• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Yeah Siege of the Warmind really fucking sucks. I remember bitching about it the first time I played through it back in December lol
In fact, I will gladly help anybody that has troubles with that one. That and the final mission of the vase quest. I still want revenge.

adin75

Lmao I just got my third Hawkmoon from
Killing atheon in less then a week from
Not having one since launch.

One from Gorgons, one from NF and now from Atheon. RNG gonna RNG

My experience was similar, at first I just couldn't get one then it finally dropped, before I knew it I had 5.

Still waiting on my Monte Carlo.

XenoRaven

In fact, I will gladly help anybody that has troubles with that one. That and the final mission of the vase quest. I still want revenge.
There's a way to cheese the urn one. Once you enter the doorway, it closes behind you, but if you walk up to it and pull out your Ghost, I think your model clips into the door and it opens up, so you can get out of the room and actually have a place to defend from.

There's a way to cheese the urn one. Once you enter the doorway, it closes behind you, but if you walk up to it and pull out your Ghost, I think your model clips into the door and it opens up, so you can get out of the room and actually have a place to defend from.
Never thought about that. I tried to do Siege as a daily heroix at 32 and got my arse beaten. It was hard enough as part of the story, but like this it would need another player. With so many magic circles at the end it becomes nearly impossible.

Usually when I can't find a cover I keep moving with the float jump until the health regenerates (what I did with the final part of the vase). Getting those Thrallskin gloves at the end felt like Eris Morn pulling a trollface.

nOoblet16

hate to be that guy, but it's the FWC ship :)
A FWC ship that had NM logo and red in colour....sure.

Perhaps we are talking about different ships here but the ship Robinson and me saw inside the demo station was a NM ship easily recognisable with the red colour and the symbol of three white stripes.

A FWC ship that had NM logo and red in colour....sure.

Perhaps we are talking about different ships here but the ship Robinson and me saw inside the demo station was a NM ship easily recognisable with the red colour and the symbol of three white stripes.

This was the ship he was using while he played as a Nightstalker in the first mission, which was also in the post I replied to:

maxresdefault.jpg

I need that ship.

Klyka

Banned
Gonna jump online now, anyone doing VoG HM, Crota Normal/HM or PoE 34?

Also,is it true you can get guaranteed etheric light from trials?
I am only lvl 33 and not really great at PvP but if I could get them there,I'd like to try.

my PSN is Klyka1 send me an invite if you're up for anything :)

or also if anyone has any checkpoints where I can grab a chest or something (I'm not really raid knowledgeable haha)
I only did VoG normal this week

Gonna jump online now, anyone doing VoG HM, Crota Normal/HM or PoE 34?

Also,is it true you can get guaranteed etheric light from trials?
I am only lvl 33 and not really great at PvP but if I could get them there,I'd like to try.

my PSN is Klyka1 send me an invite if you're up for anything :)

or also if anyone has any checkpoints where I can grab a chest or something (I'm not really raid knowledgeable haha)
I only did VoG normal this week
You get etheric light at 6 and 8 wins I think.

Ikkarus

I'm still after the Dead Orbit ship since the dark below came out.

One day it will be mine....I hope...

Still, I'm hoping we can buy a faction ship in TTK.

amar212

I'm still after the Dead Orbit ship since the dark below came out.

One day it will be mine....I hope...

Still, I'm hoping we can buy a faction ship in TTK.

After I got my first (combined DO level over 3 characters was +85), I got second soon after. Same with shaders. So, first one is only problem. Later ones comes easily.

darthbob

Faction rewards are too rare. I don't want them to be sold, but they should triple the drop rate for shaders and ships.

Hmm, perhaps. Selling that kind of stuff at high faction rank would incentivize loyal supports to be loyal. Now I also don't think that the required rank be too high either. Thinking around Level 10 for a shader, Level 25 for a ship, Level 50 for better shaders and ship(s)

But, they should also up the faction rep rate for Patrols too. 10-25 rep is too damn low.

nOoblet16

I only played the last mission of the urn quest once and that was only because I joined someone's game. I never managed to go that far in my own game because I never was able to do the melle cursed thrall part..lol

I only played the last mission of the urn quest once and that was only because I joined someone's game. I never managed to go that far in my own game because I never was able to do the melle cursed thrall part..lol

Warlock. I guess the increased melee range helps a lot. If you do it from the limit it only takes 50%-70% of life. Maybe a Ram would help? The flame Shield also helps, but I would not know about using other classed

Max your armour fire a couple of shots to bring their health down then melee and run away.

I did it on the sword of crota mission on easiest difficulty. I'd kill them then go to orbit repeat until done. Hardest is hunter because of that no shield.

