's 100% the result of market feedback and revealed preferences, which overwhelmingly state pretty loud and clear that they want this game every year - and they do so by buying the game every year.

I say this as someone who's never played a CoD game but this rationale applies to any massively produced product which achieves success - whether it's Bieber or Assassin's Creed or Mission Impossible 78.

They ruined the franchise. I don't care what the free market thinks about it. Bobby kotick is bathing in our money as we speak.

X-Frame

Namikaze1

"DGAF is just people looking for PoE buddies 99% of the time"

I'm fucking dying here. This is so not true. Yes, people still looking for PoE buddies but not as much as during the first 3 weeks after HoW launched. In fact, I say more have been asking to raid or for Trials than anything PoE related. Hell, several gave up doing PoE after a while (I'm one of them)

todd360

I'm fucking dying here. This is so not true. Yes, people still looking for PoE buddies but not as much as during the first 3 weeks after HoW launched. In fact, I say more have been asking to raid or for Trials than anything PoE related. Hell, several gave up doing PoE after a while (I'm one of them)

We should rethink that. Everyone is getting hype boots from there.

ocean

Banned
They ruined the franchise. I don't care what the free market thinks about it. Bobby kotick is bathing in our money as we speak.
I believe you. I've heard a lot of people echo similar complaints about the thing going downhill. But the thing is, Mr. Kotick is wise enough to value the feedback of tens of millions of consumers instead of disgruntled hardcore base posting on forums. As evidenced by the pool of money which said masses are showering him with to keep it up.

Damn I really feel like I'm somehow getting worse at speaking in English. Learning French sometimes leaves me looking at my posts wondering "does this even make sense?". I feel I sound like a crazy person :p

It's strange that people don't realize we would still use these OTs for LFG even if in-game Match Making existed. MM's absence isn't artificially inflating post count by much, if at all. We'd post the same stuff because we prefer to play together. Self-selecting a community of like-minded gamers is the point.

I'm glad we queued up for TTK. I'm officially hyped after seeing the first mission and playin PvP with the Stormcaller. DGAF was represented well! We just found the Horizon booth! Much hype.

rNilla

True or not, I will never understand why this matters.

It's strange that people don't realize we would still use these OTs for LFG even if in-game Match Making existed. MM's absence isn't artificially inflating post count by much, if at all. We'd post the same stuff because we prefer to play together. Self-selecting a community of like-minded gamers is the point.

Exactly. It's indicative of a healthy and active community more than anything.

nOoblet16

Went to nvidia's booth and they had much much shorter queues for Black Ops 3 and Rainbow six siege (15 mins vs 1-2 hour long queue at the official booth). So ended up playing Rainbow six..was nice.

Then we found the horizon booth and there was no apparent queue for some reason, they let us in and we are sitting on fake grass while we wait for...basically we will be the first to get in once the people inside the booth finish playing.

I guess today is lucky day as we've managed to cut most of the queue wait times and done it 4 times now lol.

ocean

Banned
For Raids, 100% agreed. I still feel the absence of MM for NFs is silly though. They're just hard enough to be a pain to solo, but simple enough that Randoms can get it done. Like Weekly Heroic.

I also really wish Daily Heroic had MM. I know that would require PS+, but they should just leave it as an option to be ran solo for those who don't have +, and give us the chance do do it more easily.

Dailies and NF you can get done in less time than it actually takes you to find someone to do them with. I'd always rather play with GAF, but knocking out a quick Daily shouldn't be something I have to make a post in the Internet for.

Seriously. Why would I play with random people? When Iv got multiple raid veterans right here.

PoE 32 tho needs MM. It's easy.

LiK

Why bother? None of them have been as good as the original modern warfare.

how would you know if you haven't played them? they've gotten better and more outrageous with every iteration. really great set pieces. MW is legendary but it has been surpassed.

but I'm not gonna get into it since it's OT here.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I believe you. I've heard a lot of people echo similar complaints about the thing going downhill. But the thing is, Mr. Kotick is wise enough to value the feedback of tens of millions of consumers instead of disgruntled hardcore base posting on forums. As evidenced by the pool of money which said masses are showering him with to keep it up.

Damn I really feel like I'm somehow getting worse at speaking in English. Learning French sometimes leaves me looking at my posts wondering "does this even make sense?". I feel I sound like a crazy person :p
You don't sound crazy at all. You have a more nuanced understanding of this topic than I usually encounter on a given day of internetsing.

Wow. Gaming side has so much salt for Destiny. Oh well, DGAF is an amazing community and the number one reason I joined GAF.

So I did 3X Crota HM last night...and it dropped two Plan C's for me. The 4th Horseman continues to elude me. I think I might work on Guardian Lord trophy tonight. Salvage is up right?

Top Bottom