• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Haha, Ruthless, you stole my T shirt! Altho mine is a little bit smaller ^^

Also: EJ, i thought you were older, from your voice i immagined you different,... but then again, isn't it for everybody? :)

Hope you guys are having a good time!

I'm 24 years old, I just look like 15 to skip some queues ;)
I can definitely say that my first Gamescom was an awesome experience with these DGAFers. Also it was not too crowded and I don't think we waited more than an hour on any game. We saw a good presentation of Horizon and played some fun games like Overwatch and Rainbow Siege.

Unstable

Alright, "Operation Desk", henceforth refereed to as "Operation Skele7on" has reach the stage "Functional".

Hmm, Destiny is still offline. Someone tell me what to do with my free time. I'm lost.

Daemul

Uh voidwalker is a top PvP class due to blink, Nova bomb, axion bolt/scatter grenade and lifr steal/surge.

tumblr_n7zzpd30aZ1qzdfwko1_400.gif

Eh, in regular 6v6 crucible it's pretty good, but in 3v3 or anything serious like sweaties you should be using Sunsinger.

GhaleonEB

Really hope that isn't the extent of the vault changes they have been pretty vague about. Shaders and emblems not taking up space is nice, but I need guns, lots of guns. I want to open my vault and have it look like the white room in the matrix.
That's the extent that I'm expecting, for now. They've said in recent interviews that a longer term solution is in the works, but they're hitting technical hurdles. I'm guessing the solution will be a separate vault / kiosk for the overflow.

Alright, "Operation Desk", henceforth refereed to as "Operation Skele7on" has reach the stage "Functional".

Hmm, Destiny is still offline. Someone tell me what to do with my free time. I'm lost.

Love the stream mate, fantasticmrtrout is my PSN name and in the chat on your stream.

You could answer some questions here maybe? :)

Do you use a normal PS4 controller or a specially made one like the Scuf controller?

X-Frame

I hope the new shader/emblem kiosk is retroactive and has any emblem or shader I ever received. I can't imagine it not working like that though, but who knows.

noomi

I hope the new shader/emblem kiosk is retroactive and has any emblem or shader I ever received. I can't imagine it not working like that though, but who knows.

Same here... there's been some shader I deleted because I wanted to keep extra space in my vault :/

I'm just curious to know if you unlock a shader will it unlock for all of your characters at once....

Unstable

Love the stream mate, fantasticmrtrout is my PSN name and in the chat on your stream.

You could answer some questions here maybe? :)

Do you use a normal PS4 controller or a specially made one like the Scuf controller?
Just a normal one. Well, several actually. With the abuse I put my DS4s through I go through them pretty quickly. I think I'm on my sixth? Maybe seventh, I've lost count at this point.

I've ordered the Hori FPS Pad. Hopefully I'll end up liking it.

Deku Tree

I would love that but I majorly doubt it. Not sure that Bungie has a record of all of your old drops laying around.

I deleted all of my copies of chatter white a while back and now I regret it but I don't want to run VoG NM to get another one or just for a shader anyway.

Yo. Want to get a VoG Raid Team going. Want to start as soon as servers come back.

VoG Normal
1. TheWorthyEdge
2. Booya_Base
3. JaqcueMonkey2
4. LasagnaForOne
5. Chur
6. aanx10uss

And we have a team! Once servers go online join on me. Everyone send FRs to TheWorthyEdge on PSN and we will do this!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I need to buy 2? You say to plug in a router or extender into the second one. So the powerline doesn't extend the network on it's own?
I'm not sure if anyone really adequately explained this for you, but just to clarify:

If you use powerline adapters, you're effectively moving from a wireless to a wired network altogether. You plug an ethernet cord into the router, and into each device you want on the network. The other end of each ethernet cord goes into the adapter, which plugs into a power outlet. At this point you can straight-up turn wifi off altogether if you want. So there's no "extending the network," you're creating a new "wired" network.

Frenden

Banned
I've kept at least one of every shader I've received hoping for something like this.

That said, I've deleted emblems. Something had to give. Wish I still had a few of them for this new system.

nOoblet16

tumblr_n7zzpd30aZ1qzdfwko1_400.gif

Eh, in regular 6v6 crucible it's pretty good, but in 3v3 or anything serious like sweaties you should be using Sunsinger.
And that changes what of what I said ?

