• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Anastasis

It was a legendary white-red colored Suros pulse rifle that two burst headshotted every enemy. Light level was 34. We had access to a Hakke Hand Cannon (which was pretty slow) Pulse Rifle, Auto Rifle, an Arc sniper, a solar fusion rifle, a shotgun, a Suros Rocket Launcher and a machine gun I didn't care to check out.

Thanks!

JTripper

Given the recent info on Taken King and the different editions that include all the content, it's really a perfect opportunity for people who didn't like vanilla Destiny to give it another try.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not with the adapter he's purchasing though Hawk. The second adapter has wifi built in. ;)
so I guess I missed something, why would you do that? aren't you still bottlenecked by wifi?

edit: oh, this is meant as just a wifi range extender I guess

Fuck. I've deleted a bunch of shaders, even faction shaders. I just didn't have the room in my inventory or materials section of the vault. I thought I had to make those tough choices. So, it sure would be nice if the shaders were unlocked retroactively, though I am not optimistic.

I think a better middle ground, and a better solution going forward with or without the new shader system, would be to overhaul the faction reward system (including the Cryptarch). I know that how we interact with factions is changing, and I hope that ranking up is receiving a similar makeover. More people will definitely work toward shader completion if the most difficult to acquire shaders get any sort of change in their distribution.

Just got hold of gameinformer and it says you will be able to trade in armour/ weapon parts, motes and ammo synth for rep, which is nice as I was wondering what to do with my 3,500 hardronic essence

It looks like I only need Relic Hunter and Flawless to get Guardian Lord. Is Drizzay the man to talk to about getting a flawless run going?

Drizzay does them but if he's not about I can help out, I did one earlier in the week for a few friends

so I guess I missed something, why would you do that? aren't you still bottlenecked by wifi?

Yeah. I have the same problem. Wireless router in my living room doesn't reach my bedroom. Think I'll have to look into one of these ASAP.

ocean

Banned
Is be fine with shaders being sold after faction rep level 20 or 50 or whatever for 100 notes and 100 Strange Coins. Anything for Hanged Man and Nowhere.

But release them from the grips of RNG please :(

Ophelion

Fuck. I've deleted a bunch of shaders, even faction shaders. I just didn't have the room in my inventory or materials section of the vault. I thought I had to make those tough choices. So, it sure would be nice if the shaders were unlocked retroactively, though I am not optimistic.

I think a better middle ground, and a better solution going forward with or without the new shader system, would be to overhaul the faction reward system (including the Cryptarch). I know that how we interact with factions is changing, and I hope that ranking up is receiving a similar makeover. More people will definitely work toward shader completion if the most difficult to acquire shaders get any sort of change in their distribution.

I feel like how Queen's bounty rewards work is the best. Rank up to certain tiers, choose from the Chuck E. Cheese prizes of that level you want to buy with all the tickets you've earned. Just stagger the ranks more or something.

I think a lot of people on gaming side who decided that Destiny sucked sometime last fall and liking what they are seeing from Destiny recently and that is the reason for all of this renewed discussion of the game on the gaming side.

Wait until they buy it and have to grind 3 characters to lvl40 and max 9 subclasses, then there first exotic will drop and they'll have to max that, the hate train will start again pretty quick

I love the game but i really couldn't imagine having to level everything I currently have again

Owensboro

It looks like I only need Relic Hunter and Flawless to get Guardian Lord. Is Drizzay the man to talk to about getting a flawless run going?

I need flawless and all "guild" related trophies. Let me know if a flawless run ends up going down. (hopefully my damn finger will fully heal soon so I'm not a hindrance).

I never understood the hate for lvling things like your character, weapons, and armor.

It's part of the game. Gives you something to do. It's not even that hard with all the bounties we have now for experience.

Exotics in the update will now have their main perk unlocked already. Which is kind of whatever to me, but good for those that hate lvling things I guess.

I really wish I could take my guardians to both XB1 and PS4 platforms. Why isn't this a thing? I get that we can't play together.

couldn't they just lock out PS4 exclusive weapons?

phen0m24

The signal out of the router uses the copper cables in the house via the powerline adapter and acts as an extender, yes. The second adapter creates an additional wireless network via that signal or actually can extend i think similar to bridge mode on a router.

I never understood the hate for lvling things like your characters weapons and armor.

It's part of the game. Gives you something to do.

Exotics in the update will now have their man perk unlocked already. Which o knobs of whatever to me, but good for those that hate lvling things I guess.

For some reason a lot of people want everything and they want it now. Getting dupes early on is one thing, but I find it funny when after the very first week of a DLC release when people complain they didn't get anything or everything haha.

But I agree. As long as they don't take away progress (TDB exotic reset) then I don't mind levelling up my stuff as well. It's fun levelling up!

Part of the reason, I think, is that you need to have all the perks unlocked to be more effective in end game content and people want to play the end game content asap/right away. And I guess for a while now, there really isn't anything interesting to do anymore that helps with levelling up newly acquired items.

Daemul

And that changes what of what I said ?

Your gif makes it look like you disagree with me but you pretty much said what I said. And even with something serious I'd far prefer voidwalker, the reason being radiance becomes so situational that it's useless for me (in trials it's hilariously bad because I revive snipe them all the time and it's so predictable when they will be using it), and I don't really believe in using the sub class for just the grenades.

