• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

phen0m24

While my initial gut reaction is similar to many flaming hammer throwers, maybe it's not so bad. I mean part of what makes this community so unbelievably great is how we help out.

Hawkian breaks down builds for PvE and pvp, knowing not everyone has a Horn.

Drizzy breaks down strats like Crota and how many times has he said "You can shield break with primaries..."

We figured out the best way to do hm Crota and those with gear stepped up to help those without. We work together, we figure out the obstacles and we move forward. Heck the new stuff might make our old gear look like turd sandwiches, we don't even know yet. The enemies look tougher so maybe we need a new stick or 12 to whack them with.

I for one welcome our new Hakke overlords. ;)
My Auto rifle WILL have Wolfpack rounds and tracking bullets.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Lol there is no list.

First 2 gaffers to visit me in Australia will get it :p

tumblr_inline_mhiwuiki6x1qz4rgp.gif

What is this I'm hearing about not being able to upgrade my exotics?

Are they just gonna become useless?

Please don`t tell me they want me to grind another Ghorn... Seriously, I won't do it.

Hyun Sai

You've been playing the game a year just as I have so you know most of the hardcore community use the same load outs. This is a very good choice for us veteran players to actually try something new for a change, but that'll never happen if we continue to use the same guns. We've had that option with db and how and we're still using the same guns so why give us an option anymore when it's proven the community can't move on.

That is not true. Loadouts have evolved since the beginning of year one.

With TDB, people added Black Hammer, Fang or Ir Ut, Word of Crota, Hunger of Crota... to their loadouts.

With HoW, They added Her benevolence, Shadow of Veils, The Messenger, Hopscotch Pilgrim, Matador, Party Crasher...

People change their loadouts if GOOD weapons are added to the pool. That much is proved after nearly one year. So the "can't move on" is utterly false.

kiguel182

Happy to see the Last Word on sale today. Alt ought I'm not sure I have enough coins, will need to check that out.

And making all exotics obsolete is a shame. I'm all for new weapons and for the focus to be on that but grinding for a weapon just so it's outclassed a couple of months before is not a good move.

Still, the grind for weapons and armour is what keeps the game moving so replacing them for shinny new toys is the way to go I guess.

GutZ31

Saw that nice comment before the edit!

Also, the gear is not worthless. It's still viable going forward in vanilla pvp.

There's no reason why they can't bring back the weapons in the future. As you stated yourself destiny is a multiple game series so it's always evolving. You've been playing the game a year just as I have so you know most of the hardcore community use the same load outs. This is a very good choice for us veteran players to actually try something new for a change, but that'll never happen if we continue to use the same guns. We've had that option with db and how and we're still using the same guns so why give us an option anymore when it's proven the community can't move on.

Nah, people aren't changing their loadouts not because they are stuck in their ways.
Bungie has not created enough compelling weapons/armors for each new expansion that made people want to use different loadouts completely.

But if I could get something creative to replace fatebringer with some crazy perk that puts firefly to shame, I would be much more likely to bite.

Hell, a legendary raid/poe/ToO should have had wolf pack rounds to combat gjallarhorn craze.

Everything should have an elemental polar opposite with a perk that complements its element.

But so far, we have been given a very small set of good weapons that we know do the job.

We get a ton new with TTK, but that doesn't mean they are going to be up to the spoiled standards we have been treated to with some of the first guns we acquired.

I have a trip planned already for April 2016 :p

There will be hundreds of new shaders by then :)

That's more expensive than eBay!

Take a boat. Refugees are welcome here :p

Add me to the list!!!

Edit: Australia? Forget it :p

Haha okay..

Can I send my Sidney neice to claim it for me?

Or Adelaide one? :)

Sure why not.

And risk being pummeled to death by a boxing kangaroo while a dingo eats my baby? No thank you.

Actually I've been to Australia before, many years ago. It was awesome, New Zealand too.

Best answer so far ;)

And risk being pummeled to death by a boxing kangaroo while a dingo eats my baby? No thank you.

Actually I've been to Australia before, many years ago. It was awesome, New Zealand too.

New Zealand is better than Australia, but it's basically part of Australia so I guess it can't really be better
~(‾⌣‾~)

But seriously Australia seems like a scary place. No thank you.

Any kind soul down to run me through the weekly heroic on level 30? I need a few more strange coins for xur to get my gun and my alt character isn't up to par yet. Only level 27. I'm on ps4.

purg3

slept with Malkin
For those few of you at gamescom playing, how bad are hand cannons now? Also how are the auto rifles, are they competitive again?

Wait wait wait. Why would they be nerfing some of the exotics in the upcoming weapon balance if they were going to be obsolete? I don't know if I buy this.

What about Light Beyond Nemesis, Chest of Alpha Lupi, and whatever the titan version is. These are fundamental exotics at least in my opinion. Wouldn't make sense for something like those to just not be viable anymore.

I'm holding on hope that this is either a misunderstanding or if true that Bungie will change their minds.

dB Viper

I really hope ARs are back as the new PvP meta. Loved it when SUROS, Shadow Price, Grim Citizen, etc were all viable and in the mix....Oh, and when TTK wasn't 0.00005 seconds as it is now with TLW.

For those few of you at gamescom playing, how bad are hand cannons now? Also how are the auto rifles, are they competitive again?

We only had access to one Hand Cannon, I believe it was manufactured by Hakke. We weren't impressed by it. I didn't try out the auto rifle but the Suros pulse rifle was great. Four burst per trigger pull each doing 27 precision damage, meaning a two burst kill.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That is not true. Loadouts have evolved since the beginning of year one.

With TDB, people added Black Hammer, Fang or Ir Ut, Word of Crota, Hunger of Crota... to their loadouts.

With HoW, They added Her benevolence, Shadow of Veils, The Messenger, Hopscotch Pilgrim, Matador, Party Crasher...

People change their loadouts if GOOD weapons are added to the pool. That much is proved after nearly one year. So the "can't move on" is utterly false.
yeah but we're talking about exotics here. Don't bring up my legendaries ={. Look I'm not saying I agree with the decision but I get it, from their viewpoint it makes sense. They want the game to progress, evolve and change. Keeping our old shit is going to stunt that growth. We constantly argue with gaming about options in destiny versus choices bungie makes for us. I think this is necessary for the evolution of the series.

Nah, people aren't changing their loadouts not because they are stuck in their ways.
Bungie has not created enough compelling weapons/armors for each new expansion that made people want to use different loadouts completely.

But if I could get something creative to replace fatebringer with some crazy perk that puts firefly to shame, I would be much more likely to bite.

Hell, a legendary raid/poe/ToO should have had wolf pack rounds to combat gjallarhorn craze.

Everything should have an elemental polar opposite with a perk that complements its element.

But so far, we have been given a very small set of good weapons that we know do the job.

We get a ton new with TTK, but that doesn't mean they are going to be up to the spoiled standards we have been treated to with some of the first guns we acquired.
So your solution is to undermine current over powered weaponry with new overpowered weaponry. That's more or less the same thing for all intents and purposes isn't it. People are just mad because the weapons they've worked on are no longer viable in pve

Top Bottom