• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

phen0m24

They're making no sense.

We heard about the Nechro getting a buff. We saw it in the video. (Unless that Nechro was fused with a Hypescotch)

Why would they give the bird (sorry Hawkian) to any people who finally got that exotic to drop or the folks on Xbone dying to use a Hawkmoon? (And lik) ;)

Somethings rotten in Denma- er, Cologne.

Nag, he pointed out someone from Reddit in the crowd, didn't seem too happy when I mentioned GAF.

Lars was great though, said he had an account and will have a look at the DGAF community.

So you were there at the Q&A? Can you confirm the no upgrade of Year 1 Exotics?

Are we saying it's confirmed now?

Apparently the guy who tweeted that out deleted his post, so maybe he was wrong?
Who am I kidding they are going to leave them behind :(

todd360

Nah, he pointed out someone from Reddit in the crowd, didn't seem too happy when I mentioned GAF.

Lars was great though, said he had an account and will have a look at the DGAF community.

The reddit community is way more popular compared to us. I guess we just aren't cool.

SIKE! WE GOT DEM JUMPS DOE!

Kyoufu

I've been told it's true though.

So is there a possibility that they'd let us upgrade them in a more unconventional manner (ie. not using an item like Etheric Light/Exotic Shard) to ascend them or are they done forever? :(

I just want to use Necrochasm in PVE, guys.

Luke pls.

Skele7on

Banned
wish I could jump through my phone and be like YO YO YO WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

So is there a possibility that they'd let us upgrade them in a more unconventional manner (ie. not using an item like Etheric Light/Exotic Shard) to ascend them or are they done forever? :(

Waiting for some form of confirmation, doesn't look too hopeful that these can be fused though.

Nah, he pointed out someone from Reddit in the crowd, didn't seem too happy when I mentioned GAF.

Considering majority of Gaf Gaming threads are very negative about the game I can't blame him. Unless he spends time reading this OT he probably thinks Gaf hates Destiny. Even if he reads the OT there's been enough negative stuff posted about him to probably sour it, plus the one time he actually posted here wasn't a super warm welcome.

todd360

Considering majority of Gaf Gaming threads are very negative about the game I can't blame him. Unless he spends time reading this OT he probably thinks Gaf hates Destiny. Even if he reads the OT there's been enough negative stuff posted about him to probably sour it, plus the one time he actually posted here wasn't a super warm welcome.

I would love to see that page.

Tovarisc

Apparently the guy who tweeted that out deleted his post, so maybe he was wrong?
Who am I kidding they are going to leave them behind :(

*waiting impatiently for details*

BTW the guy that made the tweet about year 1 exotics deleted it....

Here's the new tweet:

https://twitter.com/Fuzzle_HC/status/629675388210409472

I can imagine amount of shit he was getting for making that tweet in first place. I seriously doubt that his English skills were an issue and caused misunderstandings, level of English language among non-native speakers in EU is insane good. Still bottom line is that it's now out there, true or false, and Bungie has to clear it up ASAP.

MechDX

They're making no sense.

We heard about the Nechro getting a buff. We saw it in the video. (Unless that Nechro was fused with a Hypescotch)

Why would they give the bird (sorry Hawkian) to any people who finally got that exotic to drop or the folks on Xbone dying to use a Hawkmoon? (And lik) ;)

Somethings rotten in Denma- er, Cologne.

Man. Keep forgetting about that. One player here and that would completely kill my hype for this expansion.

Haybro

DeeJ probably associates GAF with the usual hate threads on the gaming side and not us fine folks in the community threads.

Edit: Beaten by Drizz

https://twitter.com/fuzzle_hc/status/629663100053102592

Yeah, its dead.
Hope this means it was a mistake or bullshit, but I have other suspicions.

EVERY ARTICLE

up to this point including GI has taken the time to specify that it was legendaries that were being left behind

That would be ridiculous to do this to exotics but we still dont know.

Its so weird. WHY DO weapons 2.0 exotic adjustments if they were being left behind anyways?

LiK

We play the game a lot. So if he can't deal with the criticisms from a community, he needs to get a new job.

Skele7on

Banned
By whom?

Details, man.

some of the youtubers invited and had private playtime said that it was true.

Also the whole "boom" thing with all of them atm is related to that.

I am trying my best over twitter at the moment to reach guys with limited battery/internet.

As soon as I know you will.

I also DM'd the guy that said it first, "he said it was 95% true but awaiting actual comms"

Lnkn52

We play the game a lot. So if he can't deal with the criticisms from a community, he needs to get a new job.

Do we really need Deejs approval? I would adopt Cosmo.

EVERY ARTICLE

up to this point including GI has taken the time to specify that it was legendaries that were being left behind

Its so weird. WHY DO weapons 2.0 exotic adjustments if they were being left behind anyways?

Exactly, I think he just made a mistake, if Exotics weren't going to be upgradable they would've said it in the GI stuff

rNilla

Disagree. There's a difference between sharing reasonable, constructive criticism (e.g. about the game or how information is communicated) and being rude or juvenile with personal attacks. He should get the same respect as any other member of NeoGAF.

Still bottom line is that it's now out there, true or false, and Bungie has to clear it up ASAP.

Considering how the Gaming side thread got deleted, and there's only one thread on Destiny sub that's only got 8 upvotes (57% upvotes), it isn't really "a thing" yet. Half of this thread is still jumping like crazy, even if they can't bring the bones to TK.

GutZ31

Deej is a pretty cool guy, just have to admit he has a particular way of juggling words that don't sit well with myself(and others).
But thats what PR does to you.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I just jumped online, what's going on now? Can someone recap?

Also, dem bones yo! And everyone gets a TLW before the nerf....

EloquentM

aka Mannny
EVERY ARTICLE

It'd make sense for normal crucible (last word, thorn) but gally? Nah, I'm inclined to believe they're letting us upgrade them.

Year one legendary can NOT be upgraded.

But still viable in pvp (where power levels are disabled).

Also they said there will be so many new weapons in TTK that we will not miss the old weapons.

Nuszka

I heard you can fuse The Last Word with Thorn for the ultimate hand cannon that will shoot rockets instead of bullets...

OkayRene

Deej posted in an OT and people were mean to him?

GutZ31

What did I miss?

I haven't been following the news dumps. Whats wrong with old exotics?

It is still not clear, but someone tweeted earlier that not only legendaries would be left behind, but also exotics.
The tweet has since been deleted, but everyone is still cautious of what could be true.

amar212

Year one legendary can NOT be upgraded.

But still viable in pvp (where power levels are disabled).

Also they said there will be so many new weapons in TTK that we will not miss the old weapons.

For F sake.

Well, the front page will butn again.

I got my tag yesterday for being logical, I will not make the same mistake again.

Top Bottom