• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Kyoufu

Apparently Bungie confirmed in Gamescom 2015 live Q&A that weapons from Year 1 (legendaries AND exotics) won't be upgradable in TTK.

RIP Gjallarhorn, you had good run!

whitney_receipts.gif

LiK

Apparently Bungie confirmed in Gamescom 2015 live Q&A that weapons from Year 1 (legendaries AND exotics) won't be upgradable in TTK.

this sounds awful. still keeping them just in case Bungie gets shit and changes their mind again.

ocean

Banned
I wanna believe that's a misunderstanding. Please be a misunderstanding.

You can't take this much goodwill and once again throw it out the window in 24 hours.

LTWood12

Edit: Or they just make us grind for Year 2 versions of previous exotics like Gjallar

I'm guessing something was lost in a translation at some point.

Deku Tree

Edit: Or they just make us grind for Year 2 versions of previous exotics like Gjallar

Link? I find that bit about exotics hard to believe. Would be a horrible decision IMO. Someone could have mis-spoke. Not sure why they would leave that out of the game informer article.

They confirmed that new versions of the old exotics would drop because they said the perks now come unlocked when they do, even on old exotics.

GutZ31

No year one weapons can be upgraded along with exotics.

Good Night Gjallarhorn.

Why even fucking sell them then?
I am feeling more and more let down by the info about how they want to turn our year of loot into nothing more than eye candy.

They would probably get a better reception out of me if they just told me they were deleting everyone's stuff, and that you were starting a whole new game.

Well...that's a shame. They really don't want us holding on to anything from Year 1 huh? It's such an odd mentality to have. I could understand if the game had micro-transactions, but...what's wrong with letting us use the guns we want to use? What's wrong with choice?

Lothars

That's bullshit, Legandaries I can vaguely understand but exotics is a kick in the teeth.

Hopefully they will do something with Xur because of it.

ocean

Banned
Didn't think it was possible but removing unique perks from the game really does sour the entire expansion for me.

This means I have no way of staying at max level and get fast revives during a Nightfall. I can't blind enemies who enter my bubble. New Exotics can't be "better" because at the end of the day they're defined by being different, not by being good.

Exotics are unique and thus irreplaceable for their use cases. Making them obsolete actually deletes play styles from a game that badly depends on them.

Bungie: this time I'm not even mad. Honestly, disappointed is the best I can come up with. Whatever.

Tovarisc

They confirmed that new versions of the old exotics would drop because they said the perks now come unlocked when they do, even on old exotics.

That is very lame and pure pile of steaming shit of an excuse to invalidate basically everything what Year 1 players have done and collected. Regrding Gjallarhorn (in Y1 I have gotten total of 3 personal drops of it with too much playtime under belt) just because perk revamp?

GTFO Bungie!

LiK

it took me nearly a year to get Hawkmoon. I ain't gonna wait for an upgraded one to drop all over again.

LTWood12

It seems to contradict things such as nerfing Ice Breaker, Gjallarhorn, etc. for PVE. If the stuff is being left behind anyway, why nerf?

Juraash

Unless strange coins are crazy precious to you, never, ever skip out on an exotic weapon you don't have. TLW is an absolute blast.

Voidfang actually has some pretty potent builds behind it, but Warlock is overstuffed with quality exotics honestly. It's very useful in PvP and, deceptively, can be used by Sunsingers just fine, equipped with 2 grenades on spawn (Gift of the Sun). Awesome in any of the modes with reviving and obvious synergy with Fireborn. Granted if you LITERALLY don't PvP and have no collector in you then, well you have your answer I suppose.

OK this is fair. I literally don't pvp at all. I did some one weekend with friends, had a terrible time and just decided that it wasn't for me. I've never been big on pvp in fps games though. But I do have a collector's streak in me, I've just been resisting it in Destiny since storage space is so limited. Maybe I will buy TLW though especially since I enjoy hand cannons anyways.

Namikaze1

You were doing so good this week, Bungie. You just had to fuck it up somehow.

Sigh. Just like each Pokemon Gen, I'm back to square one. I know I'm going to be hunting a new Gjallarhorn if the info is true.

Skele7on

Banned
because even with the levels that were to be implemented with new guns,

these guns broke the level/numbers and were still dramatically more over powered than some of the new ones that are coming into play from TTK.

Dat ever changing sandbox will always have rouges that defy the norm.

ocean

Banned
Worst part is they'll probably be stubborn and keep it this way, have people delete a bunch of shit, then tell us in the next DLC in March or whatever "hey guys! Guess what? Time to upgrade your Exotics!!! (If you kept them lol)"

ocean

Banned
because even with the levels that were to be implemented with new guns,

these guns broke the level/numbers and were still dramatically more over powered than some of the new ones that are coming into play from TTK.

Dat ever changing sandbox will always have rouges that defy the norm.
"Guns"
Nothing outside of Gjallarhorn can be considered even remotely OP in PvE. They wanna make new shit more attractive and that's ok. But they're being eg shady as hell about it by keeping mum on that detail and pretending that the other 26 Exotic weapons break the sandbox is a ridiculous cop out.

Top Bottom