• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

darknil

Hey, regarding all the news of TTK, have they said anything about existing subclasses?

I'm concerned they make the new ones better and it becomes one fest of 3 subclasses instead of a fest of 6 subclasses.

Ophelion

Hey, regarding all the news of TTK, have they said anything about existing subclasses?

I'm concerned they make the new ones better and it becomes one fest of 3 subclasses instead of a fest of 6 subclasses.

I doubt that they will make the new subs better than the old ones
on purpose

kiguel182

I'm always afraid of getting rid of weapons 'cause I'm afraid the weapon might be great and I'm just not aware of it.

I have issues.

Okay so here is my take from TTK hands on from gamescomm earlier today:

We watched a 10 minute presentation that included the TTK cinematic and what we were told, part of the first story mission.

The story mission, in one word, was awesome. It felt like a story mission, not a defend while ghost unlocks a door instance. Zavala and Eris voicing throughout, great pacing and production values. If you thought HoW story missions were good, this was better.

Most have watched the leaked footage so won't go into details. This was played by a nightstalker hunter (by audience demand).

The hunter super in pve felt more like a support super than a dps super, which is good cause hunters have always lacked the support role, unless you count stealth revives. Pulse rifle and shotgun were used, pulse rifle didn't seem very good for close quarters but was great in long distance fighting. Shotgun was probably a low legendary type so nothing special about it.

The mission did end abruptly but we were told the next part was cut so as to avoid spoilers. The only thing new I noticed was that a random green engram turned out to be a common ghost shell, so it looks like they will be part of loot drops.

Also, the player had a sexy New Monarchy ship and we saw lots of them in the pvp section as well, so I'm assuming and hoping that faction ships and shaders will be available for purchase and/or unlock. :)

Moving on to pvp. We were allowed to play mayhem clash. Not sure if other modes were playable, but we'll find out tomorrow.

All weapon types were available, but limited to the new legendary ones. I tried hand cannon, pulse rifle, sniper, shotgun, sidearm and rocket launcher.

The hand cannon was ass. It was more like a side arm with fast RoF and lower range and impact. Switched to pulse and felt a lot better with the 2 burst kill.

The sniper was low RoF, medium impact. The map we played was kind of small and didn't suit sniping, also the sniper fired way too slow. The shotgun was terrible and couldn't kill an opponent at point blank range. I barely got to use sidearm because it was mayhem and we were spamming nades and supers a lot.

The rocket launcher had very low RoF and velocity, and felt useless in mayhem. Tomorrow I'll try the auto rifle, scout, fusion and machine gun.

As for mayhem, that mode is fun but probably not for serious play. The map wasn't good so I'm hoping the other maps are better. Lots of corners and choke points.

Now to the best part: the new subclasses.

Titan super is OP. The flaming hammer is OHK and you can throw close to 7-8 while the super is active. The damage radius is quite large so don't even have to aim precisely. The new grenade didn't feel any special though. Melee felt like standard titan melee.

I got stuck in the nightstalker super twice, the screen got all hazy and distorted, but I was able to jump out of it and still kill the opponent. Our opponents weren't the best players so I can't comment on the effectiveness of the super but it felt like a suppression super rather than a dps super. Should be really good for objective based modes like control, capture the flag, heavy spawn, etc. Nooblet and Gala played nightstalker so they will have more insight.

EJ played Stormcaller and said it was OP as well, though our opponents were weak and he did steal a lot of kills :p

But yeah, the new warlock super is very different in the way you can float around dispensing lighting, so should be fun to play nonetheless.

That's all I got. Any questions?

I'll just say one thing, we were really impressed by TTK hands on and are very excited for 15/09.

Just want to give thanks to TheWorthyEdge and DestinyGAF - did my first raid and it was absolutely brilliant, best thing in Destiny so far. Everyone who has never got into one before, do whatever it takes to try one with a full group.

thatjesushair

Neo Member
Just want to give thanks to TheWorthyEdge and DestinyGAF - did my first raid and it was absolutely brilliant, best thing in Destiny so far. Everyone who has never got into one before, do whatever it takes to try one with a full group.

