• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

rc213

Final Round Thorn Glitch + Final Sound Snipers = ultimate douchebaggery.

Why can't they do partial patches to fix the most important issues first?! Why wait to do everything all at once?

Sigh

I've noticed the Thorn issue a lot today in Control. Also a lot of games will be fine until it comes to the final minutes everyone will be green but all of a sudden everyone goes red lag fest.

Looks like my 4th roll of Hypescotch is my keeper. FF, Small Bore, Headseeker. Tried the roll everyone had been posting but I sucked hard. I think Headseeker is my perk. Used up 4 etheric lights but it was worth it.

maomaoIYP

Anyone want to do some trials? Still looking for that elusive trip to mercury.
PSN feetiemaomao

Or some poe32/34 is gravy too. Haven't done those this week.

I'm currently using the day one vanguard weapons in Crucible. It's just as horrible as you would imagine.

Also fun fact, they reused the name of the machine gun. I'm currently using a green BTRD-345.

ERMint13

So what happens to all these guys in Trials that use final round? Even now if a team is down we've had players switch to it. What a garbage tactic....

SnakeEyes

Banned
So what happens to all these guys in Trials that use final round? Even now if a team is down we've had players switch to it. What a garbage tactic....
Well, it's only an issue until TTK drops. Currently Final Round procs on any contact on that last bullet, leading to 1-shot kills on any hit. After the 2.0 update, Final Round will only proc on headshots. You'll only have to wait another 5 weeks and then we'll see how the new weapons play in both Iron Banner and Trials.

XenoRaven

This is a really dumb request but if anyone is bored and looking for something to do I'm about to do this Heroic Siege of the Warmind bounty at level 28. From what I remember, doing this mission underleveled is really annoying, so if anyone wants to jump in, join on XenoRaven (PSN).

Sorry for the delay guys, should be back and ready to start VoG HM in 30 mins. Our brave fireteam is as follows:

1. SolicitorPirate
2. Buttsmasher
3. Pat DC
4. Bicep_Curls
5. SilvardCT
6. Sin_Ghidorah

Final Round Thorn Glitch + Final Sound Snipers = ultimate douchebaggery.

Why can't they do partial patches to fix the most important issues first?! Why wait to do everything all at once?

Sigh

I noticed a lot of that yesterday, I'd counter it with Voidfang/Nothing Manacles douchebaggery but practically every team we faced we're hyper aggressive blink shotgunners

Flawless Raider ain't gonna happen. Maybe later this weekend. Thanks, folks.

I'll be around this weekend to run a group through

GutZ31

It's ridiculous, especially when the take servers down for maintenance once a month or so. Anything being abused, especially glitches, should be addressed as soon as possible.

EDIT: top of the page, new exotic

100 post per page users will find your top of page claim silly.

Got my Xb1 Warlock to L34 and ran Trials with him for the first time. Fun stuff

That just leaves my Titan as the sole L32 or L33. The stats are atrocious so I don't care to ascend him just yet. Like 130% Disc, and 20-30% int/str

So using the green vanguard weapons taught me something. Even without perks, Pulse and Sniper Rifles can definitely hold their own. I have a feeling Pulse/Sniper will be the new meta in Taken King, with maybe Autos recovering and fighting for second place with Scouts. Hand Cannons are fucked outside of the FR/LitC build, though. I was trying to use the low impact/high RoF one and it just was not killing with that low a magazine (7).

Also if that's the range they want shotguns, fusions will completely outrank them and they will be irrelevant. I think the warlock melee had more range than the shotgun I was using.

XenoRaven

Thanks to MildSoss for helping. It was more about just completing the damn thing than doing the bounty.

I didn't know it was possible to feel this strongly about a story mission in this game, but man do I think this mission is shit. It's like everything that annoys me about this game all in one stupid arena. I have been able to do every other story mission under two levels from the "recommended" level with minimal issue, and then I get to this one and one tiny mistake fucks you over and you have to go through whole process of clearing out wave after wave of dumbass enemies. It's not even a mission. It's just horde mode. I'm just going to save myself the frustration and never do it again.

Gala

hate to be that guy, but it's the FWC ship :)

No. The characters had different ships. The titan definitely had the FWC ship, but the Hunter had a New Monarchy one. Same for all the PvP stations in the second room. There were a lot of different ships depending on what station you played at.

Thanks to MildSoss for helping. It was more about just completing the damn thing than doing the bounty.

I didn't know it was possible to feel this strongly about a story mission in this game, but man do I think this mission is shit. It's like everything that annoys me about this game all in one stupid arena. I have been able to do every other story mission under two levels from the "recommended" level with minimal issue, and then I get to this one and one tiny mistake fucks you over and you have to go through whole process of clearing out wave after wave of dumbass enemies. It's not even a mission. It's just horde mode. I'm just going to save myself the frustration and never do it again.

It's all about firing rockets into the groups as they spawn quickly. It'll destroy the trash in there and if it's solar (ghorn) it should practically kill the Wizards. With something like abyss defiant or vision of confluence equipped you can quickly finish them. It's only really the Wizards that cause issues on that mission.

I also normally stand on the small raised section at the far right of the room as you look at it from entering. There is only a set of stairs for them to travel up to reach you so it's easy to funnel the thralls. Just got to run to the console for the ogre spawn as a load of adds spawn on that platform.

You alright there, friend?

Edit: Top of page? OH CRAP!

Sort of. Luckily I got a few hours of numbed emotions and deep sleep, but when the effects of a rum with coke mixture passed I went back to not being able to sleep save for the nightmares and sensation of loneliness when waking up.

The game is installed, although I don't know if I will start. I'm trying to see if somebody is available to hang out IRL as right now being alone is the worst I can do. I need to plan a day trip for tomorrow, but today... it's going to be a shitty day. If a GallaJ'horn was to drop today, it would feel like an even worse joke of life.

Xater

I don't know if it's people from in here tweeting at me asking about the Blacksmith shader. Please stop I don't have any more of them. I got mine when I went to my appointment at Bungie to try out TTK. We later just went back in and Sked them nicely for two extra codes for my buddies.

Yeah Siege of the Warmind really fucking sucks. I remember bitching about it the first time I played through it back in December lol

Lmao I just got my third Hawkmoon from
Killing atheon in less then a week from
Not having one since launch.

One from Gorgons, one from NF and now from Atheon. RNG gonna RNG

Top Bottom