• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Come TK, high-level PvE activities will require me to use endgame, max level gear, naturally.

We don't know much right now, but we do know that your gear won't determine your level. So you could still wear Nighthawk at max level, although you wouldn't be at max Light, whatever that means. It will somehow affect how powerful your character is. Currently your level is way more important than your Defense stat so who knows.

Right now we're stuck with all questions and no answers. Bungie seems to be stuck between wanting to hype an upcoming release and needing to actually finalize the development of that release. Deej can't give straight answers because the developers informing him haven't decided yet. At least that's what he said about the "new character level boost" item coming in TTK, and that seems way less important than Exotics.

vctor182

Hey guys remember when we first got word about HoW not having a Raid, and we didn't get answers right away so people freaked out, made silly bets and a day later we got a confirmation?

I'm getting the same vibes.

Well, this doesn't seem like news that was meant to be delivered.

Truthfully, until I hear Deej, Cosmo or Luke freaking Smith say no old exotics, I don't believe it. This is a hysteria over rumors. I've seen no source of any repute.

A good Chunk of year one exotics are not even old, rarely used (necro) and hell what is weaposn 2.0 even doing with them if they aren't going to be viable?

Something is missing

I think the new Light system is going to have a larger role on loadout options than we think

I imagine you could roll any number of weapons you want regardless of tier with the right amount of light buff?

Kyoufu

I think this is dumbest, most discouraging idea Bungie has had yet if it's true. And even if it's not, it shows Bungie still has miles to go with their PR.

But bear this mind. I have all but one exotic armor piece. All but one exotic weapon. But 2/3s of players don't even have one exotic.

2/3s must have shelved/returned/sold the game before reaching the appropriate level.

Anyone can buy an exotic from Xur. That's why Exotics aren't special whatsoever.

Fixed? Have I missed some patch, or?

If they sit on this until some Twitch stream that may or may not happen in next week this "news" will make major damage to TTK hypetrain and expectations. Get correct information out there NOW through official channels.

Which matters how? Honestly if they have a few days where people don't know what's going to happen but then explain it, it's before 9.15 so who cares? You can get pre order bonuses as late as 9.14 afternoon.

I just don't see the point of overreacting at this point at all. Even if they burn everything to the ground that Tuesday morning, just play the Destiny you love that they're killing today and enjoy it while you can.

We could all get hit by a Space Bus tomorrow anyway.

The past is passed, the future is unknown, that's why they call it the present. At least that's what I always tell people ever since I made it up myself many years ago because I'm super smart at writing.

The option to stop you from using the same overpowered gear is to create gear that is more OP? That's a slippery slope.

Its not about Overpowered gear

Thats addressed in the weapons patches they do like in 2.0

Its about having a broad variety of choices and tools to build your character with for multiple encounters

Ideally you would want a collection of unique perks and weapons to build between to have the right tool for the job

Lee

My furthest kill is 1,069 meters.

RETw334.jpg

At least 500 of those are my own tripmines...

GutZ31

Let's keep playing with the same damn load out for 10 years. Sounds like fun.

I think you mistake the first game as some sort of continued game that is meant to stay online for 10 years?

This is never going to happen.
Destiny is going to be a multi game series. Bungie already confirmed Destiny 2 was well under way.

The problem people are having with this info *if its true*, is that it would mean everything that was collected by people that have been playing for the past year is now worthless, or close to.

New content is always welcome, but you don't just tell everyone "oh, and all that gear you spent hours, days, weeks, months trying to get is going to have no real way of being used in the new content."

This is what we are shitposting about.

rNilla

Hey guys remember when we first got word about HoW not having a Raid, and we didn't get answers right away so people freaked out, made silly bets and a day later we got a confirmation?

I'm getting the same vibes.

I'll delete all three of my characters if---nah, that's silly.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
How is this an argument?

If they did their job you will be mixing your loadout all over the place while still finding appropriate uses for your old stuff

And if you are unlucky enough to not have some of the old exotics you have mountains of alternatives

Throwing away choice is not the best option IMHO
They have explicit OP gear so there really is no other option if you want to be successful or competitive. Either they nerf specific guns or they nerf all guns making way for new guns. They need to nerf some exotics to keep vanilla crucible competitive which they are. No one uses the new exotics. Everyone uses similar load outs. If they don't do this people will continue to cling to the same weapons unless they introduce even more OP gear than we already have. This is the right choice. You say to give us options when right now we don't have any due to several guns already being OP.

Tovarisc

Plus someone tweeted it without full detail or confirmation, just like CNN.

Then they shouldn't have kept Live Q&A sessions with "non native speakers because misunderstandings may and will happen" as Lars implied while not saying anything for or against on issue.

I guess I'll be an apologist, but what if the information that you can't upgrade Year 1 exotics was a misunderstanding? If that turns out to be the case, I think it's kind of unfair to ask Bungie to immediately put out fires that they had no fault in setting. The spread of misinformation isn't something you can put on them.

Maybe some of the people we want answers from don't even know the answers, or maybe they need clearance before they can clarify that information if they didn't plan on revealing it at this stage.

