• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

MrDaravon

Finally hit rank 5, thank Jesus.

Is either of the weapons he has worth buying? As a Hunter none of the armor seems decent unless I'm missing something.

Finally hit rank 5, thank Jesus.

Is either of the weapons he has worth buying? As a Hunter none of the armor seems decent unless I'm missing something.

The helmet looks pretty cool. Get the spear if you don't have a good sniper you like. I don't recommend the hand cannon.

ERMint13

The amount of guys using Final Round has really increased after a big drop off in the past weeks.

Can't wait for the nerf.

MrDaravon

The helmet looks pretty cool. Get the spear if you don't have a good sniper you like. I don't recommend the hand cannon.

I've got one Black Hammer but nothing special on my other characters except I have some Patience & Time's hanging around. Is the Spear noticeably better than other regular Legendary snipers?

Frenden

Banned
Also I don't generally get on the GAF train because I could get carried but I don't want to be that guy lol. I'm okay, but nowhere remotely near as good as most of GAF :p

No one on our buses seems REMOTELY concerned about someone doing less than stellar in IB. We're all shooting the shit while shooting shit--some folks go 3.5 KDR and some .35. Not a biggie. Join a banner bus! Stop torturing yourself with blueberries.

phen0m24

No one on our buses seems REMOTELY concerned about someone doing less than stellar in IB. We're all shooting the shit while shooting shit--some folks go 3.5 KDR and some .35. Not a biggie. Join a banner bus! Stop torturing yourself with blueberries.
Hi I represent the .35.

Frenden, Puma and a bunch of us has a blast last IB like the above. Thumbs way up.

MrDaravon

Fair enough :p. Everyone I've played with on DGAF has been awesome, it's a personal hangup where I don't want to feel like I'm dragging people down even though I know no one else cares. Also I mainly wanted to get my Hunter maxed out so I could switch characters and start fresh on a new one. When my wife leaves for work in a little bit I'll try to hop on a train.

Now to see how significant the IB boost is on your alt characters, I don't have the class item but I moved the emblem and shader over to my fresh Titan, let's see.

Arrrammis

Fair enough :p. Everyone I've played with on DGAF has been awesome, it's a personal hangup where I don't want to feel like I'm dragging people down even though I know no one else cares. Also I mainly wanted to get my Hunter maxed out so I could switch characters and start fresh on a new one. When my wife leaves for work in a little bit I'll try to hop on a train.

Now to see how significant the IB boost is on your alt characters, I don't have the class item but I moved the emblem and shader over to my fresh Titan, let's see.
Rep boost:
It's 2x rep on your other characters

lt519

Nice work Igor! No wipe on Skolas again!

That's all I have in me for running Skolas this week. Thanks everyone who helped out and congrats to everyone on their Year One Triumphs!

Woohooo Skolas got rekt :)

Thanks Drizzay and Rabursto! That was pretty smooth. The only round we didn't wipe was the Skolas one lol.

lt519

Didn't get a weapon did he? :(

Nope, apparently I'm the only one allowed to get anything when I play and since that was my 6th clear with my Titan this week it ruled everyone out. Got around my 5th Elder Cipher this week though haha. Just counted, 9 clears total this week all with at least one new guy per clear. I'm the only one that got weapons (twice)

Frenden

Banned
I was just reading that there's a way to glitch Final Round in hand cannons. Expect that to be a thing, I guess.

Unload all but the final round from a magazine.
Reload.
The first bullet in your magazine now has Final Round. So does the last.

You now have a bonus proc more consistent than Hawkmoon if you religiously queue final round shots.

deafmedal

Well, that hurt. IB Second character start. Played some banana runs and knocked out the bounties. Finished up with what should have been enough to push me past lvl 3. Told myself not to forget to refresh boon...

Got all my gear sorted for leveling and turned in my bounties. Hmm. Why no lvl 3?

Dumbass forgot to replenish boon.
*sigh*
lol
heh.

Welp! Time for Titan! Why the fuck did I buy the boon last night for my hunter? I didn't even play with her >:p

todd360

I was just reading that there's a way to glitch Final Round in hand cannons. Expect that to be a thing, I guess.

