• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

I was booted few minutes ago way after I post my message :(

My point is that Bungie changed the site and the Tower App is not working anymore... I made tests and the Bungie's site is working fine (I can transfer items/weapons).

I will wait a new Tower Ghost app be released... I'm using the 2.9.1.

Is it working for you now? Everything always goes off for me during maintenance. At the moment sign is disabled on the app and web

nOoblet16

They can build the exact same raid and then just implement a finding party option.

A lot of people are already doing raids with randoms. We are a bit spoiled here since this community is pretty amazing but going to external sites is a pain and most only bring you in if you already a raid expert.

They can have warnings, good matchmaking and require a mic or something for example to force people to talk and coordinate just like you do when you play with people you don't know here or in external matchmaking sites.

They cannot because playing in a MM game people have no commitment, they leave all the time. Even when you play with randoms from LGF it's a different experience as everyone that comes in wants to play and finish it (most of the time) unless try get some important stuff immediately in real life. It works for strikes because they are short.

There's the other issue that people don't have mics and won't use em. For raids that are new it becomes an issue if more than one person isn't talking and with LFG people are more open to talk.

Look at this scrub with his bearded avatar...

:p
Why can't we have space beards?!?! T.T
Space beards would interfere with the hermetic seal at the neckline of guardian armor. Or so I assume, based on why my friend told me he had to shave his earth beard when he became a firefighter.

Or perhaps that was the first thing the vex screwed with when they started time travelling; removing space beard genes from human history.

I think you just showed up to a thread full of scrubs, calling each other scrubs, calling others scrubs, and think the scrubs calling others scrubs is elitist.

Lol :) was created by design and encouraged by Bungie. Not everyone playing Destiny has found a nice community like Dgaf unfortunately.

It's strange that people don't realize we would still use these OTs for LFG even if in-game Match Making existed. MM's absence isn't artificially inflating post count by much, if at all. We'd post the same stuff because we prefer to play together. Self-selecting a community of like-minded gamers is the point.

It's even stranger to me that people are jealous because a community is so active and happy (which is all that really is).

LTWood12

Watched that IGN interview. From what Deej says, it sounds like light level (determined by your gear) is still actually what affects your ability to complete certain encounters. They've just separated out the 'level-up' mechanic to be less confusing for people.

Translation, a level 40 player w/ a total light level of 30 would be worse off than a level 20 character w/ light level 34 gear. Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but it kind of makes sense.

LiK

Watched that IGN interview. From what Deej says, it sounds like light level (determined by your gear) is still actually what affects your ability to complete certain encounters. They've just separated out the 'level-up' mechanic to be less confusing for people.

Translation, a level 40 player w/ a total light level of 30 would be worse off than a level 20 character w/ light level 34 gear. Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but it kind of makes sense.

Basically Light is like a buff?

kiguel182

They cannot because playing in a MM game people have no commitment, they leave all the time. Even when you play with randoms from LGF it's a different experience as everyone that comes in wants to play and finish it (most of the time) unless try get some important stuff immediately in real life. It works for strikes because they are short.

There's the other issue that people don't have mics and won't use em. For raids that are new it becomes an issue if more than one person isn't talking and with LFG people are more open to talk.

People who would do MM would also want to finish the raid. But I get that but that's why it's optional and Bungie could have systems in place to try and minimise that. It would still be optional in the end.

Honestly, if you are against MM I don't think I can chance your mind so there's no point in talking in circles. I think optional MM could be great, mostly for NF and POE but it could also work with the Raid.

In the end, I have DGaf and the awesome people here so I'll probably always have people to play but regardless I think MM should be a thing for at least everything but the raids but even those I think it could work.

Kyoufu

So basically, Light Level = Item Level.

LTWood12

Basically Light is like a buff?

More like it's exactly how it is now, but they've changed the semantics and presentation of it. The # by your name will be the level you've hit through earning xp. But the # that actually counts is still coming from your gear.

They hate us cuz they anus

They're just peanut butter and jealous!

I understand the frustration around having to go to an outside source to find people to raid, but...we have freaking DGAF RIGHT HERE! This amazing community with people who are always willing to help other people do something in this game.

