• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

They can't possibly think the titan super hammers are balanced.
YEA BABY! It's OUR turn to dominate PvP. I've been Arc bladed, I've been Golden Gunned, and I've been Nova bombed more times than I can count. But now FINALLY it is our turn. Kneel before us!

Arc blade? Hammer smash!
Golden gun? Hammer throw!
Nova Bomb? ....well, yea, okay I'm still probably gonna die.

One full year of dying as I jump into fists of havoc, or completely missing everyone because I (and the super) suck. But now I will be the subclass that everyone fears!

9/15/15

It's OUR turn!

until the nerf

kiguel182

YEA BABY! It's OUR turn to dominate PvP. I've been Arc bladed, I've been Golden Gunned, and I've been Nova bombed more times than I can count. But now FINALLY it is our turn. Kneel before us!

Arc blade? Hammer smash!

One full year of dying as I jump into fists of havoc, or completely missing everyone because I (and the super) suck. But now I will be the subclass that everyone fears!

9/15/15

It's OUR turn!

until the nerf

Hell yeah!

Finally we will have our revenge.

Also, no more getting stuck on geometry when trying to land fists of havoc!

Avixph

One cool thing I noticed from that IGN demo was how many drops the guy got at the end. Sure they were blue but it's still nice to see lots of loot.

For anyone else who wanted to see them:

rdcZ1F0.jpg

yeah I'm not a very good fist of havoc'r either.. Feel like I'm always saving it for a moment that never comes

or just shutting down bubbles, blade dancers, self rezers

will be nice to have a more offensive super

Ophelion

yeah I'm not a very good fist of havoc'r either.. Feel like I'm always saving it for a moment that never comes

I like using it with the helm of inmost light, but otherwise I pretty much fail with it every time.

kiguel182

I think it's awesome and PVE when I'm overwhelmed but at PVP I feel the same.

Alt ought when it connects it feels great.

Golden gun will show them who da bes.

Not sure about that. I'm a little jelly that the hammer bros will have 8 -9 ranged one hit kills, and us GG'ers only get 3 shots. I had hopped that the hammers were more like the Sunsinger grenades where you really have to slow down and aim to get one hit kills.

Sadetar

I bought Destiny about two weeks ago. I agreed to sacrifice my first born son
(that will never be born since I don't have time to have sex since I only play Destiny)
and all my free time. So far so good.

I have already played with some of you (whom I also can blame for buying the game), but if you feel like you can stand a 30-level noobie, feel free to add me on PS4 (gamertag: Taistelumurmeli ).

Beards are scratchy. No kissy kissy
Oh come on - facial hair is awesome on lads.

Arc blade? Hammer smash!

9/15/15

It's OUR turn!

until the nerf

I play Titan as well, I admit a part of me will enjoy revenge.

phen0m24

Err not East Coast but could make a trip to rep Texas DGAF.

Not necessarily true. My wife loves it when I'm on vacation from work because I grow out my beard. Unfortunately it just ends up coming right back off soon as return to work. Told her when I retire I'm going Dumbledore beard style. Just gotta wait 25 more years.

Fake Edit: Google announced yesterday that they're making San Antonio a Google Fiber City. OMG, I can't wait!!!

I thought you were from NY. Terrible assumption. I made you a yankee. :( asks for forgiveness

I tried to move to TX

todd360

My GF dislikes my beard. I told her I ain't shaving it off. You know that picture of a guy shaving his manly beard and having a baby face afterwards? That's me. She's gonna have to deal with my manliness.

Huh. Never imagined you with a space beard. My mental image has been thrown off.

Arc blade? Hammer smash!

9/15/15

It's OUR turn!

until the nerf
What am I even reading....

Titans already have Titan smash which gives you a get out of jail free card. You get a shield that gives obviously a surrounding shield, but a shield on you as well plus more weapon damage if desired.

😐

Silvard

Hey guys, I'm probably in the same situation as many others and I'm sure you've heard this before, but I looked at the recent pages and couldn't find something similar (don't eviscerate me if I missed it though).

