• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Tovarisc

Wait wait can I still get a Hawkmoon on 9.16? I just have to start over?

Well, Jesus, who gives a fuck then. I thought they were erasing all those exotics.

Are you getting exotics, especially ones you want, at regular basis or do you just like idea of grinding RNG wheel from the beginning for next 12 months? In past 12 months I have gotten Hawkmoon drop once, with Ghorn been super lucky and gotten 3 etc. I'm not looking towards grinding Bungies RNG wheel again for weapons that I like and use as loot luck is shit for me.

You want vault space? Delete all your old shit lol

Didn't they mention in weekly update that they have exciting ways of adding vault space in works?

If this is true, I'm okay with it. Actually, I'm more than just okay with it, I support it. Getting cool new weapons to use and hunting for exotics was fun. I don't want to get a new exotic RL and have to see if it compares to Gjallerhorn. I'll leave the old ones in the vault, use them in regular PvP, and experience a whole new set of exotics for TTK PvE.

Well between this and how weapon power is being calculated

Plus augmentation form the new Light system

WHO THE FUCK KNOWS WHATS GOING ON

gatti-man

It's not like I won't keep playing destiny but damn those exotics are my memories of year one and several are brand fucking new :/ hopefully this isn't true.

All Bungie needs to do is create gear that is better than Year 1 and convince us that we don't need them anymore.

Can they outdo the FB, and GHORN? They are 0 - 2 right now.

while I agree working for new gear is fun, however it sucks that all the work I did in year one was just for year one.

Year two starts fresh.. so why even bother? just roll a new character. that isn't good for returning players of hardcore players AT ALL.

LiK

Are you getting exotics, especially ones you want, at regular basis or do you just like idea of grinding RNG wheel from the beginning for next 12 months? In past 12 months I have gotten Hawkmoon drop once, with Ghorn been super lucky and gotten 3 etc. I'm not looking towards grinding Bungies RNG wheel again for weapons that I like and use as loot luck is shit for me.

Didn't they mention in weekly update that they have exciting ways of adding vault space in works?

They're right tho. Deleting gear that took weeks/months to get is pretty exciting. ;)

ocean

Banned
Because their loot tables and RNG were terrible so some day 1 players only recently acquired coveted exotics. Some day 1 players still don't have them (PS4 Narmer Quest).

A lot of the outrage with this game still comes back to the terrible loot system.

It's a little more than that though. Imagine for a second that loot distribution actually made a little sense and all launch day guardians had all the armor relatively quickly.

Come TK, high-level PvE activities will require me to use endgame, max level gear, naturally. The fact that current Exotics won't meet this gear check, if this rumor is confirmed, would mean that I'd no longer have the Crest of Alpha Lupi for a clutch revive. No Celestial Nighthawk for some Gunslinger burst damage. Wanted a strategy involving a blinding St. 14 bubble? No longer possible. Wanted to stealth through a section with your Don't Touch Me or Khepri's? Sorry.

Before someone points out that you could still use FB in CE despite being lower attack etc., I think you understand my underlying point: Exotic armor pieces aren't inherently "better" than one another, they're just unique and open the possibility for unique, interesting strategies. Saying they'll still be available but at a lower defense stat ignores the fact that you'll want optimal load outs for the endgame content where such strats are actually meaningful.

I am confident the new Exotic armor pieces will be super interesting and open up new ways to play the game. Weapons are debatable, but both TDB and HoW brought great, interesting armor pieces - I'm sure TK won't be an exception. But removing 36 armor pieces, each of them absolutely unique and irreplaceable with new stuff, is a major blow to how we play.

If this ends up being true, it'll be by far the worse decision I can even hypothetically imagine them making for the game moving forward, and the first time I've been seriously disappointed and not just mildly upset by something not going exactly the way I'd have liked it.

True shame.

If this is true, I'm okay with it. Actually, I'm more than just okay with it, I support it. Getting cool new weapons to use and hunting for exotics was fun. I don't want to get a new exotic RL and have to see if it compares to Gjallerhorn. I'll leave the old ones in the vault, use them in regular PvP, and experience a whole new set of exotics for TTK PvE.

You realize exotics are still rare enough that most people have yet to even try them?

What they hell do we do with HOW exotics? Those are brand new

Lol gonna go to work while bungie figures out how to un-confuse us. If all of our current gear is obsolete and will be a yearly trend then that sucks...

LTWood12

It's a little more than that though. Imagine for a second that loot distribution actually made a little sense and all launch day guardians had all the armor relatively quickly.

Come TK, high-level PvE activities will require me to use endgame, max level gear, naturally. The fact that current Exotics won't meet this gear check, if this rumor is confirmed, would mean that I'd no longer have the Crest of Alpha Lupi for a clutch revive. No Celestial Nighthawk for some Gunslinger burst damage. Wanted a strategy involving a blinding St. 14 bubble? No longer possible. Wanted to stealth through a section with your Don't Touch Me or Khepri's? Sorry.

