• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

LTWood12

Luke I recommended the one without the wifi adapter built in as an early set I bought with that feature built in kinda overheated.

They may be better now though.

I was under the assumption you already had another router or extender laying around, too. I'm a nerdgeekdork and assume everyone else is as well sometimes.

Tl:dr what you linked to should work :)
But there's a newer model $13 cheaper bro

Thanks buddy. Care to link the newer one, or give me the model #?

I need one w/ wifi because it's for a Fire TV stick. Despite having plenty of consoles capable of streaming, my wife prefers the clean look of just having the tv w/ the stick plugged into the back.

KxoZz

Played some TTK PvP today at gamescom. Played as Warlock
master race
. Stormcaller Super i found kind of meh.
But holy shit, the new warlock meelee has insane range, like about twice the range of the other subclasses. I was meeleeing guys from miles away.

Also first thing to happen was an error code lol

Kyoufu

master race
But holy shit, the new warlock meelee has insane range, like about twice the range of the other subclasses. I was meeleeing guys from miles away.

But did you get a Blacksmith shader? That's all that matters!

master race

Did you see the Hunter super in action?

todd360

So is this the 2.0 update? Cuz that would be nice

How were handcannons?

KeClYsw.jpg

Edit: I thought you were at gamescom! Bah

I hope we get something to do in game before TTK comes out ala house of wolves chests. Right now besides PVP there isn't much that is worth doing.

GutZ31

I strongly disagree. Just the fact that if you leave then someone else would join your game mtakes the committment away. Whenever I plat crucible alone I quit even at the smallest reason (like wanting to post on GAF and reply to something)...but when I play with a group I don't do that.

The entire notion of checkpoints throws away any commitment even more when you have matchmaking. People leaving after checkpoint would be something we'd talk about.

Bottom line? The level of commitment just cannot be compared.

I am not against matcaking but I am against matchmaking on certain game odes/difficulty. I for one would never want matchmaking in trials for example.

This Is what it comes down to.

In Destiny's current form, matchmaking completely takes away the means to launch by yourself, or with a smaller number than max.
If they don't add a separate functioning button dedicated to matchmaking, it would be the worst move for raids.
This is not a top down shooter where the full map can be seen.
This is not a third person mmo with a huge FOV.

Everything you do and don't do has consequences in a raid, and everyone needs to be held accountable.
I think hawk had the right idea of just having a in game way of LFG where you can make a lobby of sorts with a title, and once it's filled up with people that meet the criteria needed to enter the lobby, the party is launched into the activity, like almost every other Mmo.

Assuming maintenance finishes roughly on time, is anyone up for a normal difficulty Vault raid? Me and my brother are hoping to do it for the first time tonight if we could get into a group.

phen0m24

yes! and a sweet t-shirt that's too big for me and a free red bull

got supered by it a few times, it's like weight of darkness x20 and you die if you get directly hit by the arrow.
It's really only useful if you're pvping with friends

Holy crap

Team of 6

5 Night stalkers

6th as a Hunter (naturally)

"Yeah we have the other team weighed down go get em"

KxoZz

Also got a look at the first campaign mission that takes place on Phobos.
Don't know if there is a video of it out - haven't been keepong up lately. But it looks amazing. Much more than just "go here, defend this, while ghost opens this, repeat".

Some decent enemy variety aswell. Fire-spewing taken-knights, anti-shotgun plalanxes with shields that shoot energy beams.

Don't know if there is a video of it out - haven't been keepong up lately. But it looks amazing. Much more than just "go here, defend this, while ghost opens this, repeat".

Some decent enemy variety aswell. Fire-spewing taken-knights, anti-shotgun plalanxes with shields that shoot energy beams.
Yeah someone leaked it yesterday.

There is a perk to increase its duration.
Also, expect an Exotic armor to specifically buff nightstalker abilitys
We also have smoke grenades now.

Lnkn52

Was Nolan North as the Ghost heard in that preview?

kiguel182

With all the hype about TTK there's one thing that kinda bothers me and it's the amount of new Strikes.

The original game didn't had a ton but I was expecting the expansion to at least have the same amount of strikes as the base game. It is my only disappointment so far since a big part of what I do in Destiny are strikes.

Lnkn52

With all the hype about TTK there's one thing that kinda bothers me and it's the amount of new Strikes.

The original game didn't had a ton but I was expecting the expansion to at least have the same amount of strikes as the base game. It is my only disappointment so far since a big part of what I do in Destiny are strikes.
Quality over Quantity. Let's just wait for the expansion to release.

Lee

3/4 brand new plus 3 reworked.

As an Xbox One player I think I get 5 or 6 brand new right?

Yo. Want to get a VoG Raid Team going. Want to start as soon as servers come back.

VoG Normal
1. TheWorthyEdge
2. Booya_Base
3. JaqcueMonkey2
4. LasagnaForOne
5. Chur
6. aanxxious

God the Nightstalker subclass looks awesome for pve and pretty good support class for pvp.

The new void fireish grenade locks nice for cutting off paths.

The vanilla nightstalker melee(smoke grenade) will be similar to the Wizards sphere of darkness, with a perk to allow for DoT like the wizard.

I am partial to proximity though.
Yep. The DoT reminds me of Thorn. Looks nice for finished off enemies.

It might have been the enemies' skill level but the Nightstalker super didn't seem to useful to me. I got slowed once and just shot the guy who casted it.
Then I stole three kills with one lightning burst, as expected from me

Lnkn52

It might have been the enemies' skill level but the Nightstalker super didn't seem to useful to me. I got slowed once and just shot the guy who casted it.
Then I stole three kills with one lightning burst, as expected from me
So you're saying it's a kill stealer.

Top edit :
Just remember who the OG and posers are. We've been here since inception. We are DGAF!

Top Bottom