• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

What about Light Beyond Nemesis, Chest of Alpha Lupi, and whatever the titan version is. These are fundamental exotics at least in my opinion. Wouldn't make sense for something like those to just not be viable anymore.

I'm holding on hope that this is either a misunderstanding or if true that Bungie will change their minds.

Armors get off easy either way now that we have a new light system

The perks will take precedence over raw defense in my mind

Tecnniqe

Banned
Well, thanks game, giving me a 2nd Voidfang today. Xur sucks :D
CL0kDNpUEAAn0JM.jpg:large

SonComet

You already paid for it.

Let's all calm down everyone. Do you really want to play with the same old gear forever?
No, but I don't want to have to re-find my old exotics to have the new defense and attack ratings. That's some BS.

I'll call Sony and see if they can do anything later. Otherwise it's just another life lesson.

E92 M3

Thank you for the wishes guys! My mom is on the ventilator post surgery. Hopefully comes off soon.

In other news, exotic stuff is a bit discouraging and please put me in for blacksmith shader contest. Destiny is the only thing that's keeping me sane.

EJ I played with the Suros pulse rifle and sidearm (the silencer one) earlier. Both were amazing. Even the Suros SR felt great.

Suros is the way to go!

Told you the pulse rifle was amazing, wanted to try out the scout rifle but it was too good to switch. Poor Phaethon has to change the name of his clan again.

purg3

slept with Malkin
The hand cannon they have allowed is pretty lame. Auto rifle is nice.

cool, thanks. What has been your preferred weapon of choice so far? Anything stand out?

We only had access to one Hand Cannon, I believe it was manufactured by Hakke. We weren't impressed by it. I didn't try out the auto rifle but the Suros pulse rifle was great. Four burst per trigger pull each doing 27 precision damage, meaning a two burst kill.

That sounds awesome. has anyone put up detailed impressions of pvp here, the thread moves super fast and there's been a lot of discussion with all the other news the past few days.

Armors get off easy either way now that we have a new light system

The perks will take precedence over raw defense in my mind
From what I understand nothing actually changes with the light system, is just an illusion so confused sheep can hit the max level and feel good about themselves when in actuality certain missions still have recommended light value.

Honestly, this community should be better than this. It is insane to be holding a tweet that most likely contained false information against Bungie right now.

Suros: a trusted brand name since Vanilla.

Yup.

Told you the pulse rifle was amazing, wanted to try out the scout rifle but it was too good to switch. Poor Phaethon has to change the name of his clan again.

Didn't you have the hakke pulse? Suros pulse is way better. The sights are so good.

cool, thanks. What has been your preferred weapon of choice so far? Anything stand out?

Suros everything effort except the rocket launcher.

From what I understand nothing actually changes with the light system, is just an illusion so confused sheep can hit the max level and feel good about themselves when in actuality certain missions still have recommended light value.

Yeah but the damage you take at lvl 40 against lvl 40 enemies is static. Light might reduce it but you could still run around with old armor I imagine

Hyun Sai

yeah but we're talking about exotics here. Don't bring up my legendaries ={. Look I'm not saying I agree with the decision but I get it, from their viewpoint it makes sense. They want the game to progress, evolve and change. Keeping our old shit is going to stunt that growth. We constantly argue with gaming about options in destiny versus choices bungie makes for us. I think this is necessary for the evolution of the series.

Nah, you were saying people won't change. They do. They were able to bring interesting legendaries to the pool, their job is to do the same with Exotics. Don't blame the players for Bungie decision of making new exotics less powerful than basic legendaries and accuse the players to not "move on".

Ophelion

Yeah but the damage you take at lvl 40 against lvl 40 enemies is static. Light might reduce it but you could still run around with old armor I imagine

Exactly. From the way I've heard it described, if you wanted to raid Oryx with year one gear for extra challenge, your fireteam could totally do that. If you want to get anywhere on DestinyLFG though, you'll need to be hitting recommended light.

Exactly. From the way I've heard it described, if you wanted to raid Oryx with year one gear for extra challenge, your fireteam could totally do that. If you want to get anywhere on DestinyLFG though, you'll need to be hitting recommended light.

Confirmed: DestinyLFG is the real endgame content.

Hey everyone, first post for me as far as DGAF goes. I was just wondering if there was any consensus on whether one should raid on normal and then hard or if theres no use to play normal at all.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Nah, you were saying people won't change. They do. They were able to bring interesting legendaries to the pool, their job is to do the same with Exotics. Don't blame the players for Bungie decision of making new exotics less powerful than basic legendaries and accuse the players to not "move on".
But that leaves them with the choice of making new overpowered exotics later (eventually needing to nerf them considerably)

Or

Starting from scratch and finding that sweet spot of Better than legendaries but not too OP like thorn and ghally.

My point is they're trying to get away from the same mistakes made in the first two dlc where they had to make shitty exotics and better legendaries to compensate for their og OP exotics. I'm not blaming the playerbase, it is bungies fault that they haven't balanced these weapons, but the only way I can see to fix this is to start from scratch.

I guess it will remain to be seen how dramatic light level alters performance in the new update as opposed to level.

And we dont know what the largest contributers to light level will be now that even ghost shells have it

Shito

Hey everyone, first post for me as far as DGAF goes. I was just wondering if there was any consensus on whether one should raid on normal and then hard or if theres no use to play normal at all.
Do normal first.
Hard mode means that you can't revive your teammates, so if you die (which will happen if you don't know the mechanics) you would be stuck watching other people clear the phase until the next checkpoint. Not very fun.

Klyka

Banned
Any PoE 33 planned later today? Wouldn't mind doing that :)

My PSN is Klyka1, I'll be online this evening. (evening being EU)

Deku Tree

Eh. If the tweet was false then Bungie and Deej and Lars and Cozmo, or at least one of them could have simply said "that's wrong and we will be releasing more information later. Our TTK info dump release schedule will be announced next week. "

The fact that Lars couldn't bring himself to say "that's wrong" and the Cryptarchs posts makes me think the tweet was more right than wrong and we are going to find out more next week.

If we are leaving all our old gear behind that's one thing and I'm OK with it especially if they are fixing the loot systems and if I know will have a clear path to get what I want without relying on brutal RNG. If they will ask me to RNG all new copies of the same old exotics then I'm not doing that no way.

Top Bottom