• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Blunoise

Okay so here is my take from TTK hands on from gamescomm earlier today:

We watched a 10 minute presentation that included the TTK cinematic and what we were told, part of the first story mission.

The story mission, in one word, was awesome. It felt like a story mission, not a defend while ghost unlocks a door instance. Zavala and Eris voicing throughout, great pacing and production values. If you thought HoW story missions were good, this was better.

Most have watched the leaked footage so won't go into details. This was played by a nightstalker hunter (by audience demand).

The hunter super in pve felt more like a support super than a dps super, which is good cause hunters have always lacked the support role, unless you count stealth revives. Pulse rifle and shotgun were used, pulse rifle didn't seem very good for close quarters but was great in long distance fighting. Shotgun was probably a low legendary type so nothing special about it.

The mission did end abruptly but we were told the next part was cut so as to avoid spoilers. The only thing new I noticed was that a random green engram turned out to be a common ghost shell, so it looks like they will be part of loot drops.

Also, the player had a sexy New Monarchy ship and we saw lots of them in the pvp section as well, so I'm assuming and hoping that faction ships and shaders will be available for purchase and/or unlock. :)

Moving on to pvp. We were allowed to play mayhem clash. Not sure if other modes were playable, but we'll find out tomorrow.

All weapon types were available, but limited to the new legendary ones. I tried hand cannon, pulse rifle, sniper, shotgun, sidearm and rocket launcher.

The hand cannon was ass. It was more like a side arm with fast RoF and lower range and impact. Switched to pulse and felt a lot better with the 2 burst kill.

The sniper was low RoF, medium impact. The map we played was kind of small and didn't suit sniping, also the sniper fired way too slow. The shotgun was terrible and couldn't kill an opponent at point blank range. I barely got to use sidearm because it was mayhem and we were spamming nades and supers a lot.

The rocket launcher had very low RoF and velocity, and felt useless in mayhem. Tomorrow I'll try the auto rifle, scout, fusion and machine gun.

As for mayhem, that mode is fun but probably not for serious play. The map wasn't good so I'm hoping the other maps are better. Lots of corners and choke points.

Now to the best part: the new subclasses.

Titan super is OP. The flaming hammer is OHK and you can throw close to 7-8 while the super is active. The damage radius is quite large so don't even have to aim precisely. The new grenade didn't feel any special though. Melee felt like standard titan melee.

I got stuck in the nightstalker super twice, the screen got all hazy and distorted, but I was able to jump out of it and still kill the opponent. Our opponents weren't the best players so I can't comment on the effectiveness of the super but it felt like a suppression super rather than a dps super. Should be really good for objective based modes like control, capture the flag, heavy spawn, etc. Nooblet and Gala played nightstalker so they will have more insight.

EJ played Stormcaller and said it was OP as well, though our opponents were weak and he did steal a lot of kills :p

But yeah, the new warlock super is very different in the way you can float around dispensing lighting, so should be fun to play nonetheless.

That's all I got. Any questions?

I'll just say one thing, we were really impressed by TTK hands on and are very excited for 15/09.

So basically everyone is going to be raiding so that they can get the exotic ghost shell huh

phen0m24

I think it's important to note that Prison of Elders is really the best way to advance a character to the level cap outside of Trials. Crota's End suffers from being caught in the middle and is not a good way to progress outside of the guns dropped. Two weeks of PoE basically guarantees max level characters with no reliance on RNG, so I'd absolutely prioritize getting the HoW story done 3x.

what Reign said.

Buying armor from Variks with armor cores will get you to 34 quickly.

Thanks for the assist Reign!

:)

Pop into salvage with a buddy for Relic Hunter trophy...get it during the match lol

I guess I have done more salvage than I thought.

Just need flawless and I am a guardian lord.

I think it's important to note that Prison of Elders is really the best way to advance a character to the level cap outside of Trials. Crota's End suffers from being caught in the middle and is not a good way to progress outside of the guns dropped. Two weeks of PoE basically guarantees max level characters with no reliance on RNG, so I'd absolutely prioritize getting the HoW story done 3x.

Very, very true. The only bit of chance is to hope for a good stat roll for your armor core.

darthbob

So basically everyone is going to be raiding so that they can get the exotic ghost shell huh

Seeing as how Ghost shells will affect your stats, I can't fucking wait.

Gimme dat Intrusion shell bungie

614.jpg

OkayRene

8 hours to backup my PS4, holy crap!

Guess no gaming for me tonight...

Ah shit, probably another 8 hours to restore! Oh well, I'm sure the 2 TB upgrade will be worth the wait. :)

Hi boys and girls of GAF, if you're new here, and you like PvP, you should tune in to Unstable's stream.

Unstable is one of the best ranked PvPers on PS4 and he likes to carry
scrubs
us to Mercury on his titaniu- nay, adamantium spine.

His twitch is http://twitch.tv/unstablelive

His twitter is @unstable_Live

Ask him about Canned Water™, Folgers and Desk Repairs. Also coffee mugs.

There is also a secret question in the Twitch stream, which is

IS DRIZZAY WAERING PANTS

Also ask about ribs and I fixed the spoiler for you.

GutZ31

8 hours to backup my PS4, holy crap!

Guess no gaming for me tonight...

Ah shit, probably another 8 hours to restore! Oh well, I'm sure the 2 TB upgrade will be worth the wait. :)

I don't think USB 3.0 should take that long.

I was able to transfer 387GBs to an external drive in about 3 hours.
Still long as hell, but a pretty big difference compared to 8 hours.

OkayRene

Bungie should release a Nolanbot replica thing with his voice now that the original Dinklebot is redundant.

Oh man that Dinklebot's value is probably gonna go way up now, huh?

I don't think USB 3.0 should take that long.

I was able to transfer 387GBs to an external drive in about 3 hours.
Still long as hell, but a pretty big difference compared to 8 hours.

Yeah that's a huge difference. I have a USB 2.0 MyBook that was collecting dust. Figured I'd get some use out of it.

Silvard

Thanks a lot guys, I needed something exactly like this. I have already done the Crota story mission, at least up until they give me a quest about an urn or something fro Xur and kill some knights and wizards.

Also, I bought some gear from the vanguard vendors, dismantled some exotics and upgraded my armor (hit level 32) and a SUROS Regime and a Mythoclast, how much of a mistake did I make by doing that?

Heading into the Reef now for the first time, what are armor cores?

Think I can get all my circles filled before TTK? I'm only missing the DLC stuff. I imagine that the PVP stuff (Trial of Osiris and what not) will remain relevant and current in TTK, unlike the PvE stuff.

Thanks a lot guys, I needed something exactly like this. I have already done the Crota story mission, at least up until they give me a quest about an urn or something fro Xur and kill some knights and wizards.

Also, I bought some gear from the vanguard vendors, dismantled some exotics and upgraded my armor (hit level 32) and a SUROS Regime and a Mythoclast, how much of a mistake did I make by doing that?

Heading into the Reef now for the first time, what are armor cores?

Think I can get all my circles filled before TTK? I'm only missing the DLC stuff. I imagine that the PVP stuff (Trial of Osiris and what not) will remain relevant and current in TTK, unlike the PvE stuff.

I would not dismantle any exotics that are not dupes. The severity of that 'mistake' depends on the exotics dismantled. If you dismantled Ghorns, then shame on you, hah. Upgrading anything is not a mistake. Armor cores get you max level armor from Variks (who you will see in the reef).

You can absolutely finish your triumphs. If you played a crazy amount, you could have them done this week (not suggesting it, just saying it's not something I'd worry about at all).

Frenden

Banned
Top Bottom