• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

lt519

They wouldn't of released plans for balancing of exotics if they were going to force us to leave them behind. I just don't see that happening, either way I'm in though. I'll enjoy the refresh. Other games embrace this type of refresh in the form of season's and its pretty fun

Edit: news from byf, the Destiny community is to into the game for its own good sometimes, rampant freak outs and a resistance to change isn't healthy

EloquentM

aka Mannny
They wouldn't of released plans for balancing of exotics if they were going to force us to leave them behind. I just don't see that happening, either way I'm in though. I'll enjoy the refresh. Other games embrace this type of refresh in the form of season's and its pretty fun
This is true.

LiK

why can't they just be clear about this? either we can upgrade or we can't. even if they needed to verify the upgrade method, they can let us know details will come later. seems like everything they say has to go through red tape.

X-Frame

So Lars told this guy what was up, but couldn't come right out and say it in his own tweet? Still skeptical. Sounds like this guy is trying to read between the lines without true confirmation.

Exactly. I'm curious as to why someone from Bungie, even back at HQ hasn't already tweeted something to confirm/deny this. It's 11 AM at Bungie HQ now.

LTWood12

So Lars told this guy what was up, but couldn't come right out and say it in his own tweet? Still skeptical. Sounds like this guy is trying to read between the lines without true confirmation.

I saw that. It's possible. But Byf is just putting out his interpretation of what Lars said. He's not a source of new info. Byf is a streamer and a youtuber not a Bungie employee.

https://twitter.com/InsideDestiny/status/629712937888911360

"it was confirmed by Lars Bakken." I doubt he'd roll the dice on his credibility by trying to interpret what Lars said. Sounds like Lars told him it was flat out false. I understand the skepticism though.

Oh well, I tried but only have 2 spare blacksmith shaders.

Got to play the stormcaller. It's definitely fun to play but I don't like the super, the charge time between shots is way too long. Got rekt by solar titans.

The new arc nade is good. Jump still feels like ass. Melee had slightly more range.

Ophelion

Got to play the stormcaller. It's definitely fun to play but I don't like the super, the charge time between shots is way too long. Got rekt by solar titans.

The new arc nade is good. Jump still feels like ass. Melee had slightly more range.

How good? What's it like?

https://twitter.com/InsideDestiny/status/629712937888911360

"it was confirmed by Lars Bakken." I doubt he'd roll the dice on his credibility by trying to interpret what Lars said. Sounds like Lars told him it was flat out false. I understand the skepticism though.

Could be, just every time this kind of thing comes up, they're like "It's not exactly that way, see, this, this, and this is why we have to do what we do". And then it ends up being exactly the way we thought it would be.

What's the consensus on dismantling old legendary weapons?

My fault is full of them and I dont know if I should just start cleaning up.

I would to normal first

Do normal first.
Hard mode means that you can't revive your teammates, so if you die (which will happen if you don't know the mechanics) you would be stuck watching other people clear the phase until the next checkpoint. Not very fun.

I think it's also worth it to do normal to learn the mechanics and get use to the raid for vault of glass, you can start on hard because it just means double drops but I would still do normal first to get use to the raid.

Crota definitely do normal for the drops since they are different than hard.

If you're looking to save time, it's best to just do Hard to get 2 rolls in 1 trip.

I would only recommend Normal if you're looking for something that specifically only drops in Normal.

Sorry if anyone misunderstood, I should have clarified I was speaking of drops specifically. But yeah getting double drops doing only hard is the answer I was looking for, thank you!

noomi

Didn't they just steal nades from other classes? The Warlock gets the titans lightning granade now?

Ophelion

Supposedly there will be some kind of system where you can sacrifice weapons that will make old legendaries a kind of crafting commodity maybe? So, if you can I'd hold off for a little bit till we know more.

X-Frame

Doesn't Storm Trance chain to 3 extra enemies though? That seems like it would have crazy AOE potential just during the first pulse, and you can move around and shoot again.

Were you playing Mayhem though? I can only imagine that when Solar Titans can constantly be in super it'll be frustrating.

ocean

Banned

If your Vault is full there's probably very little left as of now that you want and need to make room for. In the next 5 weeks everything will be explained so you might as well hang on to your stuff.

Namikaze1

So after trying out all 3, Sunbreaker is your favorite right? :)

Ryck

Just redeemed a 12 month PS Plus card. Just realized I still had a month left, will it add to the month or start from today?

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
where's the video at?

I'll probably make another one as the weekend passes. The last one was from literally last trials weekend. Everything in that clip besides one thing was that trials weekend.

Ophelion

It chains arc lightning. Good for choke points.

That sounds delicious. I love the Striker's lightning grenade. Can't wait to have something like it for my Warlock. The new melee sounds great too.

Honestly, if the new super is just Ok, I'll be fine with that given what I've heard about everything else with the Stormcaller. It looks cool as hell anyway. At least I'll look rad as hell when I'm getting wiped out by flaming hammers.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Good job arc jewel man! Looked like you guys were cruising. :)

Taeshi you could kill them throwing rocks. How many snipes did you get? Lol awesome

Dunno, lol. I tried to kill a guy with the rocket launcher, and it hit for 179 or something like that. Was kind of funny.

Top Bottom