• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

XenoRaven

YwxKAQ9.jpg
What happens if you have Bones and get "Jump Again"?

LiK

Using other MMOs to compare to for loot changes is a folly. Destiny is a FPS and how the weapons handle and feel are more important than the typical MMO where you just mash a button while waiting for a cool down. Not the same to me at all.

jeanRicK

Not sure letting this confusion stay around and not clear it up ASAP with e.g. Bungie.net article is good tactic. Internet is global, they should be able to get article up from Germany.

Exactly! They're going to sit on this and let it potentially kill the hype they've managed to build this week when all it takes is a simple post to clarify things.

Okay, what about WoW and Diablo? And many other loot games out there.

yes yes and yes

This is why Destiny loot is unique and should be persistent. Mixing and matching gear with unique perks is part of the fun

Why dwindle the pool instead of expanding it. Making the new stuff even more interesting instead of finding ways to clone and replace the old stuff?

GutZ31

but what if you can still get these exotics post 9.15, you just have start from scratch (but with the main perk already unlocked).

Doesn't seem that bad.

Just delete everyones stuff then. Give us a pretty picture with stats and all that says we did something, then delete it all.

That would hurt less than invalidating the work we already did.

"I got this game console a day ago, but a new one is coming out in a month. I can play some of the games on the new console that my current console plays, but just not as well.
I have to search for the upgraded games on a foreign store that has no search functionality, and only a random button to get games that work as intended on the system."

I really hope this isnt true.

Navy Bean

I'm not even sure what it means to ascend a Year 1 exotic armor piece... Light levels are gone for leveling.

But Light still exists, right? Light now leads to Power. And Power leads to Fear, And Fear leads to Hate, And Hate leads to...Suffering.

Skele7on

Banned
it seems sketchy, replies are non replies

cozmo is at the office now, someone should say something.

although judging by reaction maybe they weren't entirely ready to say?

ich00

but what if you can still get these exotics post 9.15, you just have start from scratch (but with the main perk already unlocked).

Doesn't seem that bad.

I have zero desire to recollect exotics and upgrade them again. We already had to collect and level them, and then re-level them once.

zewone

yes yes and yes

This is why Destiny loot is unique and should be persistent. Mixing and matching gear with unique perks is part of the fun

Why dwindle the pool instead of expanding it. Making the new stuff even more interesting instead of finding ways to clone and replace the old stuff?

Because everyone just rolls Fatebringer/Black Hammer/Gjallarhorn for PvE.

They're trying to force diversity because they made overpowered gear.

Einhandr

I'm assuming exotic armor pieces won't be affected? From what I understand the only stats relevant to armor are now the int/dis/str stats and perks. If they just normalize all existing armor to their 10-20 rolls and eliminate light levels, I can't see how exotic armor won't make the transition.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I'm so confused with this game right now, between the exotic fiasco and leveling and light. Bungie is doing a terrible job of relaying information and explaining things. I mean, this isn't their first rodeo, come on.

I have zero desire to recollect exotics and upgrade them again. We already had to collect and level them, and then re-level them once.

They only need to expand the exotic pool with newer and interesting stuff

not replace it

I get the legendaries not being upgrades because of the sheer volume and redundancy among most of them

But exotics? Cmon man

EloquentM

aka Mannny
yes yes and yes

Let's keep playing with the same damn load out for 10 years. Sounds like fun.

zewone

I'm not even sure what it means to ascend a Year 1 exotic armor piece... Light levels are gone for leveling.

But Light still exists, right? Light now leads to Power. And Power leads to Fear, And Fear leads to Hate, And Hate leads to...Suffering.

Higher armor rating. CAN TAKE MORE BULLETS YO.

Kyoufu

I'm assuming exotic armor pieces won't be affected? From what I understand the only stats relevant to armor are now the int/dis/str stats and perks. If they just normalize all existing armor to their 10-20 rolls and eliminate light levels, I can't see how exotic armor won't make the transition.

I can see Exotic armor being left behind too if the itemisation team at Bungie feel like Helm of St. 14, The Ram, Celestial Nighthawk etc are too good and force players to use them and them alone.

Exotic armors is still in better shape since unique perks might have more value than raw defense

Especially now that LIGHT level is not longer attached to player level

Maybe Year one Exotics will still be very powerful in year 2 regardless?

Maybe you just need enough light to make up for the lower base damage?

Because everyone just rolls Fatebringer/Black Hammer/Gjallarhorn for PvE.

They're trying to force diversity because they made overpowered gear.
Forcing diversity by taking away options seems silly if you say it enough times.

Plus they're all these other exotic weapons and armor that many people barely have a chance.

I think this is dumbest, most discouraging idea Bungie has had yet if it's true. And even if it's not, it shows Bungie still has miles to go with their PR.

But bear this mind. I have all but one exotic armor piece. All but one exotic weapon. But 2/3s of players don't even have one exotic.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The right time to leave old exotics behind is when they make Destiny 2 and make major changes to the game and drop last gen.
Honestly it's either now or never. They already confirmed destiny --> destiny 2 characters are transferable. People will make even more of a stink if they can't transfer their shit to destiny 2.

Tovarisc

The RNG wheel they fixed?

Fixed? Have I missed some patch, or?

it seems sketchy, replies are non replies

cozmo is at the office now, someone should say something.

although judging by reaction maybe they weren't entirely ready to say?

If they sit on this until some Twitch stream that may or may not happen in next week this "news" will make major damage to TTK hypetrain and expectations. Get correct information out there NOW through official channels.

Let's keep playing with the same damn load out for 10 years. Sounds like fun.

How is this an argument?

If they did their job you will be mixing your loadout all over the place while still finding appropriate uses for your old stuff

And if you are unlucky enough to not have some of the old exotics you have mountains of alternatives

Throwing away choice is not the best option IMHO

Ophelion

How does Bungie keep screwing up with delivering this news? Seriously they need a PR person

Well, this doesn't seem like news that was meant to be delivered.

Truthfully, until I hear Deej, Cosmo or Luke freaking Smith say no old exotics, I don't believe it. This is a hysteria over rumors. I've seen no source of any repute.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I think this is dumbest, most discouraging idea Bungie has had yet if it's true. And even if it's not, it shows Bungie still has miles to go with their PR.

But bear this mind. I have all but one exotic armor piece. All but one exotic weapon. But 2/3s of players don't even have one exotic.

2/3s dont play the game.

zewone

How is this an argument?

If they did their job you will be mixing your loadout all over the place while still finding appropriate uses for your old stuff

And if you are unlucky enough to not have some of the old exotics you have mountains of alternatives

Throwing away choice is not the best option IMHO

The option to stop you from using the same overpowered gear is to create gear that is more OP? That's a slippery slope.

Bungie: "Everyone is upset about non upgradable exotics, so let's just obfuscate and not be clear, we don't want to hurt pre-order sales"

Let's be charitable. Lars isn't PR. It's more like "Argh. This is a big deal and we haven't covered upgrading exotics at all. I'm going to immediately call DeeJ/Urk/Cozmo and let them handle this."

That's the reaction I'd take if you weren't upgrading exotics or if you were, just haven't explained how yet.

2/3s dont play the game.

#dead

Redbox rentals and bulk of people playing one week and selling it like a lot of games. Doubt the active player base is that low of a percentage.

Top Bottom