Right?! I did the same thing 2 months ago because I'm so intimidated by others and I absolutely love it. Just watch out for the crazy tryhards.

darthbob

I'm always afraid of getting rid of weapons 'cause I'm afraid the weapon might be great and I'm just not aware of it.

I have issues.

I know the feeling. Almost sharded a Hopscotch Pilgrim when it dropped randomly in a Dragon playlist, but decided to hold on to it for some reason...

Glad I did.

Ophelion

I know the feeling. Almost sharded a Hopscotch Pilgrim when it dropped randomly in a Dragon playlist, but decided to hold on to it for some reason...

Glad I did.

Pretty sure I did that very thing early on when the expansion came out.

Good thing I got another one just last night.

One cool thing I noticed from that IGN demo was how many drops the guy got at the end. Sure they were blue but it's still nice to see lots of loot.

Drain You

:p Ive tried to enjoy my Hunter. She is level 33 but I just don't have any fun with them. Cant take any damn damage at all. And those "jumps".....

Im searching for that tag but it is not coming up.

Might be on private, when I get home I'll add you and try and get my profile off of private.

Very cool stuff. Stormtrance looks fun from all the videos they have shown from Gamescom.

It is a fun super to use and it kills pretty fast. The only thing is you have to expose yourself and because you're floating you move a bit slow. If you activate the super mid air, it will shoot one beam down before you go into your floating state which was really useful as I had three enemies under me. Too bad we couldn't pick the classes but definitely had some fun with the Stormcaller.

It is a fun super to use and it kills pretty fast. The only thing is you have to expose yourself and because you're floating you move a bit slow. If you activate the super mid air, it will shoot one beam down before you go into your floating state which was really useful as I had three enemies under me. Too bad we couldn't pick the classes but definitely had some fun with the Stormcaller.

We could always swap stations but you knew you wanted to play Warlock :p

Also, go to bed !

We could always swap stations but you knew you wanted to play Warlock :p

Also, go to bed !

Ssshh I'm trying to blend in with the Hunter and Titan lovers. Guess I had to go back to the character I started the game with. I really want to go to bed but the excitement still has some control over my brain.

Well you had to expose yourself when you Fist of Havoc with a Titan, but I bet it can be helpful in some PVE elements as well though. Sorry I'm just a Warlock guy :p

kiguel182

Glad I did.

That's my fear every time since I'm not able to see what's better than what.

I need more vault space to just horde everything is what I'm getting at.

Well you had to expose yourself when you Fist of Havoc with a Titan, but I bet it can be helpful in some PVE elements as well though. Sorry I'm just a Warlock guy :p

No worries, I'm a Warlock guy myself. I just wanted to say that you float kind of slowly across the map while shooting those beams meaning that you're vulnerable. Although it seemed that you get a slight armor boost but I might be wrong about that.

WITH ALL THESE NJ NY NYC MA GUARDIANS WHEN IS EAST COAST DESTINYCON?

Noomi
NamI
PUMA
BB
Grimlock
Kadey
Lun
IllinI guy

SERIOUSLY PPL

Err not East Coast but could make a trip to rep Texas DGAF.

In this thread I learned: Wives hate beards.

Not necessarily true. My wife loves it when I'm on vacation from work because I grow out my beard. Unfortunately it just ends up coming right back off soon as return to work. Told her when I retire I'm going Dumbledore beard style. Just gotta wait 25 more years.

Fake Edit: Google announced yesterday that they're making San Antonio a Google Fiber City. OMG, I can't wait!!!

Ophelion

Hey guys.

Just so we're clear.

I don't really think wives hate beards. I just thought it was funny that more than one person was citing wify preferences as their motivation behind shaving. It was joke. I am not a funny man, maybe. I am sorry.

Top of page edit: NEWSFLASH! Warlocks still master race. Confirmed more OP than ever now that they can sling goddamn lightning bolts at your face. News at 11.

Top Bottom