Warlock. I guess the increased melee range helps a lot. If you do it from the limit it only takes 50%-70% of life. Maybe a Ram would help? The flame Shield also helps, but I would not know about using other classed

Can be done with a Defender Titan as well as the melee gives an overshield. But Warlock is definitely the easiest. Also, don't pick up the drops immediately.
If you die and you didn't pick it up yet, it will still be on the ground ;)

As soon as there are 5 drops just pick them up all at once and you're done.

SnakeEyes

Banned
50 ppp heathen.

My internet is gigabit fibre at home and I just got 18/12 mbit/s speedtest on my phone. 100ppp is nothing for me. I wish the whole world had gigabit fibre.
Gigabit fibre is a luxury if you can afford it. Shit, it's not even available in NZ yet. I have 50/20 Fibre and still refuse to go 100ppp.

To be fair, it;s also not available to most of America either. LOL.

I don't mind helping either. I'm at the part of the Urn quest where you have to attack that fucker in Skywatch during the Public Events, so I'll help you if you help me :)

ocean

Banned
Faction ships sold at rank 15, shaders every 10 ranks after that. Make them rare and hard to get, but something I can plan on eventually getting instead of crazy RNG frustration :(

Silvard

I need someone to help me get the gorgon chest on one of my characters, already have the checkpoint on another. Just need you to join my fireteam and wait for me to switch character, then you and I both get a shot at an exotic.

Gigabit fibre is a luxury if you can afford it. Shit, it's not even available in NZ yet. I have 50/20 Fibre and still refuse to go 100ppp.

I don't mind helping either. I'm at the part of the Urn quest where you have to attack that fucker in Skywatch during the Public Events, so I'll help you if you help me :)

I'm having a busy morning and I am not sure if I will go back to the drug, but if I can enter later and you still need help, I'll let you know I got lucky because there was a group hunting for wolves in the area.

How many chests are in the Gorgon maze, BTW? I know about the one near the entrance where you have to jump climb in near complete darkness, but I'm not sure if there's another one well hidden in the labyrinth.

Edit: Ok, it's two.
http://i.imgur.com/sewu0nk.png

I wish my tablet would not be dead. Being able to look at this would help at lot, even if does not make any sense once you are inside. I had looked at it before we did the newbie raid, but once there I was completely lost and tailing the leader.

ocean

Banned

You still need help with this? I can log on and give you a hand.

SnakeEyes

Banned
How many chests are in the Gorgon maze, BTW? I know about the one near the entrance where you have to jump climb in near complete darkness, but I'm not sure if there's another one well hidden in the labyrinth.
There's 3: Two are between the Templar and the Gorgon's Maze, the Exotic chest and the hidden chest that only appears if you stop the Templar from teleporting. The third is the one that's in the right-hand pathway in the Gorgon Maze.

nOoblet16

Can be done with a Defender Titan as well as the melee gives an overshield. But Warlock is definitely the easiest. Also, don't pick up the drops immediately.
If you die and you didn't pick it up yet, it will still be on the ground ;)

As soon as there are 5 drops just pick them up all at once and you're done.

My hunter is my main class and was my first class, I couldn't do it back then but as it's my main class I wold prefer to get rid of that green Eris marker.

The guy doing the Destiny demo at Gamescom had that New Monarchy ship, it's beautiful. I think some of us had that ship as well during matchmaking.

The picture ocean showed seems clearly a NM ship to me (the red and white one).
Or maybe you mean the guy at Gamescom, in our session he used that NM ship ;)

No. The characters had different ships. The titan definitely had the FWC ship, but the Hunter had a New Monarchy one. Same for all the PvP stations in the second room. There were a lot of different ships depending on what station you played at.

The new faction ships are very nice, much better than anything we have right now. We saw NM, FWC and a whole bunch of different legendary ships. Couldn't see any dead orbit ships though.

The NM ship was definitely nicer than the FWC one.

My hunter is my main class and was my first class, I couldn't do it back then but as it's my main class I wold prefer to get rid of that green Eris marker.

Hunter was the first class I did it with. Sword of crota easy mode. Soften up the cursed thrall with a few shots. Melee it then run away. Do the same to the second one. Go back to orbit and repeat.

Or use ejs method of killing them to get the drop but don't pick it up. Kill yourself then repeat till 5 drops are there.

Anyone found footage or pics of the gamescom q&a with Deej and Lars? I wanna see if Gala and I are on it..We were right in the front of the stage, next to the camera. Wanna see if anyone got the shout out to DGAF :)

Anyone found footage or pics of the gamescom q&a with Deej and Lars? I wanna see if Gala and I are on it..We were right in the front of the stage, next to the camera. Wanna see if anyone got the shout out to DGAF :)

I may have missed it but what was your take with the exotic thing?

Top Bottom