• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

I'm trying so hard not to watch that campaign mission... must.... be....strong

Same. I haven't watched anything except the video with who should be Nolan North. It was like 3 minutes of hype.

Oh and Luke's interview with Gi, and DeeJ interview from IGN earlier today. That's all!

Nothing really spoilery so far.

It might have been the enemies' skill level but the Nightstalker super didn't seem to useful to me. I got slowed once and just shot the guy who casted it.
Then I stole three kills with one lightning burst, as expected from me
Depends on the situation. It's a support super.

But I'm going with you were playing against some pretty poor players.

phen0m24

It might have been the enemies' skill level but the Nightstalker super didn't seem to useful to me. I got slowed once and just shot the guy who casted it.
Now is kill stealing "pulling a Blaze" or is that not getting a kill?

I'm asking for a friend

I might be alone on this but I just realized I've yet to purchase a tablet, ever. I usually bring my laptop around but I think more and more lately, a tablet would be more convenient.

I want that Gi issue still.

noomi

If you watch it you can no longer be the face of the Hypenaught.

Everyone's talking about it, it's so hard haha.

I will be strong! I WILL RESIST

Same. I haven't watched anything except the video with who should be Nolan North. It was like 3 minutes of hype.

Oh and Luke's interview with Gi, and DeeJ interview from IGN earlier today. That's all!

Nothing really spoilery so far.

Yeah, same here. Which I actually really enjoyed the GI video from yesterday, I wanted him to keep going though :p

Daemul

It's a PvE super, no one should be using it over Bladedancer or even Gunslinger in PvP.

So you're saying it's a kill stealer.

Yes it is, lightning burst OP.

Depends on the situation. It's a support super.

But I'm going with you were playing against some pretty poor players.

They were pretty bad yes. Nobody on their team had a 2.0 K/D or higher. We trashed them pretty hard so we had to leave while another group was still playing.

Now is kill stealing "pulling a Blaze" or is that not getting a kill?

I'm asking for a friend

Pulling a Blaze is having zero kills in a match. Kill stealing is just Blaze's nature.

KxoZz

Too bad there's still no really good warlock subclass for PvP. Stormcaller has low range and you move so slow it makes you really vunerable.

Golden Gun and Arc Blade are still the best.

How were the maps and the new weapons?

Too bad there's still no really good warlock subclass for PvP. Stormcaller has low range and you move so slow it makes you really vunerable.

Yeah that's what I keeping seeing in vids of it. Die really easily. Looks damn cool tho.

Ahh is each NS super just 2 arrows? Hmm

Immobile opponents/many orbs =might be worth it

won't matter if you get an orb drop for each player captured.
wanna try that tomorrow or so
What I'm saying is that in the scenario you described, you use 2 supers to tether an entire team and then a 3rd to kill them. The more believable and likely more beneficial scenario is that you all use golden gun or blade dancer one after the other and wreck a team multiple times. More orbs that way, too.

Basically, it's the difference between using a super to trap a group and using a super to kill a group.

Daemul

Sunsinger is by far the best Warlock subclass for PvP, Voidwalker is only good for Blink but is outclassed by Bladedancer so it's pointless to use it and Stormcaller looks squishy as fuck, you ain't lasting long with it.

yes! and a sweet t-shirt that's too big for me and a free red bull

got supered by it a few times, it's like weight of darkness x20 and you die if you get directly hit by the arrow.
It's really only useful if you're pvping with friends
Was it a red bull with the Destiny code?

KxoZz

I played on that map with the catapult-portal things. Forgot the name. Everything seemed to play out on one side of the map.
All the weapons we were given were kinda mediocre legendaries. My shotgun didn't even oneshot most of the time. The handcannon sucked major balls.
Didn't remember the names of any though >_<

Also, Heavy Ammo is super-useless in Mayhem
no-brainer

Daemul

I played on that map with the catapult-portal things. Forgot the name. Everything seemed to play out on one side of the map.
All the weapons we were given were kinda mediocre legendaries. My shotgun didn't even oneshot most of the time. The handcannon sucked major balls.

no-brainer

The weapons you were using are said to have many of the weapon balance changes coming with 2.0.0 implemented, so you most likely got a taste of what PvP is going to be like soon.

nOoblet16

Yeah that's what I keeping seeing in vids of it. Die really easily. Looks damn cool tho.
They were both pretty shit.
The handcanon felt like a side arm, sniper was too slow and the scope was weird (which is not really a problem because it can be changed)

Uh voidwalker is a top PvP class due to blink, Nova bomb, axion bolt/scatter grenade and lifr steal/surge.

I have a feeling that for PvP the short range teleport is going to be necessary for anyone using stormcaller.

Ikkarus

Bungie have kind of made it known the new hunter class is more PVE orientated than Bladedancer and Gunslinger.

As expected you stole the kills but at least you own up to it. ;)

bitsurugi

Left to right

Nooblet, Galavita, EJRobinson, DeathJr.

fHdZ4g3.jpg

Haha, Ruthless, you stole my T shirt! Altho mine is a little bit smaller ^^

Also: EJ, i thought you were older, from your voice i immagined you different,... but then again, isn't it for everybody? :)

Hope you guys are having a good time!

no-brainer

I really liked the Suros pulse rifle to be honest. Got a 5-killstreak with it in Mayhem. Felt like a two burst headshot kill every time. Map looked somewhat like the Breach (where you start the game) with a lot of platforms. Saw at least 5 times "..." is down.

Slight weapon damage and loot spoiler, don't know if this was already known (probably is but spoiler tagged to be sure):
Interestingly, there was no 400 something damage behind the weapons but they had a light level. Also, among the green junk the guy found in the first mission was a ghost shell.

Mindlog

Anyone know what the Trials rewards are this weekend for Titan, hunter and Warlock? Can´t access destiny at the moment.
The Reddit weekly reset threads are a great resource for everything.
Stats on the helmets.
Hunter - 115 Disc Light The Blade // Ashes To Asset // Invigoration
Warlock - 61 Disc // 66 Str Serpent's Mouth // Quintessence Transfer // Invigoration
Titan - 66 Int // 58 Disc Impact Induction // Quintessence Transfer // Infusion

What we know is, there are kiosks showing all shaders and emblems we've earned. Unknown if there is anything for gear.
Really hope that isn't the extent of the vault changes they have been pretty vague about. Shaders and emblems not taking up space is nice, but I need guns, lots of guns. I want to open my vault and have it look like the white room in the matrix.

Top Bottom