• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Just had a skirmish game where a random on my team went 0-16. How is that even possible!! Surprisingly we lost despite me carrying them as much as I could. 400 points behind in the end

Gala

I can only recommend going to Gamescom with DestinyGAFfers. We are so lucky, it's ridiculous.

Took us just half an hour to get into Overwatch. Cut lines at TKK and obliterated our enemies with us at the top. Just found out that you stay in line for 15 minutes at Rainbow Six when you go to the Nvidia booth and then we found horizon with literally no line at all.

Namikaze1

Optional, toggle-able matchmaking for the Daily Heroic (and Weekly Heroic please :-/) is a fine idea.
Yes for both, especially weekly heroic. I like doing daily by my lonesome and missed doing weekly alone.

But I can see why folks want matchmaking for daily.

Deku Tree

Optional, toggle-able matchmaking for the Daily Heroic (and Weekly Heroic please :-/) is a fine idea.

The problem with the Daily is MM requires a subscription to PS+ or XBL and you can do the daily without a subscription at the moment. Sure they could change that but they may not want to do it.

LiK

Yes for both, especially weekly heroic. I like doing daily by my lonesome and missed doing weekly alone.

But I can see why folks want matchmaking for daily.

if they made it optional, it wouldn't even be an issue. not sure why everything needs to be mandatory. one of the criticisms that still stands is they force people to play the way they want them to play the game.

todd360

how would you know if you haven't played them? they've gotten better and more outrageous with every iteration. really great set pieces. MW is legendary but it has been surpassed.

but I'm not gonna get into it since it's OT here.

I have played them. Its hard not to get a chance to play them since everyone and their mother buys them and plays nothing but duty.

We find Horizon! It was hidden away at the back of Disney infinity...and we cut line again, got super lucky :)

GlanFM, Lima....if you guys are here, we are at the Horizon booth in hall 7.

I have half a dozen Rainbow Six beta codes, any takers? Will pm them later. That will work on any platform.

Tears, EJ will have some goodies for you ;)

As for blacksmith shader, it's only one per person. We are going again tomorrow, so if we get more, we'll start a raffle :p

We find Horizon! It was hidden away at the back of Disney infinity...and we cut line again, got super lucky :)

I have half a dozen Rainbow Six beta codes, any takers? Will pm them later. That will work on any platform.

As for blacksmith shader, it's only one per person. We are going again tomorrow, so if we get more, we'll start a raffle :p
I'm in for a beta code!

ocean

Banned

Rainbow Six hype! :) I'll take a code if you can spare one.

GutZ31

Rainbow 6 plz, I want.

rNilla

I'll be a THORN in your side until you die.

tumblr_nsbeyw4DI71uapkm0o1_540.gif

CHVRCHES Plays Destiny Hype!

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
THERE SHOULD BE BLIND MATCHMAKING IN DESTINY YOU IDIOT

IT'S JUST ANOTHER OPTION OPTIONS ARE ALWAYS GOOD

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT JUST DON'T USE IT

RABBLERABBLERABBLE

someone kill me

noomi

It's great out here.

Fun fact: in the Destiny queue they handed out tickets to be carried to Mercury. Wrong guy buddy XD

hah! was it random players that were handing out tickets to be carried to Mercury? That's pretty funny :p

Just had a skirmish game where a random on my team went 0-16. How is that even possible!! Surprisingly we lost despite me carrying them as much as I could. 400 points behind in the end

I get these players on my team sometimes as well, yesterday I had who went 0-15.... guy was a trooper though, even though he didn't get a single kill he stayed for the whole thing..... the whole thing lol

piratethingy

GIMME R6 plz

Liamc723

I'd love one dude!

ocean

Banned
You don't sound crazy at all. You have a more nuanced understanding of this topic than I usually encounter on a given day of internetsing.
Thanks a lot Hawk! At the end of the day, a second language never quite sticks the way your native tongue does, specially when you're in a new country and learning yet another language. As long as my posts remain coherent, all is well :p

Edit in something from your infinite stash of GIFs and pictures. You have dirt on everybody in this community stored on your media drive ;p

Already did, although I grabbed something nice for the page top. But if it's dirt you want... since we're talking about match making....