GutZ31

Operation Desk Reconstruction is a go.
This pleases me.
keep-calm-and-dont-break-it-1.png

ocean

Banned
If, and that's a big if, they ever implement matchmaking, make it optional and only for normal mode.
Optional is a must. Preferably an option offered 1-2 months after release of each new Raid / difficulty level.

Tbf, as long as those two are met (optional + some time for people to learn it or see it or read about it), nobody loses. It'd basically be LFG without going to a website and without the asshole "must have _____" reqs.

Tighter AFK detection and a same-level requirement (entering 3 levels below is fine for pre made groups willing to carry; you must be at the level of the activity for MM) would eliminate the worst of potential mishaps.

Whatever, I don't care much either way. Never been to LFG, probably would never use this. But it'd open the best content in the game to tons of people. And at GAF well still always have each other. Everyone wins :)

So will light level still determine if you do more or less damage than an enemy. For example if you are level 39 and light level 38 going against a level 39 enemy will you do full damage or only 68%?

kiguel182

So will light level still determine if you do more or less damage than an enemy. For example if you are level 39 and light level 38 going against a level 39 enemy will you do full damage or only 68%?

No. It means that item will do more damage than another item.

I think it will work more like a simple way to compare gear.

No. It means that item will do more damage than another item.

I think it will work more like a simple way to compare gear.

OK that is what I hope it is because otherwise nothing will have changed. It makes sense though if they just say light 35 armor and weapons as opposed to relatively meaningless numbers like 365 attack and 402 armor.

Destiny's getting to me. Tried four times yesterday to finally get a Her Benevolence. Her Mercy, Payment VI, Her Mercy, Her Courtesy. So then I thought "well maybe Xur will be selling Bones of Eao tomorrow or something" and when I woke up I was like "wow, no one's even talking about him, must be really bad today". So then I realized it's Thursday.

Also looks like I overslept and might have missed some Blacksmith shader giveaways. Oh well.

Kyoufu

Destiny's getting to me. Tried four times yesterday to finally get a Her Benevolence. Her Mercy, Payment VI, Her Mercy, Her Courtesy. So then I thought "well maybe Xur will be selling Bones of Eao tomorrow or something" and when I woke up I was like "wow, no one's even talking about him, must be really bad today". So then I realized it's Thursday.

Also looks like I overslept and might have missed some Blacksmith shader giveaways. Oh well.

Nope, no shaders were given away.

kiguel182

Man, every interview about TTK gets me more hyped. I need to tone it down a notch. The new footage in the Deej interview also looked great. That Suros weapon looks gorgeous.

OK that is what I hope it is because otherwise nothing will have changed. It makes sense though if they just say light 35 armor and weapons as opposed to relatively meaningless numbers like 365 attack and 402 armor.

That was my understanding. It's an helpful and easy way to see if you are properly equipped before doing an activity.

kiguel182

Just found out thanks to the other thread that you could buy 2 etheric lights from IB. I only bought one and played a ton to get to level 5.

I'm an idiot is what I'm saying.

LTWood12

Two questions:

How hard is it to get a second cable outlet made 'hot' in my home. Comcast said they can't come out for two weeks!

Secondly, if I buy a second wireless router for that outlet, can it be a separate wireless network?

The problem I'm having is my comcast wireless router is on the lower level and doesn't reach very well to my bedroom on the main level. And upstairs there's almost no reception. I'm wanting to have a strong signal all over the house.

Man, every interview about TTK gets me more hyped. I need to tone it down a notch. The new footage in the Deej interview also looked great. That Suros weapon looks gorgeous.

Yeah. I'm excited for TTK but my expectations are tempered nonetheless. Bungie has a record, a very recent one, of over-promise and under-deliver.

kiguel182

Two questions:

How hard is it to get a second cable outlet made 'hot' in my home. Comcast said they can't come out for two weeks!

Secondly, if I buy a second wireless router for that outlet, can it be a separate wireless network?

The problem I'm having is my comcast wireless router is on the lower level and doesn't reach very well to my bedroom on the main level. And upstairs there's almost no reception. I'm wanting to have a strong signal all over the house.

Can't answer the first but the second is yes. You can create how many networks you want in your router settings.

I would also recommend Powerline adapters to extend your network. They are easy to setup and should work just fine.

LiK

Two questions:

Don't you have a repeater? Or use a power line adapter.

Top Bottom