• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Year 1 exotics need to left behind at some point. Why not now?

Because their loot tables and RNG were terrible so some day 1 players only recently acquired coveted exotics. Some day 1 players still don't have them (PS4 Narmer Quest).

A lot of the outrage with this game still comes back to the terrible loot system.

Skele7on

Banned
But can you RNG old exotics with year 2 damage values or are year 1 exotics completely stuck in the past?

Bungie wants to watch year 1 guardians burn...

I literally do not know anything else apart from what I have been told.

I am not going to confirm or deny anything until I'm told otherwise.

Shito

Good thing they are making all these buffs and nerfs for exotic weapons, then!
Same thing for the legendary weapons.

This is really puzzling. :)

You can still use year one weapons in pvp where power levels are disabled. So, all crucible except IB and ToO.

IB lag is being addressed. This was probably the last IB and both Trials and IB will be disabled for TTK release. They want us to play the new content.

Thorn nerf is significant according to Lars. Deej joked about the Ghorn nerf.

jeanRicK

100% NO UPGRADE FOR EXOTICS

1375735945_black-guy-laughing-on-boat-gif.gif

Welp ...

They're not being erased, they're apparently just staying at their current power levels.

Are you sure?

It sounds like the exotics we have today are unupgradeable, but you can still get a new one on 9.16. And, like in HOW, those new ones will have the new max power level? Maybe?

todd360

So I made a grave mistake and pre-ordered the collectors edition from the PSN store a week ago. Can I cancel that order? I've never tried to cancel a digital order before...

You already paid for it.

Let's all calm down everyone. Do you really want to play with the same old gear forever?

rNilla

Because their loot tables and RNG were terrible so some day 1 players only recently acquired coveted exotics. Some day 1 players still don't have them (PS4 Narmer Quest).

A lot of the outrage with this game still comes back to the terrible loot system.

I guess it's different because the loot table is so small but I've never played a loot game where everything was equally viable forever as I ascended levels, or where I even had a chance to get all of the end game loot. Apples to oranges perhaps.

LiK

You can still use year one weapons in pvp where power levels are disabled. So, all crucible except IB and ToO.

IB lag is being address. This was probably the last IB and both Trials and IB will be disabled for TTK release. They want us to play the new content.

Thorn nerf is significant according to Lars. Deej joked about the Ghorn nerf.

So save old shit for regular PVP and you're good to go.

You want vault space? Delete all your old shit lol
Figured they would go along with that plan when Deej said that a while back. Terrible decision overall. Year 1 was pretty much just beta while they worked on dumping everything out for Year 2.

The only thing we're bring over to TTK is our level.

nOoblet16

I'm not sure what you mean. It's if we're assholes to him in the OT because he works for Bungie? I don't agree.

Uh no.
Firstly, we are indeed assholes to him and Bungie (not DGAF in general but GAF..the gaming side), although they should make more of an effort to communicate than just look at reddit and call it a day.

Secondly, because he works for Bungie he is a known figure and as such he automatically becomes different from "any other member". If he makes one post now then the next 5-10 page will be talking about him or to him...that's not the same as any other member.

He gets more shit and as such he is also deserving of more "respect" (if that's what you wanna call it) than the average member as the average member does not has to face as much negativity as him.

ich00

Huh, no exotic upgrades. That just sucks. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about getting new ones, however I like a lot of the old ones.

They really need to clarify things ASAP. Also weren't we supposed to hear in the weekly update why we shouldn’t be sharding legendaries?

Why nerf the Ghallerhorn though? If it is going to be underpowered because it can't be upgraded then it wouldn't be a requirement for endgame activities anymore?

Kyoufu

Good thing they are making all these buffs and nerfs for exotic weapons, then!
Same thing for the legendary weapons.

This is really puzzling. :)

PVP nerfs had to be made. Even a year from now, Thorn would still be top of the food chain if it remained untouched.

zewone

So I made a grave mistake and pre-ordered the collectors edition from the PSN store a week ago. Can I cancel that order? I've never tried to cancel a digital order before...

You'll get your account banned if you try to do a reverse payment, FYI.

