• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

todd360

Not a bad reward
11696307_427087274164698_6376413895790125943_o.jpg

Are you doing pvp bounties math? I want in.

P44

I've hit that point in sniping where the easy gains in proficiency have been and gone, and now it's sort of a matter of consistency. Dragging that sweep shot headshot rate closer to 100%.

I'm finding that if I try and react to scope picture, I'm gash at it, but if I kind of precalculate in my head how long it would take, it works well.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
If light level still matters for attack and defense then what is the point of leveling up 20? Does it determine what gear you can actually wear?

phen0m24

I've hit that point in sniping where the easy gains in proficiency have been and gone, and now it's sort of a matter of consistency. Dragging that sweep shot headshot rate closer to 100%.

I'm finding that if I try and react to scope picture, I'm gash at it, but if I kind of precalculate in my head how long it would take, it works well.

You might need to lay that out in English for the sniping-impaired (me)

Are you here on sat/sun? I'm meeting up with a couple of old friends tomorrow and we'll probably spend all day together since it's been a long time.
If you're here at the weekend I can PM you my number.

Hey, we're only attending tomorrow. It's cool if you're with your friends, we can still meet up and say hi. We'll arrive around 9am to get in early, and probably leave by 5pm.

Namikaze1

Fuck! He didn't even touch him but still a one hit kill. Hammer hit the ground but the sunspot plus explosion killed the guy. Shit! I need this like now!

Ophelion

Stormcaller is my favorite at the moment. But going to test out all of them of course.

I want Stormcaller so badly. I have this weird connection to air/lightning elemental stuff in games and Warlock is my favorite. I want this sub-class and I want it to be excellent.

P44

You might need to lay that out in English for the sniping-impaired (me)

Heh.

Yeah, basically one way to snipe in the game is to not let your sights completely settle (the scope picture) on their heads, instead you sort of drag over their heads very quickly in a sweep motion (sweep shots). It works because the aim assist slows the reticle down as you move over the enemy, and with the bullet bending you can pretty regularly land tricky shots quickly.

Now obviously, if you're trying to drag it super quickly across you have to have a time to hit the trigger in your head. If you try and react to when your reticle is over the head, I find I miss, so instead I've taken to trying to quickly guess when my reticle will be over their head. Manage to hit body shots at worst, but about 50% headshots doing this. So, I'm practicing to try and get this more...reliable.

Namikaze1

So Bungie will be doing a livestream/video sometime over the next few weeks to show off what's different about the tower and vendors.

Ophelion

Heh.

Yeah, basically one way to snipe in the game is to not let your sights completely settle (the scope picture) on their heads, instead you sort of drag over their heads very quickly in a sweep motion (sweep shots). It works because the aim assist slows the reticle down as you move over the enemy, and with the bullet bending you can pretty regularly land tricky shots quickly.

Now obviously, if you're trying to drag it super quickly across you have to have a time to hit the trigger in your head. If you try and react to when your reticle is over the head, I find I miss, so instead I've taken to trying to quickly guess when my reticle will be over their head. Manage to hit body shots at worst, but about 50% headshots doing this. So, I'm practicing to try and get this more...reliable.

That's really cool. I should try and practice this. I used to be surgeon with the Sniper Rifle in Halo 2, but I've never been nearly as proficient with any sniper in Destiny for some reason.

P44

I noticed that too. I'm super pumped for that, for PvE too. Imagine the damage on a bunch of crits with the right burn applied.

god

my 77 wizard is going to destroy normalised crucible

or my plug one

hnnnrggg

they both already do, you just need to use them in a very particular way

P44

That's really cool. I should try and practice this. I used to be surgeon with the Sniper Rifle in Halo 2, but I've never been nearly as proficient with any sniper in Destiny for some reason.

Ember Caves.

I try and snipe everything in ember caves at least once. I started out shit, now I've got to the point where I'm trying to make shots harder in some way.

MechDX

Yes it is, might have to hop in with my marshmallow hunter. :p

:p Ive tried to enjoy my Hunter. She is level 33 but I just don't have any fun with them. Cant take any damn damage at all. And those "jumps".....

Im searching for that tag but it is not coming up.

Top Bottom