• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

the fusion thing appears to be pretty complicated so best shown and not told.

That's what I'm getting, I will do my best talking to youtubers there who had private time with Bungie, also DM'd cosmo,

I can 100% gaf account swear year one exotics cannot be upgraded in the form we have seen before.

So can I fuse my Gjallahorn and 4th Horseman for the fastest firing rocked launcher in the game?!!!?!

Sir 4th Gjallarman!

Bungie needs to clarify this fast. This is going to absolutely kill hype if true. It's such a terrible decision and basically says fuck you to people who put time into year one. Being usable in normal crucible isn't enough, that is only a small percentage of the game. If they do this we will have more content than ever but fewer usable weapons and armor as there is no way there are as many exotics in TTK as in year one and even if there was it would still be shrinking from what it should be.

New Erotics! New Erotics errywhere!
I have been summoned.

tumblr_inline_mpivdzA2n11qz4rgp.gif

I think Bungie really needs to rethink and revamp their Exotic design strategy. Exotics don't feel "exotic" or special or prestigious at all. Not only is every endgame player expected to carry them but they're also key to being competitive in PVP.

Exotics should be that tier of item that only a small minority of players obtain rather than the vast majority have sharded over and over again. They should work on their prestige IMO.
It's too late for them to do that big of a change. It would end up with people complaining that there's no exotic drops happening.

todd360

Maybe they will let us fuse year one erotics into new legendarys. So you can give the perk you like to a legendary. That will have to turn legendary into an exotic class version of itself though. That way you can't equip a new exotic as well.

LiK

"Light level" will no longer exist, but Light will. It'll just be a separate stat from your Level, and will still affect how strong your character is.

Bungie's terrible PR continues unfortunately. They need to learn how to communicate either nothing at all, or all the details people want to know. Especially about progression systems with new expansions.

people wonder why I continue to give DeeJ shit.

Nuszka

Got an hours worth of brake from work, see people panicking... Will wait for official statement. Go to Xur get my bones. Had a clutch skirmish game in the morning will post the end later, it sort of made a good start of the day.

phen0m24

Maybe they will let us fuse year one erotics into new legendarys. So you can give the perk you like to a legendary. That will have to turn legendary into an exotic class version of itself though. That way you can't equip a new exotic as well.
Auto rifle with Wolfpack Rounds, nay

MESSENGER with Wolfpack Rounds

Todd we can maybe fuse guns in TTK like Persona.

I would like the Yoshitsune fused weapon please

Dave_6

I'm really hoping there's more to this than just "you can't upgrade your old exotics at all" and there's just another way of ascension.

todd360

Why bother nerfing ice breaker if its not going to be eligible for max damage in taken king?

Its like the fuck this in particular meme only with icebreaker.

neoism

fuckkkkkkk yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss

tlw....yesssssssssss

kreygasm

finallllllyyyy....

:O

Kyoufu

By the way, I'm not even mad about Exotics not being upgradeable.

I'm all for new things. I've played enough games were expansions have always brought in the new and out with the old. That's fine by me.

I'm sad that Necrochasm will never be good for PVE though. :|

I'm really hoping there's more to this than just "you can't upgrade your old exotics at all" and there's just another way of ascension.

like i get that they want people to use the new stuff

But they should just make the new stuff awesome. Not drop the pool of viable weapons and armor

So instead of essentially doubling our pool of choices we are starting from scratch again

Sure they say the new pool is larger but still

Namikaze1

"Light level" will no longer exist, but Light will. It'll just be a separate stat from your Level, and will still affect how strong your character is.

Bungie's terrible PR continues unfortunately. They need to learn how to communicate either nothing at all, or all the details people want to know. Especially about progression systems with new expansions.
Which is why I said light level and not just light.

The fusing thing will be awful, it took 10months for the horn to drop for me, can you imagine what it would be like waiting for two weapons to drop to make 1

ActualIy I can it's called the necrochasm, where's my crux Bungie

I said the same when Cosmo made his post, either tell us everything or nothing, all this spoon fed info is no good

GutZ31

lol now i literally have no reason to play destiny until taken king

No matter how they clarify, this is what it all comes down to it seems.
Is it really worth it to play at all, if the gear you are chasing/leveling will be less useful/worthless when TTK drops?

Is it worth leveling, chasing raid armor/weapons?
Is it worth it to look for that one Exotic?
Is it worth leveling the gear if all its going to be is a shard or *fusion* item?

This should have had a HUGE clarification before even talking about the GOOD stuff in TTK.

Skele7on

Banned
I'm not 100% sure on exotic fusion yet, will confirm I know that legendaries is a thing

I'm pretty sure though exotics will remain as they are and that's that.

LiK

The fusing thing will be awful, it took 10months for the horn to drop for me, can you imagine what it would be like waiting for two weapons to drop to make 1

ActualIy I can it's called the necrochasm, where's my crux Bungie

same for me with Hawkmoon. can't wait for it to drop another 10 months later.

Pour one out for Necrochasm.

No joke

I guess new players will maybe use it if they decide to skip out on the character BOOST

Like wtf

Even players that choose to start from scratch will likely just progress with normal weapons until they get to TTK and just use the new stuff

Top Bottom