• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Kurumi

I'll finish upgrading my Bones later.

And as for you Todd-senpai

giphy.gif

Juraash

Voidfang is one of the best Warlock exotics for PvP, but pretty useless in PvE.

TLW is the best exotic weapon for PvP, but one of the absolute worst for PvE. It's fun to use at least, cool animations.

So... If you don't play PvP I'd pass on both unless you have a ton of strange coins to burn and want to collect exotics.

I'm pretty garbage at PVP tbh so I just avoid it altogether. Seems like a pass on both for me since I'm not looking to collect and don't have a mountain of coins.

You could always Ask someone you trust to log into your account and buy that stuff. Then change your password.

If you trust them why would you have to change your password? I had Rawr sign in for me the first time Xur brought Hawkmoon and GHorn upgrades during the dark days of The Dark Below progression.

Deku Tree

So can any of you tell me how does push button MM work for the "Heists" in GTAV Online? Does it work well? Does that indicate that push button MM would or wouldn't work for Destiny Raids? I haven't played GTAV at all myself.

Deku Tree

If you trust them why would you have to change your password? I had Rawr sign in for me the first time Xur brought Hawkmoon and GHorn upgrades during the dark days of The Dark Below progression.

Meant that as a joke. Thought it was obvious. Edited my post to make it more clear.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I've been so out of the loop I'm not even sure if what Xur's peddling this week is worth while.

I currently only play Warlock and don't pvp. My understanding was Voidfang was pretty eh so I was thinking of skipping that. I remember TLW being popular back when I played constantly. I normally use Scout Rifles but I do really like hand cannons and I have gear that has HC bonuses stashed. So...TLW still a good buy? Or should I just hoard everything till post Taken King?
Unless strange coins are crazy precious to you, never, ever skip out on an exotic weapon you don't have. TLW is an absolute blast.

Voidfang actually has some pretty potent builds behind it, but Warlock is overstuffed with quality exotics honestly. It's very useful in PvP and, deceptively, can be used by Sunsingers just fine, equipped with 2 grenades on spawn (Gift of the Sun). Awesome in any of the modes with reviving and obvious synergy with Fireborn. Granted if you LITERALLY don't PvP and have no collector in you then, well you have your answer I suppose.

nOoblet16

I decided to give the presentation a miss too as I was already near exit and didn't want to shove and push my way down the corridor to get to the hall only to hope that I get to ask anything between all that noise and rush.

Pretty tired too...and extremely frustrated and pissed off after the stunt Oculus Rift pulled off with us. You had to ore register and take an appointment to use the rift, but there was another queue which was for people with no appointment...it was linger naturally. I spend 1 hour in that with 2 friends one of them who isn't a gamer and tell him about the cool things about Oculus Rift. We go in and they make us sit on a chair and hand in a controller and wait what's this? I'm using Samsung VR !! Wtf?

I ask them and they tell me that they cannot accommodate everyone so they send the people with no appointment to use the Samsung shitty VR unless someone misses their Rift appointment and makes a Rift room free.

I had NO reason to suspect that the booth and anything other than Oculus Rift because it was a huge booth with only Oculus logos everywhere and TVs that played Oculus games. The front had the Oculus hardware on showcase and every employee wore the Oculus Rift T shirt. You wouldn't even know of the Samsun VR's existence inside until you actually get there after spending ages in the queue.

I feel cheated man...lost the patience to queue up for anything at all today.

Snagged the Bones from Xur this morning. I am still missing The Feedback Fence, Nothing Manacles, and the 4th Horseman. Yes, I know Xur sold both of those armor pieces before, but that was during my break from Destiny :(

Ah well, now, Trials today...

Cade

Well that's up to debate really.

For me Hidden hand with third eye is the best combo. Some like the fast reload perks, and extra dmg after reloading as well.

Whatever works best for you :)

I love Third Eye so much. Thanks for the tips, will start rerolling!

Tovarisc

Apparently Bungie confirmed in Gamescom 2015 live Q&A that weapons from Year 1 (legendaries AND exotics) won't be upgradable in TTK.

RIP Gjallarhorn, you had good run!

Edit: Or they just make us grind for Year 2 versions of previous exotics like Gjallar

Top Bottom