• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Hyun Sai

But that leaves them with the choice of making new overpowered exotics later (eventually needing to nerf them considerably)

Or

Starting from scratch and finding that sweet spot of Better than legendaries but not too OP like thorn and ghally.

My point is they're trying to get away from the same mistakes made in the first two dlc where they had to make shitty exotics and better legendaries to compensate for their og OP exotics. I'm not blaming the playerbase, it is bungies fault that they haven't balanced these weapons, but the only way I can see to fix this is to start from scratch.

I get what you're saying, but there is another way to fix this like you said, it's proper balancing like they intend to to with 2.0.

If they want us to start from scratch in September, they just admit they're incompetent.

Lothars

Hey everyone, first post for me as far as DGAF goes. I was just wondering if there was any consensus on whether one should raid on normal and then hard or if theres no use to play normal at all.
I think it's also worth it to do normal to learn the mechanics and get use to the raid for vault of glass, you can start on hard because it just means double drops but I would still do normal first to get use to the raid.

Crota definitely do normal for the drops since they are different than hard.

zewone

Hey everyone, first post for me as far as DGAF goes. I was just wondering if there was any consensus on whether one should raid on normal and then hard or if theres no use to play normal at all.

If you're looking to save time, it's best to just do Hard to get 2 rolls in 1 trip.

I would only recommend Normal if you're looking for something that specifically only drops in Normal.

Shito

I won't relax until she can breath on her own, but doctors don't seem too worried. Still very much nervous.
Even when I got my mom talking to me on the phone last Sunday when the same thing happened to her I was still worried, so I understand fully.
Heck, even today I'm still somewhat worried, but it slowly disappears with each day.
I'm not a prayer type of guy, but I'm sending you good vibes to you two. :)

Tovarisc

Eh. If the tweet was false then Bungie and Deej and Lars and Cozmo, or at least one of them could have simply said "that's wrong and we will be releasing more information later. Our TTK info dump release schedule will be announced next week. "

The fact that Lars couldn't bring himself to say "that's wrong" and the Cryptarchs posts makes me think the tweet was more right than wrong and we are going to find out more next week.

If we are leaving all our old gear behind that's one thing and I'm OK with it especially if they are fixing the loot systems and if I know will have a clear path to get what I want without relying on brutal RNG. If they will ask me to RNG all new copies of the same old exotics then I'm not doing that no way.

You know they will ask you to trust in their RNG system and that they won't provide us with static loot tables for anything to enable gear farming like MMO's tend to do.

Axoman

Eh. If the tweet was false then Bungie and Deej and Lars and Cozmo, or at least one of them could have simply said "that's wrong and we will be releasing more information later. Our TTK info dump release schedule will be announced next week. "

The fact that Lars couldn't bring himself to say "that's wrong" and the Cryptarchs posts makes me think the tweet was more right than wrong and we are going to find out more next week.

If we are leaving all our old gear behind that's one thing and I'm OK with it especially if they are fixing the loot systems and if I know will have a clear path to get what I want without relying on brutal RNG. If they will ask me to RNG all new copies of the same old exotics then I'm not doing that no way.

I agree.

Lothars

That's where my issue is, now I have to leave it to RNG to get the exotics back and any of my existing exotics will be useless? it's nonsense and really sours me on the way they are handling it.

Okay I'll make it easier. Since I'm in Europe, the first 2 gaffers to meet me here will get the blacksmith shaders :)

I'm in Cologne till noon tomorrow. Then Belgium, Netherlands and the UK ;)

E92 M3

Even when I got my mom talking to me on the phone last Sunday when the same thing happened to her I was still worried, so I understand fully.
Heck, even today I'm still somewhat worried, but it slowly disappears with each day.
I'm not a prayer type of guy, but I'm sending you good vibes to you two. :)

Thank you! Destiny and exotic drama has been a great distraction.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I see what you're saying, but there is another way to fix this like you said, it's proper balancing like they intend to to with 2.0.

If they want us to start from scratch in September, they just admit they're incompetent.
Lol I mean they've admitted this plenty of times but I think the majority of us forgave them because we understood what we were getting into and that the game would be constantly changing (hopefully for the better) anyways I'm done harping on a rumor. Let's wait and see how it goes a month after release (my birthday 10/15 =})

Skele7on

Banned
A lot more of the guns are quest/bounty done this time.

I'm trying to get info it's just bloody hard everyone is a clam.

Including all news site people that I speak to often which is weird

A lot more of the guns are quest/bounty done this time.

I'm trying to get info it's just bloody hard everyone is a clam.

Including all news site people that I speak to often which is weird

Doesnt GI have another segment planned today?

When should we expect that to hit?

Thanks sparrow, you kick ass!

No problem.

Also, guys, I tweeted Bungie that the raid 1000% DOESN'T HAVE CHECKPOINTS

They just told me there is a lot of misinformation out there, so that's not a denial. I can't believe they won't just say it's false if it's false. Let's start a petition to get checkpoints into the new raid.

Exotics being discontinued is a bit odd considering MC, Hawkmoon and 4th.

Or that Legendaries were specifically called out

Or Balance changes in weapons 2.0

Or the many Exotics are still damn fresh (Lord of Wolves etc..)

Pretty sure there is something else going on here

Deku Tree

No problem.

They just told me there is a lot of misinformation out there, so that's not a denial. I can't believe they won't just say it's false if it's false. Let's start a petition to get checkpoints into the new raid.

I get what your saying but IIRC the Cryptarch told us that he talked to two people in the audience who said that they heard it. Put that in your sarcasm somewhere too.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
No problem.

Wait what? Boooo this man.

Daemul

If they will ask me to RNG all new copies of the same old exotics then I'm not doing that no way.

I swear to fucking god, if this is what they're planning than I'm bailing and joining the haters. Fuck that shit.

This rumor better be 10000000000% false.

Kyne

Their new algorithm that's being put in place to make sure we have an easier time getting exotics is a cushion for the inevitable announcement that says we'll need to seek out upgraded versions of our already collected exotics.

Believe it.

Top Bottom