• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Wait wait wait

I thought with the Ethernet AC plug things there was still wiring you had to do. So you are saying I can just buy two, plug my router into one, then plug the other adapter in a different room and it just works???

Yup

Its a wall plug (you stil need an ethernet cable from the plug to the router and from the plug to the system)

It just uses the home electrical wiring to pass the signal man. Its piss simple

Basically to appease complaints from players who couldn't reach max lvl the old way. Seems like an illusion of being maxed lvl since regular gear is not as good as gear with light at the same lvl.

I mean this is how it works in every other loot game.

You have to grind for loot, not for levels.

Homeboyd

People can easily lie on LFG about what they actually have. I respect your view on it, but still think it's the same results as MM. Also , MM gives people who otherwise wouldn't a chance to at least do the activity. Especially for things like the NF which there is no reason why it shouldn't have MM at this point. And if its optional for all events where is the harm?
"Boot from party" exists in that scenario you described about people lying. Also, re: "what harm" etc: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174418392&postcount=89

X-Frame

Court of Oryx sounds awesome. Sort of like Cursed Chests in Diablo 3.

We better be able to have 6 person Patrol fireteams then.

Only 90s kids will understand this. He he he hahahahahahahahaha
DCfFbMv.jpg

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ok so would this work?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S6DBGJM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I plug one into the current rounter via ethernet. Upstairs, I plug the other in and it extends the wifi range? Or do I actually have to buy ANOTHER wireless router to then plug into that second adapter?
It just makes the wires in the wall work like a Ethernet cable. If you want to extend the wifi you also need a new router and put it in like if it was a Ethernet outlet

I mean this is how it works in every other loot game.

You have to grind for loot, not for levels.

So Im guessing there are stat modifiers (damage done/taken) based on the level difference and LIGHT lvl is a separate buffing stat?

interesting. At the same time you get the same issue of wanting a maximium light buff but I am guess youll be able to modify your light level more freely among all your gear slots to preserve variety

Maybe thats where the sacifice mechanic comes into play

I've tried these before and they sucked. But I wasn't using a Powerline one. Are those the best ones?

They work pretty well with mine. Plug one in near your router and then the other in the room you want the internet to connect to. Then just plug ethernet cords into each, one from your router, one into your PS4.

LinksysPLEK500_(7).jpg

Namikaze1

Should give GZ a playthrough during Destiny's downtime since you can finish it in under an hour. Can also go back and play through multiple routes.
First playthrough took 6 hours. Six freaking hours.

And all because I wanted to scout the area
and because I kept getting caught.

MrDaravon

Oh my god we have been running million mile long Ethernet cables for years, we live in an apartment and I thought you needed some wiring to set that up. This is sorcery.

I need to sit down. Thank you DGAF, I know what I'm getting next paycheck.

rNilla

It just makes the wires in the wall work like a Ethernet cable. If you want to extend the wifi you also need a new router and put it in like if it was a Ethernet outlet

The one he linked also acts as a wireless extender so he wouldn't need another router.

GutZ31

Ok so would this work?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S6DBGJM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I plug one into the current rounter via ethernet. Upstairs, I plug the other in and it extends the wifi range? Or do I actually have to buy ANOTHER wireless router to then plug into that second adapter?

That turns your power lines into a half speed(at best) Ethernet cable without having to actually run feet of wire.
You will need a "wifi extender" if you wish to use wifi in an area of your house that your router has poor signal still. Otherwise, using the power line adaptor is optimal to plug up one device indirectly to your router.

kiguel182

Ok so would this work?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009WG6K66/?tag=neogaf0e-20

edit:

linked the correct adapter

That adapter already has the wifi router in it so you only need that.

Some adapters only extend lan, in that case you would need a router.

LiK

Ok so would this work?

edit:

I never used the wifi ones. I just use the regular ones with Ethernet cables.

For example, I split up the one with a switcher in my bedroom and it works fine with my other gadgets.

But that one you linked looks fine.

"Boot from party" exists in that scenario you described about people lying. Also, re: "what harm" etc: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174418392&postcount=89

Booting someone from the party makes you that mean 4th grader then. As far as the pool party analogy, yes, assholes exist on the internet, we okay games like this knowing that as a fact. I still okay crucible even though people enjoy teabagging my ghost though. Putting up an "matchmaking will not produce optimal team results. Engage at your own peril" notice would be enough to warn people imo.

phen0m24

Ok so would this work?

edit:

Luke I recommended the one without the wifi adapter built in as an early set I bought with that feature built in kinda overheated.

They may be better now though.

I was under the assumption you already had another router or extender laying around, too. I'm a nerdgeekdork and assume everyone else is as well sometimes.

Tl:dr what you linked to should work :)
But there's a newer model $13 cheaper bro

Homeboyd

Booting someone from the party makes you that mean 4th grader then. As far as the pool party analogy, yes, assholes exist on the internet, we okay games like this knowing that as a fact. I still okay crucible even though people enjoy teabagging my ghost though. Putting up an "matchmaking will not produce optimal team results. Engage at your own peril" notice would be enough to warn people imo.
In your opinion, yes. But not in mine and not in Bungie's.

PuMa

Luke I recommended the one without the wifi adapter built in as an early set I bought with that feature built in kinda overheated.

They may be better now though.

I was under the assumption you already had another router or extender laying around, too. I'm a nerdgeekdork and assume everyone else is as well sometimes.

Tl:dr what you linked to should work :)

Hello fellow nerdgeekdork

nOoblet16

People who would do MM would also want to finish the raid. But I get that but that's why it's optional and Bungie could have systems in place to try and minimise that. It would still be optional in the end.

Honestly, if you are against MM I don't think I can chance your mind so there's no point in talking in circles. I think optional MM could be great, mostly for NF and POE but it could also work with the Raid.

In the end, I have DGaf and the awesome people here so I'll probably always have people to play but regardless I think MM should be a thing for at least everything but the raids but even those I think it could work.

I strongly disagree. Just the fact that if you leave then someone else would join your game mtakes the committment away. Whenever I plat crucible alone I quit even at the smallest reason (like wanting to post on GAF and reply to something)...but when I play with a group I don't do that.

The entire notion of checkpoints throws away any commitment even more when you have matchmaking. People leaving after checkpoint would be something we'd talk about.

Bottom line? The level of commitment just cannot be compared.

I am not against matcaking as a whole but I am against matchmaking on certain game odes/difficulty. I for one would never want matchmaking in trials for example. Having it as an option forgameplay.e would mean Bungie has to structure their game around it and it most definitely would lead to streamlining the gameplay.

Top Bottom