I don't know the particulars, but I think it's kind of bullshit IF what we have is a case of the community going berserk over false information then holding it against Bungie for not mollifying everyone immediately.

Will try to grab as many shader codes as I can. All the staff recognise me now :p

PS: I also have a green engram replica :)

Can you use the short range teleport thing during the super and tell me how it is? (If it's even available in the demo).

All subclasses were only partially leveled up.

Lnkn52

Then they shouldn't have kept Live Q&A sessions with "non native speakers because misunderstandings may and will happen" as Lars implied while not saying anything for or against on issue.

I would not trust a tweet until confirmed from Bungie. #Simple

Back in Destiny queue. Will play stormcaller now.

Also will have at least 2 blacksmith shaders to give out. ;)

Stormcaller looks so awesome that Warlock might be viable now :p

But seriously, when the super is activated, you look like a fucking Sith Lord! Cant wait to hear how you liked it, Ruthless.

Also you gonna do a raffle for them shaders? :)

Back in Destiny queue. Will play stormcaller now.

Also will have at least 2 blacksmith shaders to give out. ;)

I've been annoying Ikkarus and Bitsurugi all day with my Blacksmith Hunter in Salvage.

Stormcaller looks so awesome that Warlock might be viable now :p

But seriously, when the super is activated, you look like a fucking Sith Lord! Cant wait to hear how you liked it, Ruthless.

Also you gonna do a raffle for them shaders? :)

Played as a Stormcaller yesterday and I can tell you: it's all what I hoped for. And that's just with the first two rows of upgrades unlocked.

They have explicit OP gear so there really is no other option if you want to be successful or competitive. Either they nerf specific guns or they nerf all guns making way for new guns. They need to nerf some exotics to keep vanilla crucible competitive which they are. No one uses the new exotics. Everyone uses similar load outs. If they don't do this people will continue to cling to the same weapons unless they introduce even more OP gear than we already have. This is the right choice. You say to give us options when right now we don't have any due to several guns already being OP.

Thats what the weapons updates are for then!

You dont need to throw away unique items to fix these issues and the weapons 2.0 update specifically calls this out

They say in that update they want to encourage the use of many guns but now they are gonna throw them out?

rNilla

I don't know the particulars, but I think it's kind of bullshit IF what we have is a case of the community going berserk over false information then holding it against Bungie for not mollifying everyone immediately.

TTK isn't out for over a month still. We know there will be a stream in the near future that will hopefully answer a lot of questions. We can and should just wait it out (but I know it's annoying---internet immediate gratification and all).

I think Bungie likes to fuck with the community and see the outrage and pandemonium after they say something major and then don't back it up. Maybe Deej likes to keep us on our feet.

I personally think they wouldn't just let our year one exotics die but who knows this is their game...

If this is true about year one exotics not being upgradable then i will be bummed. I just got my Hawkmoon not even a month ago :(

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I think you mistake the first game as some sort of continued game that is meant to stay online for 10 years?

This is never going to happen.
Destiny is going to be a multi game series. Bungie already confirmed Destiny 2 was well under way.

The problem people are having with this info *if its true*, is that it would mean everything that was collected by people that have been playing for the past year is now worthless, or close to.

New content is always welcome, but you don't just tell everyone "oh, and all that gear you spent hours, days, weeks, months trying to get is going to have no real way of being used in the new content."

This is what we are shitposting about.
Saw that nice comment before the edit!

Also, the gear is not worthless. It's still viable going forward in vanilla pvp.

There's no reason why they can't bring back the weapons in the future. As you stated yourself destiny is a multiple game series so it's always evolving. You've been playing the game a year just as I have so you know most of the hardcore community use the same load outs. This is a very good choice for us veteran players to actually try something new for a change, but that'll never happen if we continue to use the same guns. We've had that option with db and how and we're still using the same guns so why give us an option anymore when it's proven the community can't move on.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Thats what the weapons updates are for then!

You dont need to throw away unique items to fix these issues and the weapons 2.0 update specifically calls this out

They say in that update they want to encourage the use of many guns but now they are gonna throw them out?
The thing is (and I don't know for sure) but even if they needed thorn, lw, gally but they were still upgradable I feel like people would still be rocking them. Obviously my own speculation. Also like I said in my other post destiny is always changing so no reason they can't change their mind. I think this will be refreshing for a series where everyone is always complaining about it being so samey.

Would be a bit weird if they did all that work on old exotics just for regular Crucible and also would be kind of a big insult to people who play it, like "Hey, we're protecting our missions and raids from the OP weapons but you nerds can still get shot by the old OP stuff all day!" Just a weird decision and I won't say anymore until it gets cleared up.

Also probably way too late to the Blacksmith train, but if someone could get me one, that'd be great. I'd rather not make my personal problems public but I have a lot to deal with in the near future and finally getting this damn shader before I might have to take a break for a while would be nice.

rc213

They just need to come out and say it. They can't get their heads out of their asses on the vault issue so they just going to make everything useless so you delete everything. Vault issues solved!

Can't wait for the new Gjallahorn with Shank Burn that will take another couple months for their janky rng loot system to drop. Yay!

Top Bottom