Talk to Sorny.

And it sounds like you have to grind to get them at new power levels...

If this is the case than seriously who cares. How is this a big deal. My iPad 1 doesn't run the latest iOS either. I got a new one.

A few days of grinding again with the main perk already unlocked?

If this is how it will work than this outrage seems wildly misplaced.

bitsurugi

100% NO UPGRADE FOR EXOTICS

OK, this is ... wierd and bad,

Let me tell you why.

Most if not almost ALL exotics so far, were HEAVILY underused in pve, abused in pvp.

Whats the one thing that in crucible doesn't matter? Power (excluding IB and trials so far).
So i really don't understand this decision.

They should rather buff exotics in pve, so its not just GGhorn/Ice Breaker fest (ok now they are nerfing both, both lets be honest, best exotic in pve is... fatebringer, which is not an exotic to start with).
Give exotic primaries an elemental burn, that would be better.

I can understand them not wanting us to play with the same guns another year, but.. this deciosion does NOT prevent that. Since as stated above, power in crucible does not matter and exotics were mostly used, in a more diversive way, in crucible (exept maybe in trials where everyone mostly had the same tryhard build).

Man, i wish they will but elemental burns on exotic primaries in year 2.

Why nerf the Ghallerhorn though? If it is going to be underpowered because it can't be upgraded then it wouldn't be a requirement for endgame activities anymore?
Ghallerhorn is at a point where if they didn't nerf it, it would still rival weapons being introduced in Year 2. What I don't get is why they're nerfing all the other weapons (Blackhammer, Icebreaker, TLW) if they're going to be obsolete regardless without the nerf.

If this is the case than seriously who cares. How is this a big deal. My iPad 1 doesn't run the latest iOS either. I got a new one.

A few days of grinding again with the main perk already unlocked?

If this is how it will work than this outrage seems wildly misplaced.

Try grinding for another gjally if it took you a year to get your first one. That shit is soul-crushing.

You already paid for it.

Let's all calm down everyone. Do you really want to play with the same old gear forever?

I just got Hawkmoon last week.

I'm literally working on my Queenbreaker's Bow Cipher now. Why would Bungie design exotics that will be obsoleted 5 months later?

Worse, it's not like before where an expansion just ups the level by 2, it's by 6. No way I'd use a 280ATK gun now, so these are truly "left behind".

It sucks to just now get these and have the rug pulled out from under my feet.

todd360

Well I'm taking a short break from the thread. You guys are overreacting. Let us jump 4 times to clear our collective heads.

This is why I am saying to remain skeptical. Shit is not confirmed until it's from the only source that matters. Doesn't matter if you put it in caps, bold, underlined, 110%, whatever.

Lnkn52

All Bungie needs to do is create gear that is better than Year 1 and convince us that we don't need them anymore.

Can they outdo the FB, and GHORN? They are 0 - 2 right now.

FyreWulff

I don't think they're going to keep increasing atk values into the stratosphere as the game goes on.

If Exotics are truly maxed at their current ATK values, they'll still kill everything just as fast as they do already for existing content. In newer content, the max ATK might even not be that much higher.

If they keep increasing ATK as they go, they'd eventually have to go through a stats squish to make everything sane again, much like long-running MMOs had to do. They may be trying to avoid doing this in the future.

Either way, I'd wait for the whole story instead of the silly race to have the first tidbits of info always clouding up the internets.

Kyoufu

And it sounds like you have to grind to get them at new power levels...

Are you sure?

It sounds like the exotics we have today are unupgradeable, but you can still get a new one on 9.16. And, like in HOW, those new ones will have the new max power level? Maybe?

From what I understand, this is what will happen:

BenjaminBirdie opens Gorgon Maze chest.

BenjaminBirdie obtains Hawkmoon.

Hawkmoon's attack rating: 331 (just like today). Maximum attack value: 365 (just like today).

Hawkmoon has Holding Aces perk already unlocked.

Dave_6

Wonder if year one exotics can drop in TTK and are new attack levels?

All in all this is pretty silly though.

Top Bottom