I used to be a hardcore Destiny player until some time before TDB hit. I'm talking each class at level 30, each with multiple maxed exotic armors and guns, doing 15 bounties and 3 daily missions every day, 3 weeklies and 3 nightfalls and 3 HM VoG every week, capping Vanguard and Crucible marks on every character, having 6 Mythoclasts, etc. As you can imagine I burned out with the intensity of a super nova given the lack of content in the game at that point. I absolutely adore the core gameplay which is why I lasted that long in the first place.

Well, with the recent news on TTK and it changing many things that I didn't like about the game, adding content and features and whatnot, I decided to play Destiny again and go through the current content and earn the rewards while they're still relevant (and get that Year 1 Emblem).

So, as someone who know everything and had done almost everything in the game until before TDB, what things have I missed and what content/system/features should I know, as well as go through before TTK hits? And how do I get to it? Please help me out with this.

Also, please count me in for Flawless Raider, as well as for any groups tackling any of the raids or content that forms up. I don't know what The Lighthouse is for instance, but apparently getting there is a big deal? Please understand that though I have certain mastery over the core gameplay I'm new to everything TDB and after.

Nuszka

The hype for tTK came in the wrong time , I so badly want to play this week blut all I have are like 30 minute sessions after work. Until Sunday evening when I am off I will return for trials , cannot wait !!!

I thought you were from NY. Terrible assumption. I made you a yankee. :( asks for forgiveness

I tried to move to TX

It's cool, being forgetful isn't a crime. I say forgetful because I know it was mentioned before in party chat that I was from Texas. I know that because I remember you saying that you had wanted to move to Texas. It's all good though buddy.
Plus I don't know or don't remember where you're from Lol. I do however, know the words to the Gjallarhorn song.

Invis

Is the best way to obtain legendaries and exotics to just buy them with marks? I'm level 23 in all blues and light is getting hard to come by since I don't have anything higher than rares, and not really sure how to get anything higher rank.

phen0m24

It's cool, being forgetful isn't a crime. I say forgetful because I know it was mentioned before in party chat that I was from Texas. I know that because I remember you saying that you had wanted to move to Texas. It's all good though buddy.
Plus I don't know or don't remember where you're from Lol. I do however, know the words to the Gjallarhorn song.

I has amnesia

except for the Gjallarhorn song, I also remember that

Is the best way to obtain legendaries and exotics to just buy them with marks? I'm level 23 in all blues and light is getting hard to come by since I don't have anything higher than rares, and not really sure how to get anything higher rank.
3 letters, Invis. PvP. You can get some nice blue drops in PvP, if that's your cup of tea. :)

I forgot all about Rift. Here's a list of people I'm going to dunk on in the new TTK game mode

- You
- Your face
- Yo momma
- Uhh...Drizzay if there's no TLord post
- Deej Nuhtz Got'eem
- Dunkedonacello

My only regret is that Peter DUNKalage won't be a part of it :'(

phen0m24

Hey guys, I'm probably in the same situation as many others and I'm sure you've heard this before, but I looked at the recent pages and couldn't find something similar (don't eviscerate me if I missed it though).

I used to be a hardcore Destiny player until some time before TDB hit. I'm talking each class at level 30, each with multiple maxed exotic armors and guns, doing 15 bounties and 3 daily missions every day, 3 weeklies and 3 nightfalls and 3 HM VoG every week, capping Vanguard and Crucible marks on every character, having 6 Mythoclasts, etc. As you can imagine I burned out with the intensity of a super nova given the lack of content in the game at that point. I absolutely adore the core gameplay which is why I lasted that long in the first place.

Well, with the recent news on TTK and it changing many things that I didn't like about the game, adding content and features and whatnot, I decided to play Destiny again and go through the current content and earn the rewards while they're still relevant (and get that Year 1 Emblem).

