• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

phen0m24

Hey all I am in IGN's premier thing and can get 4 R6 Siege codes too.

Mine requires an email address though. So if 4 people who want a code trust me with their email PM it. First 4 to reply I will include. If not I understand. Heck, that may actually create more code opportunities if they get the same email I got. (It has 4 "send a code to a friend" blanks)

kiguel182

LFG scrubs are still taking on an additional effort to matchmake. MM is just one button press, which inherently requires less effort and will promote casual play through end-game activity. Unless the raids are noobified, MM will simply not work. All it would take is one troll on the team or a player with bad weapons to ruin the experience. Also, communication is important as well.

Then don't use it?

I don't get this "No matchmaking" approach. If it's optional just let people choose if they want to use it or not.

People on that topic saying that Heroic is almost impossible to do with randoms just proves that since, for example, I have no issue doing that.

Just let people choose.

E92 M3

Then don't use it?

I don't get this "No matchmaking" approach. If it's optional just let people choose if they want to use it or not.

People on that topic saying that Heroic is almost impossible to do with randoms just proves that since, for example, I have no issue doing that.

Just let people choose.

Allowing MM will force Bungie to compromise the integrity of the raid in the long run. Not everything has to always exist.

LiK

Then don't use it?

Just let people choose.

Right, it's an option. Not saying you guys here are forced to play with MM in Hard mode. If someone tried it out and didn't like it then they can go back to old fashion LFG or whatever community they use. We have a community here so it's easy for us. But for loners or casuals, it's quite a chore to hunt for people to play with in modes without MM.

Allowing MM will force Bungie to compromise the integrity of the raid in the long run. Not everything has to always exist.

LFG already ruined the integrity with their G-Horn begging.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Mine requires an email address though. So if 4 people who want a code trust me with their email PM it. First 4 to reply I will include. If not I understand. Heck, that may actually create more code opportunities if they get the same email I got. (It has 4 "send a code to a friend" blanks)
Wooo PMing now.

Hi I just the game for Xbox one and looking to add some friends who play regularly if anyone wants to add me, that would be cool.

GT: Bloodbathnbyond

Namikaze1

Pm you!

LTWood12

Then don't use it?

Just let people choose.

People saying it wouldn't work aren't saying you shouldn't have the option. They're just saying it would be a bad experience. I haven't seen anyone say the Heroic is impossible, just that they get shitty teammates.

Sending PM.

We find Horizon! It was hidden away at the back of Disney infinity...and we cut line again, got super lucky :)

GlanFM, Lima....if you guys are here, we are at the Horizon booth in hall 7.

I have half a dozen Rainbow Six beta codes, any takers? Will pm them later. That will work on any platform.

Tears, EJ will have some goodies for you ;)

As for blacksmith shader, it's only one per person. We are going again tomorrow, so if we get more, we'll start a raffle :p

Haha, EJ has been keeping me updated on your quest for Gamescom loot, I tried to push you guys towards Final Fantasy goodies, but no such luck :p

Anyways, goodies come second, just make sure you guys get to try as many games as possible!

kiguel182

They can build the exact same raid and then just implement a finding party option.

A lot of people are already doing raids with randoms. We are a bit spoiled here since this community is pretty amazing but going to external sites is a pain and most only bring you in if you already a raid expert.

They can have warnings, good matchmaking and require a mic or something for example to force people to talk and coordinate just like you do when you play with people you don't know here or in external matchmaking sites.

Kyoufu

If anything, they could add MM for normal modes only. That way if successful groups clear normal, they can add each other and organise a hard mode run.

You guys act like raids and MM would never go together but MMOs with numerous raids have MM.

In the end, it's better to give people the option so that they can at least SEE the content than not. Not everybody is a NeoGAF/Reddit/whatever member and not everybody even knows about LFG sites.

GutZ31

I want everyone to take a minute and imagine if we had raid matchmaking when Crota hard mode went up. Just imagine it.

I was to a point that I had finally repressed the memories of this.
tumblr_lw59xrRUDU1qi3apw.gif

are you guys watching this ign Deej interview?

-Court of Oryx is a "prison of elders" like activity?

edit: I guess its not live, but its from today.

LiK

"Looking For Group" isn't this what most in this thread do? Also, you saying "LFG scrubs " sounds very elitist and putting players that do down. Idk...

when i say LFG scrubs, I mean the jackholes who think only certain weapons or types of players can play with them in Raids etc. basically the horrible people in LFG sites.

kiguel182

People saying it wouldn't work aren't saying you shouldn't have the option. They're just saying it would be a bad experience. I haven't seen anyone say the Heroic is impossible, just that they get shitty teammates.

We are talking across two threads, it's hard to keep up ahah

I mean some people are talking about the heroics like it's a nightmare to do with randoms. And that might be your experience and it's a valid one but that's why optional MM would be there, so you could just come here and play the game with people you knew were better.

