• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

GutZ31

Just catching up on the thread. Basically yes, I needed it to function as a wifi extender since my wife really wants to use the fire stick. Where it is in relation to the modem/router in our house, the connection goes in and out constantly.

Installed it and here's the basic results. Streamed a whole episode of 30 rock in HD w/ no drops or bad artifacting. Not quite on par w/ streaming via direct connection, but leaps and bounds better than before. Last night my wife was trying to watch Top Chef and it literally buffered for 30 seconds every 5 seconds of show. It was the last straw.

As a sidenote, before I couldn't remote play from bed prior to installing this. Download speeds at my house top out around 28mbps. On the Vita in my bedroom, I'd be lucky to get 2mbps. After installing the Powerline adaptor, the Vita is getting over 8mbps download (which for the Vita's terrible wifi is great).

I booted up one of the later levels in Trials Fusion and was able to get Silver on the first try. Could have never done that before.

All that to say, thank you GAF!

If I knew it was going to make you use your vita more for remote play, I would have never helped!
Glad you got it working.

Namikaze1

Got scared for a second. Ash factory wasn't showing up on my character after transferring from the vault over to it via Bungie.net. Turns out I gave it to the wrong character.

LiK

Just catching up on the thread. Basically yes, I needed it to function as a wifi extender since my wife really wants to use the fire stick. Where it is in relation to the modem/router in our house, the connection goes in and out constantly.

Installed it and here's the basic results. Streamed a whole episode of 30 rock in HD w/ no drops or bad artifacting. Not quite on par w/ streaming via direct connection, but leaps and bounds better than before. Last night my wife was trying to watch Top Chef and it literally buffered for 30 seconds every 5 seconds of show. It was the last straw.

As a sidenote, before I couldn't remote play from bed prior to installing this. Download speeds at my house top out around 28mbps. On the Vita in my bedroom, I'd be lucky to get 2mbps. After installing the Powerline adaptor, the Vita is getting over 8mbps download (which for the Vita's terrible wifi is great).

I booted up one of the later levels in Trials Fusion and was able to get Silver on the first try. Could have never done that before.

All that to say, thank you GAF!

hey, I suggested the powerline adapter first :p

PuMa

Intimate???

I'm honestly not trying to pick a fight, I just get no sense of that at shows there. There's the same widths of ground floor space and balcony space, so you can be standing at the bar and have like NO view of the act. And even from the balcony the views aren't great.

I really hate that place.

Intimate, yeah. Compared to much larger venues...meh, to each their own I guess.

Can someone fill me in on changes, I haven't had time to play since a couple of months after the first expansion, I've played a bit today to get to 32 light and noticed more random events etc, reef is nice in the new expansion.

What's the main changes in the last few months and what ones are coming in TTK
There's so much stuff that's changing I'm struggling to find one link that summarizes it all but here are a few:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...of-information-about-destinys-the-taken-king/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3frkbk/game_informer_ttk_info_dump_megathread/

In terms of the last few months the quality of life improvements have revolved around lessening the grind i.e. no more damage bubbles on new armour or weapons, far less requirement for planetary mats, ability to ascend any legendary etc.

GutZ31

Got scared for a second. Ash factory wasn't showing up on my character after transferring from the vault over to it via Bungie.net. Turns out I gave it to the wrong character.

Who the hell are you?

You have this guy's name, but you clearly are not him.
I can tell because of pixels, and seeing a few shops in my days.

LTWood12

If I knew it was going to make you use your vita more for remote play, I would have never helped!
Glad you got it working.

Lol it won't make me use it for than anymore than I did previously. Just gives me another spot in the house to hang out w/ it.

hey, I suggested the powerline adapter first :p

Thanks for putting me on the right track Lik. Seriously my wife loves DGAF now because of your help.

You can have a free 7-days summer in Croatia with your girl at my family apartment.on the seaside ;)

And of course, thank you in advance if you manage to get an extra code!

Hehe thanks mate, that's so nice of you. Sadly I'm not visiting Croatia this time, but it is on my list for my next Euro trip, along with other eastern European countries and the Nordic countries.

If I want to get the Dead Ghost from the first mission (Guardian Rises), what is the easiest way to do this, considering I can't replay that mission?

