• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Shito

From the IGN DeeJ interview from earlier today:
Ok, so they finally caved in and decided to use the good old iLvl system of nearly every MMO out there.
I commend them for trying to fuse the level and iLvl together, but in the end it proved to be not flexible enough for the extensions they are going after.

Titan or hunter, Titan or hunter...

The hooded clock does look dapper.

welcome and hope you enjoy your time with destiny.

Titans are probably the most useful class in the late game providing some great support for your teamates. Hunters are alot of fun though.

youll enjoy whatever you choose

also dont delete the the 1st gun you pick up in the game, class item, and strangers rifle. youll regret it later. trust me

ich00

So you can reach max level without playing end game but you need to get better gear to reach a higher light amount to play the harder stuff? So what was the point of changing the leveling system? Need more info.

Instead of damage / defense numbers it'll be light? I know we've seen screen where its not 400 damage or whatever, instead its a light level. This way it keeps the light level tied to gear and actual level tied to the guardian.

Dave_6

Think I may have finally rolled my original Spear to a pretty good PvE spec. Ambush scope, Surplus, Field Scout and Final Round. Plus it's Void too.

Sound good?

anything cool after the maintenance. seems strange since they just had one last week I think. Me thinks
hopes
they added something cool

Why? My friends told me to go ahead and delete anything that isn't good.

I guess its more for collectors purposes. but these are the the only 3 things you cant get again after you delete them. I deleted a character that had hundreds of hours in it, just to get these items back

Klyka

Banned
Could I get a Crota's End normal group today?

I have never done it and would really like to see it :)

I'm on PS4, PSN is Klyka1

Homeboyd

Hunters are underestimated in PVE: they are incredibly useful for CE or PoE.
Perfect combo is to have all 3 in your fireteam. Bungie has done a great job balancing these classes. You see people constantly claiming this class is better than that class at this activity or that. I play all 3 now (after playing 3 titans for 10 months), and definitely see the benefits of all 3 classes in every activity in the game.

Axoman

26000 (due to RAM limitations of last gen)

From a pure number of bits perspective, they could raise it to 32767 and not need any more bits to represent the number.

Haha no, it's unfortunately very ugly

If you looking for people to play salvage again or any other mode (saw your post from last night), I'll probably be available. I started a hunter and have pretty much just been playing crucible to level up.

Deku Tree

Instead of damage / defense numbers it'll be light? I know we've seen screen where its not 400 damage or whatever, instead its a light level. This way it keeps the light level tied to gear and actual level tied to the guardian.

Right but in that case what is the point of being level 40 vs being level 20? Is there just going to be some arbitrary requirement that you have to be level 40 to wear your good armor again?

PuMa

Whyyyy is there a corgi cake in the Bungie kitchen?

From insta:
PhcKyvF.png

Also, minus pts for Man U shirt

ich00

Hunters are underestimated in PVE: they are incredibly useful for CE or PoE.

100% agree, they just have a slightly higher learning curve in PvE. Titan's give you that nice warm protective bubble to help out when things get hairy.

OK I need to find out if my Airbnb has WiFi and a TV. I am bringing my ps4 on vacation damnit. Even if I get to play just a few hours it'll be totally worth it. I can't miss out on at least some awesome day 1 TTK playing time.

Shito

Perfect combo is to have all 3 in your fireteam. Bungie has done a great job balancing these classes. You see people constantly claiming this class is better than that class at this activity or that. I play all 3 now (after playing 3 titans for 10 months), and definitely see the benefits of all 3 classes in every activity in the game.
Yep, and this is especially true with PoE.
I think they dropped the ball with this mode by not making it random enough (oh the irony), but its big success is showing how each class nicely complements the other two.
As much as I hate the warlock jump, having one of each class is the best way to play the game. :)

bitsurugi

Are we back online? Just got home, and need some salvage in mah life

I am at 76/100 atm, slowly seeing the goal :D

Won't be online today anymore though, RL stuff. Poke me tomorrow before Trials for some Salvage action.

PS: today weekly update or they are gona do it after Gamescom?

From the IGN DeeJ interview from earlier today:

He actually sounded pretty cagey about that first sentence. I have a feeling we will be light level 34 on Day 1 but regular level 20. Light level will be part of recommendations, because you'll need to have a defense level to survive certain encounters, but I bet that your level (which may be 20 at TK launch) will be required for unlocking things like quests or gear.

This would give a buffer over the course of Year 2 to potentially do away with Light in D2: Still Guardin'.

LTWood12

so I guess I missed something, why would you do that? aren't you still bottlenecked by wifi?

edit: oh, this is meant as just a wifi range extender I guess

Just catching up on the thread. Basically yes, I needed it to function as a wifi extender since my wife really wants to use the fire stick. Where it is in relation to the modem/router in our house, the connection goes in and out constantly.

Installed it and here's the basic results. Streamed a whole episode of 30 rock in HD w/ no drops or bad artifacting. Not quite on par w/ streaming via direct connection, but leaps and bounds better than before. Last night my wife was trying to watch Top Chef and it literally buffered for 30 seconds every 5 seconds of show. It was the last straw.

As a sidenote, before I couldn't remote play from bed prior to installing this. Download speeds at my house top out around 28mbps. On the Vita in my bedroom, I'd be lucky to get 2mbps. After installing the Powerline adaptor, the Vita is getting over 8mbps download (which for the Vita's terrible wifi is great).

I booted up one of the later levels in Trials Fusion and was able to get Silver on the first try. Could have never done that before.

All that to say, thank you GAF!

I don't find it dumpy at all (and I've seen some shows in dumps). I love it actually. You get such an intimate vibe there.

Intimate???

I'm honestly not trying to pick a fight, I just get no sense of that at shows there. There's the same widths of ground floor space and balcony space, so you can be standing at the bar and have like NO view of the act. And even from the balcony the views aren't great.

I really hate that place.

Top Bottom