• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

todd360

Urk said at around 11 minutes in that HoW shipped with PoE arena activity, and not a Raid, because of the community demand for end game MM activities with simpler mechanics. That is so sad to me.

ZZYt1am.jpg

That vex portal by the jump puzzle is super sketchy. There are platforms that lead to it, but it won't turn on. That has to have something to do with the dlc content that takes us to vault. Why else would it be there?

You should check out the raidsecrets FAQ. A bunch of people have gone and documented areas around the VoG and posted videos and stuff.

There's a lot of crazy theories, some of which involve using the ghost as a combination lock in there, but also some cool finds, like a hidden cave in the jumping puzzle.

Ehhh 32 yeah, but the rest I would say people wouldn't have a good time with randoms.

I'll concede that the raids shouldn't have mm, and I'll even concede that 35 level PoE shouldn't either...

But 34 isn't that bad. Qodron gave people a hard time at first but other than that, it's pretty straight forward.

At the very least I feel like Bungie should allow you to enable mm if you have done the event 10 times. Have you found your own fireteam and played through the raid 10 times? Congratulations you've unlocked raid matchmaking! Would that really be too much to ask? If you are guaranteed to get matched with people who are 10 time veterans of the raid you're guaranteed to have a team that has a fighting chance.

Call it a conspiracy theory but I think bungie doesn't want mm in high level events because it forces people to ask for help and it forces them to get other people online and playing.

Cade

Nice job guys! A bit dicey there for a while, but we made it through. Sorry I couldn't mic up that time, haha. I'd done it before, but not on the right side, so the Eye spawns were confusing me. GGs!

So I'm missing Skolas, VoG HM and CE HM for my year one emblem. Anyone interested in doinh any of the above? I'll be home in about 3 hours and will be ready to play then.

todd360

I'm so disappointed about not finding sixth chest. There's nothing to even do now until dlc. I should probably get back to galak-z and xenoblade 3ds.

Frenden

Banned
You don't want the Crux. The fully upgraded Necro has a white border. It is OCDamaging to my psyche to know it's in my vault.

todd360

We will find this chest.

I'm starting to think it doesn't exist. Unless there's some super complicated way to activate that vex portal. Its just odd to build players a way to get to that for no reason. It has to be dlc related. Why have players do something complicated to activate that portal for a ass mat chest on the other side? They must of had plans for that portal but held off until dlc.

Pat_DC

I'm down for the raids. I haven't done skolas yet either but I'm scurrd

I just need HM VOG ( I've never even run VOG normal) & Skolas to get my destiny homework done, so I'd be keen if it happens a bit later.

Thanks to Blunoise & the other gaffers for the HM Crota, got a Fang of Ir Yut out of it.

XenoRaven

Have they clarified the Exotics thing yet or are we still going with some dude on Twitter's word vs some dude on YouTube's word?

Deku Tree

I'm starting to think it doesn't exist. Unless there's some super complicated way to activate that vex portal. Its just odd to build players a way to get to that for no reason. It has to be dlc related. Why have players do something complicated to activate that portal for a ass mat chest on the other side? They must of had plans for that portal but held off until dlc.

In TTK you will re-enter the vault and learn about the fate of praedyth.

I'm down for the raids. I haven't done skolas yet either but I'm scurrd

I just need HM VOG (which I've never run) & Skolas to get my destiny homework done, so I'd be keen if it happens a bit later.

Thanks to Blunoise & the other gaffers for the HM Crota, got a Fang of Ir Yut out of it.

So in tentatively 3 hours, VoG HM then?

Anyone else keen on joining?

1. SolicitorPirate
2. Buttsmasher
3. Pat_dc

todd360

Have they clarified the Exotics thing yet or are we still going with some dude on Twitter's word vs some dude on YouTube's word?

Uhhh I think Lars might have clarified kinda. I don't remember. We are probably at twitter vs YouTube still.

In TTK you will re-enter the vault and learn about the fate of praedyth.

I know. I didn't want to spoil it for people who didn't read the spoiler tagged stuff.

XenoRaven

Uhhh I think Lars might have clarified kinda. I don't remember. We are probably at twitter vs YouTube still.
Dang.

Sucks you guys couldn't find a chest. It seems like if it exists, you would have to do something so wacky and obscure that no one would ever find it unless they spent all their time playing doing different stuff.

It would be awesome if you could go to one of the pad thingies either outside the Vault or in the last area after you beat Atheon and it opens up the "dead" transfer gate by the jumping puzzle, but I imagine someone has tried that.

Edit: Yo we spoiling shit before it's even out.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm so disappointed about not finding sixth chest. There's nothing to even do now until dlc. I should probably get back to galak-z and xenoblade 3ds.
I think the game broke Todd, guys...

Edit: Top of page AGAIN?! 3 times in one day??!? How unlucky can one guy be!! At least I have one of these...
gjallarhorn_in_game_sm.jpg

Top Bottom