• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Downloafins dewtibey again. God,.I'm so fucking frunk my balance is so impaired that it would be better if I slept at the couch. But at least I am not crying. Auto sperl checked makes this look better than I am actually writing this time I will try to be more social instead of playing with randoms all the time like last time, and avoid Crucible unless it with friends for a good time. I wish I could afford to be drunk all the time. Once rage is gone just pain and fried remains. It's too cruel to die like that. Rum luckily dampens my emotions a bit.

So that drunk iron banner I keep hearing about, is it actually played drunk? I miss you
Don't do it, not worth it. This game seems to have taken quite a toll on you last time.

Blunoise

Sitting with the enemy(?)

Losing pretty bad. Teammates stunk so bad I couldn't keep up. So I eventually waved at the other team calling them off. They stopped attacking me and I went to go sit down and one came to sit with me at the end. Idk kinda cool ^_^
Haha you should had knife him/her.

Lol
Naw that's actually cool of you two.

hydruxo

Downloafins dewtibey again. God,.I'm so fucking frunk my balance is so impaired that it would be better if I slept at the couch. But at least I am not crying. Auto sperl checked makes this look better than I am actually writing this time I will try to be more social instead of playing with randoms all the time like last time, and avoid Crucible unless it with friends for a good time. I wish I could afford to be drunk all the time. Once rage is gone just pain and fried remains. It's too cruel to die like that. Rum luckily dampens my emotions a bit.

So that drunk iron banner I keep hearing about, is it actually played drunk? I miss you

Dewtibey: Deh Tekn Kang

Silvard

Alright guys so I'm back in the game I think, thanks to you I have some idea of what's going on, I got my Warlock to 32 by upgrading my heart and buying vanguard pieces with marks. I did both TDB and How quest chains (and did PoE 28) but what do I do now? How do I get to 34? How do I get the rest of my characters to 32 as well, in a reasonable amount of time that is. I really do want to complete my triumphs before it's too late.

X-Frame

The Speaker no longer does material exchange? Am I bugging out or didn't he used to be able to do this when HoW launched?

Me: Warlock, 34
Armor: Most Warlock exotics fully levelled, often run Voidbomber build (Obsidian Mind, giving you Nova Bomb reload on previous NB kills)
Guns: Fatebringer, Found Verdict, Vex, Suros, Icebreaker, Thorn, Gjallahorn - heaps and heaps of options
My regular teammates: Titan, 34 and Hunter, 34. Both in similar situations. Hunter has Gjally. Titan is our least death-prone player, has everything levelled.

The situation: We have tried Level 35 Prison of Elders for 28 nights running. At first, it was the Cabal. Now we spec to fuck them up and we do them without a wipe most times. Then, the Fallen slowed us down. So we popped a blinding-bubble on the door where the target comes out and.. we spec to fuck them up. Fallen boss ball hasn't ever troubled us.

But now with Lightswitch on Skolas? We barely make it to the second phase, and wipe every night six-seven times before giving up. Captains fuck us up every time.

My question: Is there something I can do? Maybe keep buying Fallen-themed stuff from armor cores to get all those boosts? Should we break up the team, try to do it with harder core players, then come back together?

I'm close to tears.

X-Frame

Another question, are Weapon Telemetries worth it now that the time it takes to upgrade weapons is drastically lower than vanilla weapons?

It seems like they just take of my inventory space now and I can't delete them.

Kyne

But Deej also promised players that their favorite weapons won't become irrelevant after the expansion launches. He said that there are still plenty of situations where they can be used effectively. "If you love your Fatebringer, there are still a lot of great places you can use it," he stated. "In normalized Crucible [competitive multiplayer], where power is on an equal playing field, your Fatebringer is still going to be a force to be reckoned with.

tumblr_m3q0ry8etc1qlvkzlo1_500.jpg

ocean

Banned
Me: Warlock, 34
Armor: Most Warlock exotics fully levelled, often run Voidbomber build (Obsidian Mind, giving you Nova Bomb reload on previous NB kills)
Guns: Fatebringer, Found Verdict, Vex, Suros, Icebreaker, Thorn, Gjallahorn - heaps and heaps of options
My regular teammates: Titan, 34 and Hunter, 34. Both in similar situations. Hunter has Gjally. Titan is our least death-prone player, has everything levelled.

