• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

ich00

Me and 2 of my non gaf buddies need it, been trying to get in on a drizz run for a while but schedules never sync up

I think this a great idea for the community. You're a true hero for taking charge of this.

I still needs it!

Yes!

Alrighty, is 10pm & 11pm eastern too late for people, that's realistically the time I'd be available to start, once the kid and wife get to bed. Also what day would be best. I was thinking weekends, however could do most nights.

Alrighty, is 10pm & 11pm eastern too late for people, that's realistically the time I'd be available to start, once the kid and wife get to bed. Also what day would be best. I was thinking weekends, however could do most nights.

Typically week nights, for my crew, 12 EST would be ideal, but we could probably do 11 easily.

todd360

I'm not fig!

6fS6NBB.jpg

Jesus, I just got 2 exotics from a 28 PoE. Shame I had them both, but that's pretty rare.

...not as rare as Her Benevolence on my account apparently.

LTWood12

Ok. I'm neither Gary Sinise or President Clinton. My wedding reception was however at President Clinton's house (Clinton Presidential Library). I wholeheartedly recommend getting someone to paint the reception as it's happening. This hangs above our mantle.

Stevens_Underwood_488.JPG

edit:
Sorry Ghaleon. I get back on topic.

KxoZz

3 of us will be there again tomorrow.

We can definitely meet up. I don't know if Lima and GlamFM are coming again.

Do you have a local contact number?

Are you here on sat/sun? I'm meeting up with a couple of old friends tomorrow and we'll probably spend all day together since it's been a long time.
If you're here at the weekend I can PM you my number.

todd360

Ok. I'm neither Gary Sinise or President Clinton. My wedding reception was however at President Clinton's house (Clinton Presidential Library). I wholeheartedly recommend getting someone to paint the reception as it's happening. This hangs above our mantle.

Stevens_Underwood_488.JPG

That doesn't look accurate. Not how I remember the wedding at all.

I'd never have thought of that as an additon to the usual wedding photos, but I love that idea.

And we know the truth, you're really Lt. Dan.

Arrrammis

I had an interesting thought: what if, as a part of the next raid, Oryx has taken guardians? That would be awesome. Then I thought about how AI will almost always be easier to beat than humans, so I thought of this: What if two raid teams actually meet each other in the raid, but each group sees the other as taken(including names, enemies are seen as "taken warlock" rather than their username)? Depending on which group wins the encounter, they would be sent on different paths (defeated guardians wake in a dungeon and escape to continue on the path, victorious guardians can skip the dungeon and go directly on the new path maybe? Both get drops, one from winning the encounter and the other from escaping the dungeon). Something that wouldn't force people to have to be good at PvP to continue, but it would be a hugely unexpected in the endgame PvE mission.

I had an interesting thought: what if, as a part of the next raid, Oryx has taken guardians? That would be awesome. Then I thought about how AI will almost always be easier to beat than humans, so I thought of this: What if two raid teams actually meet each other in the raid, but each group sees the other as taken(including names, enemies are seen as "taken warlock" rather than their username)? Depending on which group wins the encounter, they would be sent on different paths (defeated guardians wake in a dungeon and escape to continue on the path, victorious guardians can skip the dungeon and go directly on the new path maybe? Both get drops, one from winning the encounter and the other from escaping the dungeon). Something that wouldn't force people to have to be good at PvP to continue, but it would be a hugely unexpected in the endgame PvE mission.

That's a fantastic idea. Holy crap if they did something like that. I've thought that it would be fun if they had an "Evolve" mode where it was one on four, but the one had some crazy buffs.

That would be awesome. I feel like it might be hard to do from a matchmaking standpoint.

Jijidasu

Quick question: is the RedBull campaign still active? I live in Japan and they seem to not be doing it here which bums me out as I wanted to try the quests. Is there any way to perhaps buy a code online or perhaps someone has a spare?

Ophelion

Dude, I really like that.

I've also thought a guardian-sized raid boss that is more mobile, but a little less durable could be interesting in general. We've had a ton of chunky bullet sponges for raid/strike bosses. Would be nice to have something different on that front.

Kind of reminds me of Dark souls.

Shito

An easier way to do something like that would be to copy the two Demon's Souls / DS2 boss fights, where an actual player can be summoned alongside the boss to help defeat another player fighting against this boss.
When no player can be found to act as the boss' minion, an IA takes its place.

Kind of reminds me of Dark souls.
*winks*

Ophelion

An easier way to do something like that would be to copy the two Demon's Souls / DS2 boss fights, where an actual player can be summoned alongside the boss to help defeat another player fighting against this boss.
When no player can be found to act as the boss' minion, an IA takes its place.

How would a player volunteer to be the evil guardian(s) in that situation? Special icon on the map after completing the raid successfully?

phen0m24

So I've forgotten states (CT, RI?, DE
la-where?
and PA.

But I've made strides to herd cats and maybe get us weirdo Destiny freaks together. I'm not organized or capable of such a thing, but t'would be rad to see you peeps IRL.

Next time I'm in Connecticut or see one of you
nuts
lovely people driving on the Parkway on the way to the beach, I'll try not to scream. ;) :p

Lol

I know nothing was gonna happen with this maintenance. But I so wanted something to happen :(

You at least made something happen with that giant Clinton headshot.

Would anyone want to do a run of Crota's End on hard mode?

I could join in with my Warlock. I ain't running no sword though. All the training I received from the School of Hawk and I still am abhorrent going up against the big guy.

KxoZz

People would kill themselves to get it over with as fast as possible. Or just spam rockets.
Something like that would be awesome though.

Top Bottom