So, as someone who know everything and had done almost everything in the game until before TDB, what things have I missed and what content/system/features should I know, as well as go through before TTK hits? And how do I get to it? Please help me out with this.

Also, please count me in for Flawless Raider, as well as for any groups tackling any of the raids or content that forms up. I don't know what The Lighthouse is for instance, but apparently getting there is a big deal? Please understand that though I have certain mastery over the core gameplay I'm new to everything TDB and after.

Silvard you first need to go through The Dark Below story missions. Beating the last mission gets you one circle on the Year 1 emblem.

Going through the TDB stuff will open additional Nightfall missions and so forth.

Then guess what, you're coming up against the House of Wolves story stuff. You can't fight Skolas (Level 35 boss) until you open up the Prison of Elders, which is at the end of the story stuff.

Good thing is, if you have a Titan and a Gjallarhorn, all of the missions are easy. Bubble + Horn = easy mode

TDB Raid = Crota's End. That raid provides:
Normal mode: Armor as section rewards or radiant shards or energy + special or Heavy or helmet reward at boss (Crota) (with chance of exotic)
Hard Mode: Primary weapons as section rewards, with handgun/scout rifle possible rewards as boss, along with helmet again and chance of exotic
Exotic Crux of Crota drop will let you upgrade a Husk of the Pit turned Eidolon Ally into the Nechrochasm (ask Nami)

HoW Raid wasn't a raid - it was the Prison of Elders 3 man quasi-horde mode
There is a level 28, 32, 34 and 35.
There is a chest at the end of each level (Big chest) that requires a key. You get a key from doing the dark blue bounty missions for Petra in the reef.
28 is easy, includes matchmaking (chance of exotic)
32 provides an armor core which lets you buy armor from Variks in the reef
34 provides a weapon core which lets you buy a weapon from Variks in the reef
35 is like all of the above, and you have a chance at a special primary drop. Beating Skolas is another of the triumph things for the emblem.

As far as raids go, look around here on Tuesdays as EVERYONE tries to bang them out on reset day. The rest of us do them very willy nilly.

PvP: There is a mode with HoW called Trials of Osiris that lets teams of 3 go head to head for loot. It runs from Friday to Monday. You earn the right to buy things from that vendor if you get 5 wins , more if you get 8 wins, and if you somehow get 9 wins in a row, you get to go to Mercury and get special weapons and armor loot.

PvP: The hot weapon to have is Hopscotch Pilgrim. It drops in level 28 Dragon Strikes and level 28 Prison of Elders. Red Death and Thorn and Last Word are still dominant in PvP. Best rocket launchers are Ash Factory, Tomorrow's Answer. Look out for shotguns as they got a 100% buff. Yeah, come up against a Matador 64 or a Party Crasher +1 and you'll get killed from the next town over.

PvE: People still want Gjallarhorn, but there are other beastly weapons now. 4th Horseman shotgun is ridiculous. Black Hammer (while it lasts) is a tremendous sniper. Word of Crota is a void primary NOT named Atheon's Epilogue. Oversoul Edict is a pulse rifle that is arc, shoots full auto, and can shoot through Knight shields. You'll see.

OP armor:
Warlocks want the RAM helmet
Gunslingers love the Nighthawk helmet
Titans still rock Saint 14 but have fun with Peregrine Greaves too

My fingers hurt. :p

Kurumi

Okay so here is my take from TTK hands on from gamescomm earlier today:

We watched a 10 minute presentation that included the TTK cinematic and what we were told, part of the first story mission.

The story mission, in one word, was awesome. It felt like a story mission, not a defend while ghost unlocks a door instance. Zavala and Eris voicing throughout, great pacing and production values. If you thought HoW story missions were good, this was better.

Most have watched the leaked footage so won't go into details. This was played by a nightstalker hunter (by audience demand).

The hunter super in pve felt more like a support super than a dps super, which is good cause hunters have always lacked the support role, unless you count stealth revives. Pulse rifle and shotgun were used, pulse rifle didn't seem very good for close quarters but was great in long distance fighting. Shotgun was probably a low legendary type so nothing special about it.