The situation: We have tried Level 35 Prison of Elders for 28 nights running. At first, it was the Cabal. Now we spec to fuck them up and we do them without a wipe most times. Then, the Fallen slowed us down. So we popped a blinding-bubble on the door where the target comes out and.. we spec to fuck them up. Fallen boss ball hasn't ever troubled us.

But now with Lightswitch on Skolas? We barely make it to the second phase, and wipe every night six-seven times before giving up. Captains fuck us up every time.

My question: Is there something I can do? Maybe keep buying Fallen-themed stuff from armor cores to get all those boosts? Should we break up the team, try to do it with harder core players, then come back together?

I'm close to tears.
Lightswitch Small Arms is significantly harder. But since you've been trying for weeks, it seems you've failed with the easier modifiers too.

I'd suggest you try running it with Boguester - he's extremely freaking good but also an excellent instructor with a chill attitude. He can run you guys through it.

If you're having trouble at Skolas, chances are you're failing at one of these elements of the fight:

1. Rotation. You can't camp a side of the room. You just don't have the firepower with 3 people to stick it out on one side, between the amount of ads and Skolas' crazy splash damage (even worse with Teleporting melee Captains who can one shot you, and Small Arms nerfing your Special and Heavy weapon damage so significantly). You need to be able to quickly recognize when it's time to rush over to the other side of the room.

2. Pacing DPS. Mines and the de buff will trigger upon a certain amount of damage being dealt to Skolas. This means you want to time your damage intelligently. If a guy is dead and you don't have a super, you wanna take care of that before attacking Skolas and triggering the next wave of enemies for example. You want to clean up ads, make sure you have heavy and super, and basically make sure everyone is alive and ready before each round of "ok throw everything at him".

3. De buff. Playing hot potato can be tricky, specially when you have to deal with that + mines. If someone dies, it's easy to Freak out and think it's a wipe but if you play it smart and pay attention to the timers, you can probably pull it off. Sometimes it's just too much, with mine positioning being a bitch and too many ads but keeping a cool head does wonders.

As for PoE armor with Fallen buffs: it's not required but definitely helps. Helm = faster Super/Recovery. Chest = more armor (so good). Boots for agility can maybe be clutch for reaching mines or escaping trouble. But overall it's not gonna be a game changer until you nail the strategy.

Alright guys so I'm back in the game I think, thanks to you I have some idea of what's going on, I got my Warlock to 32 by upgrading my heart and buying vanguard pieces with marks. I did both TDB and How quest chains (and did PoE 28) but what do I do now? How do I get to 34? How do I get the rest of my characters to 32 as well, in a reasonable amount of time that is. I really do want to complete my triumphs before it's too late.
To get to 34 you will need all light level 42 gear. Ascend your favourite exotic armour with an exotic shard. Then you can run PoE 32 for an armour core which will let you buy a ready made 42 light piece of armour from Varicks. You might have to wait until weekly reset to run this again to get to 34, or try your luck at a Nightfall for etheric light. The alternative is to do the same with other characters to get those cores. TBH there's no mad rush to get to 34. You can run all end game content at 33 except PoE35. You still have over a month for triumphs.

Kyne

"There are still patrols where it'll be relevant, obviously when you go back to play the old raids, it'll be time to dust off that old Vision of Confluence... There's always a perfect tool for any job in Destiny. So those Year 1 weapons are absolutely going to be relevant, don't dismantle them, there's still going to be a time when you need to use them."

for the love of all that is holy someone explain to me why there's ANY REASON to be doing old raids in the next expansion.

for the love of all that is holy someone explain to me why there's ANY REASON to be doing old raids in the next expansion.

Xp, I bet. And quests quests quests.

You KNOW there will be new bounty and quest threads that go through raids oh my GOD I can't FUCKING wait!!!!

Top Bottom