CLu7LECUYAAyqMV.jpg:large

Don't you guys hate when you use MM for Skolas and end up with as many kills as the other two players combined, with a fraction of the deaths? Adding MM for Skolas was a terrible decision Bungie! Kappa :)

Day one player here, and I think matchmaking should be available for every group activity.

I am sick and tired of using destinylfg.net to find teammates for content I have to play every single week.

GAF's response: that's why there's DestinyGAF! actually no. unlike what Gaming Side seems to think, LFG posts in Destiny |OT|s are far too uncommon to be a real replacement for destinylfg.net

LiK

MM can be used for the harder modes. Bungie just needs to add a warning note that it's not the optimal way to play. Let players deal with it themselves. I don't see the problem of adding MM or taking it out for any mode.

X-Frame

So Deej confirmed 2 Hammer of Sol hammers take down a Ward of Dawn?

Geez. WoD is still going to be a poor super in PvP.

LTWood12

Day one player here, and I think matchmaking should be available for every group activity.

I am sick and tired of using destinylfg.net to find teammates for content I have to play every single week.

GAF's response: that's why there's DestinyGAF! actually no. unlike what Gaming Side seems to think, LFG posts in Destiny |OT|s are far too uncommon to be a real replacement for destinylfg.net

I don't think anyone has a problem w/ optional matchmaking. That said, I haven't had to use LFG since probably January. There's always GAF people to play with when I'm on, but maybe I've just been lucky.

ocean

Banned
Already did, although I grabbed something nice for the page top. But if it's dirt you want... since we're talking about match making....

CLu7LECUYAAyqMV.jpg:large

Don't you guys hate when you use MM for Skolas and end up with as many kills as the other two players combined, with a fraction of the deaths? Adding MM for Skolas was a terrible decision Bungie! Kappa :)
Oh noes you've revealed the scrubtastic performance of last night! Lol I kept dying in the dumbest ways. Your 3 deaths = the 3 wipes, which says a lot :p

MM can be used for the harder modes. Bungie just needs to add a warning note that it's not the optimal way to play. Let players deal with it themselves. I don't see the problem of adding MM or taking it out for any mode.

My solution is to matchmake in teams of 3. I can find and vouch for 2 other people much more easily than 5. Then get matched against another group of 3. I think the quality of PUGs would be sufficient that way for Matchmaking.

purg3

slept with Malkin

I'll take a beta code if you still have extras

DeviantBoi

Personally, I like http://www.the100.io

I know what times I'll be playing Destiny, so I just set up games or look for available games.

Deku Tree

Luke Smith jokes around and has fun when he is interviewed.

Deej sticks to his scripted bullet points, and uses his practiced phrases that he came up with to try to seem friendly to a wide audience.

E92 M3

then don't do MM. it's for people who want to use it. I don't see it any worse than playing with LFG scrubs.

LFG scrubs are still taking on an additional effort to matchmake. MM is just one button press, which inherently requires less effort and will promote casual play through end-game activity. Unless the raids are noobified, MM will simply not work. All it would take is one troll on the team or a player with bad weapons to ruin the experience. Also, communication is important as well.

Sound like you guys are having a great time!!

I will take a R6 code if you can spare an extra!

piratethingy

then don't do MM. it's for people who want to use it. I don't see it any worse than playing with LFG scrubs.

the idea is that the added effort of going to an external site and all that vs. just clicking on your map might weed out some folk who don't understand what they're getting into.

destiny's social interactions are absolutely broken. they're terrible. some sort of lfg system in-game would be a great boon. but i don't think blind matchmaking would work at all for current end-game content.

Reminder: Try to keep the MM-discussion focused on the issues themselves, not as an excuse to talk down Gaming side or anything like that. We don't want to upset Poppa Ghaleon :)

So rad to see DGAF come together IRL. Thanks for sharing the moment.

Thought you'd appreciate this factoid: After 5 Skolas kills this week, I've seen 1 weapon drop total (out of 13 chances). Hooray!

Do we know what the process will be to upgrade exotics to max level in this expansion?

No progression details yet. Hopefully soon, maybe even the Weekly Update later today but I wouldn't count on it.

Kyoufu

Yeah. LFG randoms are real bad. They leave if they get what they needed before raid completion, so I don't see how it'd be different or worse.

E92 M3

I would still like the ability to lock characters or add a second password for logging in. Destiny is getting to the point where we need that level of protection.

Top Bottom