Your gif makes it look like you disagree with me but you pretty much said what I said. And even with something serious I'd far prefer voidwalker, the reason being radiance becomes so situational that it's useless for me (in trials it's hilariously bad because I revive snipe them all the time and it's so predictable when they will be using it), and I don't really believe in using the sub class for just the grenades.

What exactly about sunsinger makes it better than voidwalker that you would consider it crap (again judging by the gif)

Sorry for the OT but if anyone is interested in two Warhammer Vermintide beta codes for the PC, just PM me and they'll be yours.

Edit - one code left, sent you a PM Teasing Pink

It might have been the enemies' skill level but the Nightstalker super didn't seem to useful to me. I got slowed once and just shot the guy who casted it.
Then I stole three kills with one lightning burst, as expected from me

What is the lightning burst like? Is it sustained over time, or one big blast? Like a Nova Bomb? I just can't picture it yet . . .

phen0m24

Operation coffee mug

I'm not sure if anyone really adequately explained this for you, but just to clarify:

If you use powerline adapters, you're effectively moving from a wireless to a wired network altogether. You plug an ethernet cord into the router, and into each device you want on the network. The other end of each ethernet cord goes into the adapter, which plugs into a power outlet. At this point you can straight-up turn wifi off altogether if you want. So there's no "extending the network," you're creating a new "wired" network.

Not with the adapter he's purchasing though Hawk. The second adapter has wifi built in. ;)

nOoblet16

Haha, Ruthless, you stole my T shirt! Altho mine is a little bit smaller ^^

Also: EJ, i thought you were older, from your voice i immagined you different,... but then again, isn't it for everybody? :)

Hope you guys are having a good time!
He is older than me, he just looks young.

What is the lightning burst like? Is it sustained over time, or one big blast? Like a Nova Bomb? I just can't picture it yet . . .

You float around and can burst a lightning beam at an enemy. The burst seems to last for a bit so you can direct it quickly to someone else. Got a triple kill with one burst. I think you can get 4-5 bursts out until the meter depletes. You can also burst it from above.

Anastasis

I really liked the Suros pulse rifle to be honest. Got a 5-killstreak with it in Mayhem. Felt like a two burst headshot kill every time. Map looked somewhat like the Breach (where you start the game) with a lot of platforms. Saw at least 5 times "..." is down.

Slight weapon damage and loot spoiler, don't know if this was already known (probably is but spoiler tagged to be sure):
Interestingly, there was no 400 something damage behind the weapons but they had a light level. Also, among the green junk the guy found in the first mission was a ghost shell.

Quick question based on the spoiler:
What light level and color was the gun?

Thanks!

Mindlog

It's D-GAF boss! D-GAF.
Funny to me damn it.
Just a normal one. Well, several actually. With the abuse I put my DS4s through I go through them pretty quickly. I think I'm on my sixth? Maybe seventh, I've lost count at this point.

I've ordered the Hori FPS Pad. Hopefully I'll end up liking it.
Would enjoy reading your impressions. I hear about worn out pads from most streamers.

What to do while waiting for maintenance to end?
That's easy. Desk stress testing.

Quick question based on the spoiler:
What light level and color was the gun?

Thanks!

It was a legendary white-red colored Suros pulse rifle that two burst headshotted every enemy. Light level was 34. We had access to a Hakke Hand Cannon (which was pretty slow) Pulse Rifle, Auto Rifle, an Arc sniper, a solar fusion rifle, a shotgun, a Suros Rocket Launcher and a machine gun I didn't care to check out.

Deku Tree

I think a lot of people on gaming side who decided that Destiny sucked sometime last fall and liking what they are seeing from Destiny recently and that is the reason for all of this renewed discussion of the game on the gaming side.

I think a lot of people on gaming side who decided that Destiny sucked sometime last fall and liking what they are seeing from Destiny recently and that is the reason for all of this renewed discussion of the game on the gaming side.

Destiny had such large expectations that no game could ever live up to. Its been a year and some people have realized some of the things they chastised the game for are things every freaking game does, also A LOT has been improved.

kiguel182

Destiny had such large expectations that no game could ever live up to. Its been a year and some people have realized some of the things they chastised the game for are things every freaking game does, also A LOT has been improved.

I think that's only part of the problem. Destiny at release had some big flaws that drove a lot of people away from it (I was one of them).

But they have improved and Bungie does seem to be listening and continually improving the game.

It's good that people are looking at TTK as a step in the right direction, hopefully a lot will jump in and join us here.

Top Bottom