If I want to get the Dead Ghost from the first mission (Guardian Rises), what is the easiest way to do this, considering I can't replay that mission?

You can just walk back there now on Patrol or during the Silent Fang mission. They removed the gate that was blocking the area where you got the Kvostov around the time that the Wolves started showing up in the world.

I'm representing clan SEXY at gamescomm ;)

tumblr_inline_nd0b38ROjL1qj0ncd.png

World of Warcraft is launching a new expansion and they're including Artifacts.

"Each specialization for each class will have their own unique Artifact...Artifacts are unique in that each one has its own upgrade tree, designed to strengthen the weapon and boost the abilities of its wielder based on their specific specialization. Those upgrades will use Artifact Power, a new currency that players will earn for completing certain challenges in Legion."

I wonder if this is kind of what Relics are?

Gordon

Whoops. I don't think it really affects anything right?
Posterity, and the starter class items are the most/only minimalist ones available, so for Titans it's just a belt instead of a tea towel on one hip. For the hunters it's a scarf/cowl thing instead of a hooded cape. For warlocks it's just a plain band with no hologram on it.
Purely aesthetic, but worthwhile as it's is a unique aesthetic. If you don't have 3 characters yet you can always roll new characters for each class that needs the item, get them to tower/get another class item and then vault the starter class items out. The starter rifle is mildly popular in PvP too, or at least it was when ARs were top dog. Stranger's Rifle is unique and pretty solid performance-wise all around, in circumstances where a level 16 gun is viable.

You might want them down the road. When I realized that all of the Titan class items are tea towels or half-kilts, I rolled a second Titan to grab the belt. I like the trimmer aesthetic, and I think people mistake me for a Hunter in PvP and get taken off-guard sometimes.

phen0m24

Thanks Colonel and all the others for helping me out. Got it set up and everything works great! Can't believe I've gone this long without it.

Awesome! Great news! As Apple mentioned earlier they can kinda get wonky if they overheat. It might not be a bad idea to turn them off at night (if they have an idle feature then win win) or every once in a while.

And props to LiK as he was fastest on the draw. :)

LTWood12

Awesome! Great news! As Apple mentioned earlier they can kinda get wonky if they overheat. It might not be a bad idea to turn them off at night (if they have an idle feature then win win) or every once in a while.

And props to LiK as he was fastest on the draw. :)

Do I turn both ends off or just the 'away' one? Actually I'm not even sure the one plugged into the router has an on/off switch.

phen0m24

Terminal 5 is the shit. Believe that is where I saw Ratatat years ago, same with a bunch of other bands.

OT RANT

I want to see twenty one pilots. They are sold out through 2016 like everywhere. DANG IT! :(

wonder if Tyler and Josh play Destiny

Edit for lt: specifically the one with the wifi built in (Upstairs one) that's the one more likely to serve as a toaster oven :)

Terminal 5 is the shit. Believe that is where I saw Ratatat years ago, same with a bunch of other bands.

Hey I saw the last non-MSG LCD Soundsystem show on my birthday there, easily the best show I've ever seen and I still hate that place.

But as was said, to each their own.

:)

Give me Bowery Ballroom any day.

Deku Tree

That ghost only became available with HoW I believe. And you couldn't get it during the first mission anyway because you didn't have double jump. And yeah play the silent fang mission.

PuMa

See my edit above for answer

EDIT: ALL CAPS RAGE EDITION

WITH ALL THESE NJ NY NYC MA GUARDIANS WHEN IS EAST COAST DESTINYCON?

Noomi
NamI
PUMA
BB
Grimlock
Kadey
Lun
IllinI guy

SERIOUSLY PPL

East Coast DGAF-CON! There are a lot more of us too. That would be quite the meetup!

ich00

See my edit above for answer

EDIT: ALL CAPS RAGE EDITION

WITH ALL THESE NJ NY NYC MA GUARDIANS WHEN IS EAST COAST DESTINYCON?

Noomi
NamI
PUMA
BB
Grimlock
Kadey
Lun
IllinI guy

SERIOUSLY PPL

HEY! Don't forget about PA!

Edit: Top of the page!

200_s.gif