The mission did end abruptly but we were told the next part was cut so as to avoid spoilers. The only thing new I noticed was that a random green engram turned out to be a common ghost shell, so it looks like they will be part of loot drops.

Also, the player had a sexy New Monarchy ship and we saw lots of them in the pvp section as well, so I'm assuming and hoping that faction ships and shaders will be available for purchase and/or unlock. :)

Moving on to pvp. We were allowed to play mayhem clash. Not sure if other modes were playable, but we'll find out tomorrow.

All weapon types were available, but limited to the new legendary ones. I tried hand cannon, pulse rifle, sniper, shotgun, sidearm and rocket launcher.

The hand cannon was ass. It was more like a side arm with fast RoF and lower range and impact. Switched to pulse and felt a lot better with the 2 burst kill.

The sniper was low RoF, medium impact. The map we played was kind of small and didn't suit sniping, also the sniper fired way too slow. The shotgun was terrible and couldn't kill an opponent at point blank range. I barely got to use sidearm because it was mayhem and we were spamming nades and supers a lot.

The rocket launcher had very low RoF and velocity, and felt useless in mayhem. Tomorrow I'll try the auto rifle, scout, fusion and machine gun.

As for mayhem, that mode is fun but probably not for serious play. The map wasn't good so I'm hoping the other maps are better. Lots of corners and choke points.

Now to the best part: the new subclasses.

Titan super is OP. The flaming hammer is OHK and you can throw close to 7-8 while the super is active. The damage radius is quite large so don't even have to aim precisely. The new grenade didn't feel any special though. Melee felt like standard titan melee.

I got stuck in the nightstalker super twice, the screen got all hazy and distorted, but I was able to jump out of it and still kill the opponent. Our opponents weren't the best players so I can't comment on the effectiveness of the super but it felt like a suppression super rather than a dps super. Should be really good for objective based modes like control, capture the flag, heavy spawn, etc. Nooblet and Gala played nightstalker so they will have more insight.

EJ played Stormcaller and said it was OP as well, though our opponents were weak and he did steal a lot of kills :p

But yeah, the new warlock super is very different in the way you can float around dispensing lighting, so should be fun to play nonetheless.

That's all I got. Any questions?

I'll just say one thing, we were really impressed by TTK hands on and are very excited for 15/09.

All of this sounds good. Minus the weapons you tried not being good except the pulse rifle. I'm so glad they actually made the story missions more fun. Thank god! Also can't wait to try out all 3 new subclasses. That Titan subclass does sound badass.

Fushin

Anybody want to help a 32 Titan get an etheric light? Want to run a PoE 34 arena but I've never done a game online with a fire team beyond the random matchmaking. Any help would be appreciated! PS4: jmudd301

I think it's important to note that Prison of Elders is really the best way to advance a character to the level cap outside of Trials. Crota's End suffers from being caught in the middle and is not a good way to progress outside of the guns dropped. Two weeks of PoE basically guarantees max level characters with no reliance on RNG, so I'd absolutely prioritize getting the HoW story done 3x.

phen0m24

365 Horn also means he can now join Hawk's noob Raids right?

No that requires a 365 Horn, 365 Ice Breaker and also a Nechrochasm.

oh wait

TOP OF THE PAGE AGAIN!!! YESSS DGAF DOMINATION CONTINUES

Top of Page Plug part Deux

Hi boys and girls of GAF, if you're new here, and you like PvP, you should tune in to Unstable's stream.

Unstable is one of the best ranked PvPers on PS4 and he likes to carry
scrubs
us to Mercury on his titaniu- nay, adamantium spine.

His twitch is http://twitch.tv/unstablelive

His twitter is @unstable_Live

Ask him about Canned Water™, Folgers and Desk Repairs. Also coffee mugs.

There is also a secret question in the Twitch stream, which is

IS DRIZZAY WEARING PANTS

Top Bottom