I can give you my example that I never had a terrible experience with MM (sure, I had shitty teammates and I probably was a shitty teammate at times) but as a more casual player it's good to have that option since I sometimes feel like people here are too advanced for me, even if this community is pretty open and relaxed with that. Still, not everyone has DGaf.

phen0m24

OK guys I got 8 requests, and the first 4 I got will be added to the email. Hopefully you'll get the same email I got, and can keep sharing in thread. :)

For reference, Kartik was the 4th request.

LTWood12

We are talking across two threads, it's hard to keep up ahah

I mean some people are talking about the heroics like it's a nightmare to do with randoms. And that might be your experience and it's a valid one but that's why optional MM would be there, so you could just come here and play the game with people you knew were better.

I can give you my example that I never had a terrible experience with MM (sure, I had shitty teammates and I probably was a shitty teammate at times) but as a more casual player it's good to have that option since I sometimes feel like people here are too advanced for me, even if this community is pretty open and relaxed with that. Still, not everyone has DGaf.

It's never a nightmare because the strikes themselves are easy.

Destiny servers are online yet... I'm playing and I could use the Destiny's site to transfer items.

The issue is with the Tower app not being able to deal with Bungie's site API anymore.
Huh, guess it's rolling maintenence then? I got the servers down message and was booted back to the main menu minutes before I posted that.

noomi

kiguel182

It's never a nightmare because the strikes themselves are easy.

The NF isn't that hard with 3 max-level players either. And, more important, doesn't require communication so you can do it with randoms just as well as you can with people here or anywhere that will also be, essentially, randoms.

GutZ31

"Looking For Group" isn't this what most in this thread do? Also, you saying "LFG scrubs " sounds very elitist and putting players that do down. Idk...

I think you just showed up to a thread full of scrubs, calling each other scrubs, calling others scrubs, and think the scrubs calling others scrubs is elitist.

E92 M3

They can build the exact same raid and then just implement a finding party option.

A lot of people are already doing raids with randoms. We are a bit spoiled here since this community is pretty amazing but going to external sites is a pain and most only bring you in if you already a raid expert.

They can have warnings, good matchmaking and require a mic or something for example to force people to talk and coordinate just like you do when you play with people you don't know here or in external matchmaking sites.

As I mentioned earlier, the effort required to LFG manually is significantly more than pressing a button for MM. Therefore, the experience will be inherently better for people that LFG. Of course that is not true 100% of time, but majority of time LFG would be better.

ethomaz

Banned
Huh, guess it's rolling maintenence then? I got the servers down message and was booted back to the main menu minutes before I posted that.
I was booted few minutes ago way after I post my message :(

My point is that Bungie changed the site and the Tower App is not working anymore... I made tests and the Bungie's site is working fine (I can transfer items/weapons).

I will wait a new Tower Ghost app be released... I'm using the 2.9.1.

Tjamato88

Deej said on Twitch this morning to one guy with two hunters that he should delete one and create a Warlock, the game comes with ONE boost to take that player to the level required to play TKK

Does each character get one? Or does it work on all your characters?

I only have a Hunter but will totally start a new character if I can level them up to play TTK.

kiguel182

As I mentioned earlier, the effort required to LFG manually is significantly more than pressing a button for MM. Therefore, the experience will be inherently better for people that LFG. Of course that is not true 100% of time, but majority of time LFG would be better.

It might be better sure but that's why it's optional.

And when a new or less skilled player goes to a LFG website and sees a ton of posts like "must have Ghorn, or have x Grimoire" it doesn't seem like the best way to experience the game either.

And maybe for raids a LFG option inside the game would be better but the point is the current situation is far from ideal.

Namikaze1

I think you just showed up to a thread full of scrubs, calling each other scrubs, calling others scrubs, and think the scrubs calling others scrubs is elitist.
Look at this scrub with his bearded avatar...

:p
Why can't we have space beards?!?! T.T

Arrrammis

Does each character get one? Or does it work on all your characters?

I only have a Hunter but will totally start a new character if I can level them up to play TTK.
From what I understand, you get one boost item per account. It will work for any of your characters, but you can only use it once.

Skele7on

Banned
Firstly MM raids would have to be diluted like the raids in WoW ones were.

Half the issue with these then matchmade parties would be you'd have to disable party chat. which would then force 6 strangers to talk to each other and give the possibility of them fighting and bitching about each other for hours, which would then destroy the fun time no toxic players vibe that bungie wanted with this game from the start.

Thirdly back to point one a bit if they had to then change the raid dynamics to suit match making it would shun the very people that have stood by this game from day one, we have all been through a lot and although yes they want to cater for the new, the main aim I can see is them keeping us fully invested, by making wishy washy raids will hardly keep us around after the no raid situation from last time...

But shit, what do I know, I've only have a playtime of about a month....

Top Bottom