What exactly about sunsinger makes it better than voidwalker that you would consider it crap (again judging by the gif)

The Voidwalker isn't crap, it's just outclassed. Sunsingers have much better grenades(yes, this is very important for competitve play) due to Touch of Flame and Viking Funeral and much greater defensive capabilities with Flame Shield and Radiant Skin. Also, nobody uses self res in sweaties, ignoring the fact that you're depriving your team of valuable points they would have gotten from reviving you, radiant skin is much more valued since it makes you even more of a defensive tank when you pop your super and the best warlock players use it to deal with Bladedancers.

Voidwalkers having blink doesn't help since the Bladedancer is the superior blinking subclass due to having higher agility, with again, a superior grenade(arcbolt), superior super which can't be easily blinked through like Nova Bomb can and better class perks like quickdraw, which is an actual game changer in competitive PvP.

Everything that Voidwalker can do other classes can do better, you can get away with it in Trials and normal PvP but you'll just be heavily gimping yourself if you decide to use it against the best players. Of course, there's some very good players who can make it work, but they can make anything work, and even they would perform better if they switched to Sunsinger.

Gamescom 2015 is over for me. Really enjoyed it, it was less crowded than expected. Played Overwatch, Rainbow Siege, some indies and Destiny. Wasn't planning on playing it but I'm glad we did (plus the t-shirt and Blacksmith shader). I'm pretty much hyped now. Too bad we couldn't take a picture with the Awoken female cosplayer :(

Finally, we saw a beautiful presentation of Horizon but unfortunately it was not playable. I would've liked some time with Battlefront but the queue was already up to 3 hours.

ich00

So I just found codes for the ps3 DLC and Vanguard Armory, I think they're still good, can these still be used as an upgrade from ps3 to ps4? Even if not, can anyone use these? I have to make sure they're good when I get home, if they are good I have no use for them.

Gamescom 2015 is over for me. Really enjoyed it, it was less crowded than expected. Played Overwatch, Rainbow Siege, some indies and Destiny. Wasn't planning on playing it but I'm glad we did (plus the t-shirt and Blacksmith shader). I'm pretty much hyped now. Too bad we couldn't take a picture with the Awoken female cosplayer :(

Finally, we saw a beautiful presentation of Horizon but unfortunately it was not playable. I woulde've liked some time with Battlefront but the queue was already up to 3 hours.

For Blacksmith alone it was worth the trip.

Ummm . . . was she hot???

KxoZz

so how many Dgaffers are here at gamescom? maybe a dgaf meetup? I'm here until sunday.

not sure if this has already been mentioned or if it is already known, but the stormcaller also gets an enhanced radar when he uses an ability.
As in the radar is split into twice as many sections as usual.

Drizzay does them but if he's not about I can help out, I did one earlier in the week for a few friends

Awesome!

I don't know, but I need it too. Would be up for a run tomorrow or the weekend.

Tomorrow I'm going to be all over Trials, but this Sunday I might try and go for a flawless sometime.

I need flawless and all "guild" related trophies. Let me know if a flawless run ends up going down. (hopefully my damn finger will fully heal soon so I'm not a hindrance).

Cool. If I try and get something going it will be this weekend and I'll hit you up.

I'll join you for Flawless!

Aw yeah! Guess we just need a sherpa or two and we would be good. Maybe around 12pm CST this Sunday?

Once again, DGAF is best GAF.

Gordon

So when did anybody ever have an issue with Dinklebot? Last time I checked he was the most endearing part of this game, and he carries the tone so well.
Dry, repetitive, and monotone?
But seriously, I feel like they just recast Cortana with Sharon Stone or something because reasons.

On another note, Hopscotch is fucking insane. Allfate isn't wowing me yet. My Hopscotch has ORS1/Rodeo/Braced Frame/Rangefinder, and my Allfate has ORES/Rodeo/Braced Frame/Hidden Hand. Does it have to have Headseeker to 2SK, or just low armor targets?

Ophelion

I never understood the hate for lvling things like your characters weapons and armor.

It's part of the game. Gives you something to do. It's not even that hard with all the bounties we have now for experience.

Exotics in the update will now have their man perk unlocked already. Which o knobs of whatever to me, but good for those that hate lvling things I guess.

I think having the signature perk active when you get a weapon is a good idea, actually.

I've had to caution a lot of new players not to dismiss a gun outright when they first get it, try it out and feel like it's shit. "You've got to level it up first. To the signature perk at least before you make your decision." I always tell them. Then they make a noise that's somewhere between a sigh and a groan because they don't want to grind up a gun they currently dislike just to find out they might like it later.

And yeah, I totally get that.

FyreWulff

I really wish I could take my guardians to both XB1 and PS4 platforms. Why isn't this a thing? I get that we can't play together.

couldn't they just lock out PS4 exclusive weapons?

Microsoft generally does not allow developers to have games directly interact with Playstation or Nintendo versions of a game.

Hence why clans are via Bungie.net, it's the only way they can be cross-platform.

Square wanted to do FFIV on 360 and the One, and Microsoft wanted their platforms to be on their own servers. Square wasn't willing to split their userbase, so that's why there's only versions that crossplay on PS3, PS4, and PC.

Sony and Nintendo do not care if a game is cross-platform with other consoles.

So while Bungie.net is technically capable of having characters be cross platform.. it's not going to happen due to industry politics.

edit: Rock Band Blitz used Facebook solely to have cross platform leaderboards between 360 and PS3 as well.

edit2: Defiance also had 360/PS3 crossplay working all the way through development, and was shown at E3 having 360 and PS3 players play together, until MS kiboshed it.

Top Bottom