Before someone points out that you could still use FB in CE despite being lower attack etc., I think you understand my underlying point: Exotic armor pieces aren't inherently "better" than one another, they're just unique and open the possibility for unique, interesting strategies. Saying they'll still be available but at a lower defense stat ignores the fact that you'll want optimal load outs for the endgame content where such strats are actually meaningful.

I am confident the new Exotic armor pieces will be super interesting and open up new ways to play the game. Weapons are debatable, but both TDB and HoW brought great, interesting armor pieces - I'm sure TK won't be an exception. But removing 36 armor pieces, each of them absolutely unique and irreplaceable with new stuff, is a major blow to how we play.

If this ends up being true, it'll be by far the worse decision I can even hypothetically imagine them making for the game moving forward, and the first time I've been seriously disappointed and not just mildly upset by something not going exactly the way I'd have liked it.

True shame.

Excellent post

My thoughts exactly

Someone forward this to Bungie

Kyoufu

Lol gonna go to work while bungie figures out how to un-confuse us. If all of our current gear is obsolete and will be a yearly trend then that sucks...

I don't think so to be honest. Plenty of other loot-driven games do the same exact thing. You'll get new and better stuff. Everything will be OK!

hydruxo

From that Lars tweet I get the feeling that this is bullshit and people are misunderstanding what was said by someone at Gamescom. Pretty sure exotics are going to be upgradeable.

The RNG wheel they fixed?

I'm not going to react to all this assuming everything is going to work the way it does now when they've told is explicitly it won't. If on October 15th, it was clear they were full of shit during this whole promo promocess then Exotics will be the least of my concerns tbph idk rn

Ghallerhorn is at a point where if they didn't nerf it, it would still rival weapons being introduced in Year 2. What I don't get is why they're nerfing all the other weapons (Blackhammer, Icebreaker, TLW) if they're going to be obsolete regardless without the nerf.

I don't think they're going to keep increasing atk values into the stratosphere as the game goes on.

If Exotics are truly maxed at their current ATK values, they'll still kill everything just as fast as they do already for existing content. In newer content, the max ATK might even not be that much higher.

If they keep increasing ATK as they go, they'd eventually have to go through a stats squish to make everything sane again, much like long-running MMOs had to do. They may be trying to avoid doing this in the future.

They said the new whites would be stronger than out current legendaries which also have the same atk rating as our current exotics. I assume from this then that the new legendaries should have a significantly higher atk rating to the point where a new legendary rocket launcher could surpass an unupgraded gally.

The Black Hammer nerf makes sense only in that it can abuse the ammo economy in a way that it might not matter if it's severely underpowered.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
2zbIZMm.png

What's the new max attack rating in TTK?

300 ATK Horn still put in work.
I'm in the same place granted Ive had nearly all year one exotics for a while

Skele7on

Banned
the issue with loot games + mmo styles

Player gets gun shortly or after nerf feels hurt and rightly so, everyone should get to try something in it's glory.

The issue seems that multiple people heard same thing in same room it would seem.

True shame.

but what if you can still get these exotics post 9.15, you just have start from scratch (but with the main perk already unlocked).

Doesn't seem that bad.

zewone

the issue with loot games + mmo styles

Player gets gun shortly or after nerf feels hurt and rightly so, everyone should get to try something in it's glory.

I've played FFXIV and I don't remember them allowing me to upgrade my old loot to max level gear.

Juraash

Deej said they will answer a lot of questions on twitch when they get back to the US.

Kinda feel like they need to head this one off like... now.

I'm not married to any particular exotic, but it strikes me as odd if they are phasing year 1 exotic stuff out. If they drop in TTK with new stats it's pretty bs we can't upgrade ours. If they get left behind then that eliminates a bunch of potential playstyles. Also the balance changes seem mostly useless if they're going to get dusted anyways.

I feel like allowing exotics to be upgraded is the only correct choice here. The new ones should be interesting and totally different from what we have now, but all exotics should stay usable.

Why are we believing someone because he booked and underlined something? I'm out of the loop.

Also no weapon exotic upgrades sucks but I can deal with it, however no upgrading armor exotics completely baffles me.

LiK

From that Lars tweet I get the feeling that this is bullshit and people are misunderstanding what was said by someone at Gamescom. Pretty sure exotics are going to be upgradeable.

We'll see.

Not sure why we need to wait for a Twitch stream from DeeJ to clarify anything. Use the Twitter account.

Tovarisc

Deej said they will answer a lot of questions on twitch when they get back to the US.

Not sure letting this confusion stay around and not clear it up ASAP with e.g. Bungie.net article is good tactic. Internet is global, they should be able to get article up from Germany.

Top Bottom