• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Lightswitch Small Arms is significantly harder. But since you've been trying for weeks, it seems you've failed with the easier modifiers too.

I'd suggest you try running it with Boguester - he's extremely freaking good but also an excellent instructor with a chill attitude. He can run you guys through it.

If you're having trouble at Skolas, chances are you're failing at one of these elements of the fight:

1. Rotation. You can't camp a side of the room. You just don't have the firepower with 3 people to stick it out on one side, between the amount of ads and Skolas' crazy splash damage (even worse with Teleporting melee Captains who can one shot you, and Small Arms nerfing your Special and Heavy weapon damage so significantly). You need to be able to quickly recognize when it's time to rush over to the other side of the room.

2. Pacing DPS. Mines and the de buff will trigger upon a certain amount of damage being dealt to Skolas. This means you want to time your damage intelligently. If a guy is dead and you don't have a super, you wanna take care of that before attacking Skolas and triggering the next wave of enemies for example. You want to clean up ads, make sure you have heavy and super, and basically make sure everyone is alive and ready before each round of "ok throw everything at him".

3. De buff. Playing hot potato can be tricky, specially when you have to deal with that + mines. If someone dies, it's easy to Freak out and think it's a wipe but if you play it smart and pay attention to the timers, you can probably pull it off. Sometimes it's just too much, with mine positioning being a bitch and too many ads but keeping a cool head does wonders.

As for PoE armor with Fallen buffs: it's not required but definitely helps. Helm = faster Super/Recovery. Chest = more armor (so good). Boots for agility can maybe be clutch for reaching mines or escaping trouble. But overall it's not gonna be a game changer until you nail the strategy.

Thanks, that's actually very useful. We don't do enough timing out of the sequences and pacing DPS. I'll share it with my team and pray for m o j o

Dunno. Welcome to general MMO expansion plight. All old content becomes irrelevant and useless.

Except for all the new quest threads that run through it.

There's been no confirmation that that stuff WONT incorporate quests and bounties so I don't understand how people are assuming that they won't when it's clear they want to incorporate that stuff through the entire game and since TTK is directly linked to the story in CE, I'd be really surprised if it wasn't.

And we've already learned you need xp to get to highest levels now, and you need bounties and quests to get xp, so, that's the ballgame?

ocean

Banned
for the love of all that is holy someone explain to me why there's ANY REASON to be doing old raids in the next expansion.
Uhhh because they're fun? Lol same reason we keep running VoG now despite having gotten all the loot months ago

rc213

Me: Warlock, 34
Armor: Most Warlock exotics fully levelled, often run Voidbomber build (Obsidian Mind, giving you Nova Bomb reload on previous NB kills)
Guns: Fatebringer, Found Verdict, Vex, Suros, Icebreaker, Thorn, Gjallahorn - heaps and heaps of options
My regular teammates: Titan, 34 and Hunter, 34. Both in similar situations. Hunter has Gjally. Titan is our least death-prone player, has everything levelled.

The situation: We have tried Level 35 Prison of Elders for 28 nights running. At first, it was the Cabal. Now we spec to fuck them up and we do them without a wipe most times. Then, the Fallen slowed us down. So we popped a blinding-bubble on the door where the target comes out and.. we spec to fuck them up. Fallen boss ball hasn't ever troubled us.

But now with Lightswitch on Skolas? We barely make it to the second phase, and wipe every night six-seven times before giving up. Captains fuck us up every time.

My question: Is there something I can do? Maybe keep buying Fallen-themed stuff from armor cores to get all those boosts? Should we break up the team, try to do it with harder core players, then come back together?

I'm close to tears.

Hunter needs all gear spec to going invisible great plus super invisible for mines and clutch revives.

Titan bubble spec to drop more bubbles as it takes damage.

Warlock needs self revive.

At Skolas communication is key but more important is not to panick. Before you dps Skolas into each mine round you need to have all supers up. You must call out your time left with the essence. You must ask for your buddies time on the essence. Don't be afraid to die with the essence as you will have time to revive. Don't be afraid to move from left to right if one of you feel it's getting too hectic with the mobs. Titan Bubble or Invisible +Super Invisible for middle mine anything else is guaranteed death unless the mobs are clear.

Zocano

Except for all the new quest threads that run through it.

There's been no confirmation that that stuff WONT incorporate quests and bounties so I don't understand how people are assuming that they won't when it's clear they want to incorporate that stuff through the entire game and since TTK is directly linked to the story in CE, I'd be really surprised if it wasn't.

And we've already learned you need xp to get to highest levels now, and you need bounties and quests to get xp, so, that's the ballgame?

That was a general statement of MMO expansions. This is a far deeper reworking than you usually see. That's why I just said "Dunno", cause we don't really know. For us at Light 34, we don't know what state we'll be at at launch.

DNAbro

So I've only done Crota hard twice and within those two times I got Abyss Defiant, Word of Crota, Fang of Ir Yut, and Oversoul Edict.

Only need the crux now for Nechrochasm.

Lnkn52

image.php

Troll of the year

Xbox 1 trials with lfg (finally got accepted after so many people declined me)

8-0 ticket and already used the mercy. Loses to final boss. Feels bad.

I did pretty good most games too. Having a Revive sniper is great.

Alright guys so I'm back in the game I think, thanks to you I have some idea of what's going on, I got my Warlock to 32 by upgrading my heart and buying vanguard pieces with marks. I did both TDB and How quest chains (and did PoE 28) but what do I do now? How do I get to 34? How do I get the rest of my characters to 32 as well, in a reasonable amount of time that is. I really do want to complete my triumphs before it's too late.

To level up: You want to run PoE 32 and 34. If you run 32, you can buy a piece of 42 light armor with an armor core. If you run 34, you can ascend any maxed piece of legendary armor to 42 light.

For your alts: Do not worry about getting to level 32. If you finish the HoW story, you can run 32 PoE and get a max armor piece with an armor core. This will get you to level 32. Then you can run a level 34 PoE. Same as your Warlock but you don't waste resources getting to level 32 when it really doesn't help.

What about the exotics and vanity stuff that are exclusive to raids? There's those too.

You should run Crota 3x every week, imo. It is very short, very easy (now), and you will get Exotics that should carry over into Year 2.

Top Bottom