Unload all but the final round from a magazine.
Reload.
The first bullet in your magazine now has Final Round. So does the last.

You now have a bonus proc more consistent than Hawkmoon if you religiously perform this ritual dumping of rounds.

Ahh frenden. Forbidden knowledge should be kept in the forbidden section of the hogwarts library.

Baliis

This along with Thorn and to a lesser extent the other exotic handcannons is why I refuse to play ToO until the patch.

Weirdly, I feel like I didn't see any final rounds and a lot of pulse rifles when I played with rubenov and wicked this week. Still lots of thorn/last word, but I didn't feel like every team was just running three of them

Frenden

Banned
Ahh frenden. Forbidden knowledge should be kept in the forbidden section of the hogwarts library.

It's on Reddit. Pandora's box done been opened. :(

I have a mini-moon Fulcrum, but I haven't tested this out.

I hope it doesn't work. It'll take them six months to patch.

MrDaravon

Wow, the alt boost in IB is very nice. On my first win + 1 medallion on my 2nd character with the shader and emblem equipped I made it to rank 1.25 or so. Very nice, should easily be able to hit rank 3 with both of my alts, maybe rank 5 on one of them is obtainable!

Going through PoE32 with a friend that hasn't done it. If anyone wants to jump in feel free, PSN: Duebrithil (no mic though).

Frenden

Banned
Wow, the alt boost in IB is very nice. On my first win + 1 medallion on my 2nd character with the shader and emblem equipped I made it to rank 1.25 or so. Very nice, should easily be able to hit rank 3 with both of my alts, maybe rank 5 on one of them is obtainable!

You can hit Rank 5 on the final day if you turn in all bounties and win a few games during. SUPER quick.

LTWood12

Nope, apparently I'm the only one allowed to get anything when I play and since that was my 6th clear with my Titan this week it ruled everyone out. Got around my 5th Elder Cipher this week though haha. Just counted, 9 clears total this week all with at least one new guy per clear. I'm the only one that got weapons (twice)

Wow, what I gigantic fuck you to the players. At least the fight is awesome.

ocean

Banned
I've got one Black Hammer but nothing special on my other characters except I have some Patience & Time's hanging around. Is the Spear noticeably better than other regular Legendary snipers?
It's alone with Black Hammer at 37 impact. It's a PvE beast, really good to own one in Void and Arc to at least complement Black Hammer. With burns snipers like this hit way too strong.

Get it with ammo perks (surplus, extended Mag, double down etc) and make it a standard part of your Nightfall burn load outs.

ocean

Banned
It's on Reddit. Pandora's box done been opened. :(

I have a mini-moon Fulcrum, but I haven't tested this out.

I hope it doesn't work. It'll take them six months to patch.
If you wanna know something even worse - it works consistently with Thorn, which for some crazy reason also has FR. As if it weren't broken enough.

lt519

Wow, what I gigantic fuck you to the players. At least the fight is awesome.

Fortunately for the first timers the Shader, Ship and Emblem are pretty sweet rewards for beating Skolas. Several people got their first Elder Ciphers, a couple people got some needed Etheric Light and cores. Some of the first timers even went on to help others, I saw DrROB play with you guys and sengar helped me on another run. So it was all good in the end (;

Level 32 Titan now! Woo!
CLbkBjyUEAAAA-Q.png:large

LTWood12

Forgot to post that T-44, Dr. Rob, and I experienced a really odd glitch at Skolas last night. Rob was kicked when we had Skolas down to about 30%, so T-44 and I died to the devouring essence. We had to wipe again in order for Rob to join back.

Rob joins on me, then all of a sudden we can no longer hear T-44. We're all standing in the airlock and I'm thinking he accidentally muted himself. I pull up the fireteam and it just shows me and Rob. Though T-44 is listed as in the session with us, as if it was matchmade.

I clicked on T, and 'joined' his fireteam. Didn't take us to orbit or anything. Then we could hear each other again.

Top Bottom