• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

It's common sense, why would they make changes to exotics if they would not be upgradeable or viable in level advantage enabled pvp?

These kind of over reactions is why bungie doesn't like us. I could see Deej's face when I mentioned we were from GAF :/

Kyoufu

Well they made changes to legendaries too (okay, just Black Hammer).

I've been saying for a while now that they'd keep the Year 1 exotics because they'd have to put in a lot of work to replace them all with a substantial amount of new ones. This also means any new Exotics they create won't be copies of old ones for whatever reason.

Shito

It's common sense, why would they make changes to exotics if they would not be upgradeable or viable in level advantage enabled pvp?

These kind of over reactions is why bungie doesn't like us. I could see Deej's face when I mentioned we were from GAF :/
Well, to be fair: where is their official statement on this?
The fact that they did not shoot a simple "rumour about exotics is not true" tweet really did not help.

maomaoIYP

We did it!! First flawless for all 3 of us! Big thanks to davidbloop and buttsmasher for the smashing amazing perfect run!
CL4ZsDpUYAAut99.jpg:large

They really hate us that much? That kinda sucks :/

I mean, why not be involved in the DGAF community who love the game instead of hating us because the rest of GAF hates their game?

I'm sure a Bungie guy used to post here but haven't seen him since forever either.

Nuszka

I mean, why not be involved in the DGAF community who love the game instead of hating us because the rest of GAF hates their game?

I'm sure a Bungie guy used to post here but haven't seen him since forever either.

It's annoying, none of them realise that gaf and dgaf are like two different entities. Most of us even stay away from gaming threads related to destiny.

ocean

Banned
It's annoying, none of them realise that gaf and dgaf are like two different entities. Most of us even stay away from gaming threads related to destiny.
Even here, the discourse all too often devolves into "Fuck you Bungie", "fix your fucking game", "fuck this I'm out".

And then there's a few exemplary guys who actually try to justify how insulting developers is OK because Internet and reasons. I tried my best to explain the other day how extremely, irrefutably disrespectful and unacceptable that type of language is but the asshole brigade got offended that I called them out on being asses. And that wasn't gaming side either.

Tecnniqe

Banned

People jumping to conclusions is one thing, another is that Bungie don't PR.
How hard is it to just say True/False and not run around like a headless chicken.

Nuszka

Even here, the discourse all too often devolves into "Fuck you Bungie", "fix your fucking game", "fuck this I'm out".

And then there's a few exemplary guys who actually try to justify how insulting developers is OK because Internet and reasons. I tried my best to explain the other day how extremely, irrefutably disrespectful and unacceptable that type of language is but the asshole brigade got offended that I called them out on being asses. And that wasn't gaming side either.

Wow , that's just a new low then. Don't think I even once been rude or disrespectful up here towards bungie, but if that's the case whit some folk here... Some ploughing will need to be done to get the weeds out.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Wow , that's just a new low then. Don't think I even once been rude or disrespectful up here towards bungie, but if that's the case whit some folk here... Some ploughing will need to be done to get the weeds out.
I like to think that being part of DGAF is being part of the garden post-weeding. Most of the tards stay in the Gaming side...

ocean

Banned
I am vocal about my complaints. I've expressed dissatisfaction at a number of things, most recently the Exotic weapon upgrade thing. I was clear in my comments that I still held on to hope that it was a misunderstanding though.

Whenever you call someone out for being an asshole they get all defensive like "oh we're not supposed to talk about the negatives?" Which is silly. It's a matter of tone.

If you express disappointment or dissatisfaction at a decision or system or mechanic or whatever, nobody will mind. Hell, you'll probably find plenty who agree with you.

But I think the "Fuck Bungie!" Crowd needs a ban and a small donation for some counseling if they're adults who think such disrespectful behavior is even remotely acceptable. But that's just me, whatever.

Not us, just those whiners in gaming side.

Lars was super cool about GAF. Hope he posts here, I told him about us.

We'll get a lot more info when they do their twitch reveal in a few weeks.

Shito

Seriously....tho I think we're a little mean to Deej personally.
I'm often a bit harsh on him, but I only criticise is work, and not him personally.
I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, and I also know how being a CM on a game played by millions of players can be difficult (I have a few of them in my work's open space), but I don't think he was doing a good job at it. He made some bad comments that were derisive about players, and has a tendency to write a lot of words for nothing.
That being said, I do feel like he improved on those points as of lately, so I must admit my old comments about him are less justified now.

How hard is it to just say True/False and not run around like a headless chicken.
This.

nOoblet16

Just check the tittle for the past few Destiny threads on gaming side and you'll see what Bungie might think of us.

GutZ31

Gigabit fibre is a luxury if you can afford it. Shit, it's not even available in NZ yet. I have 50/20 Fibre and still refuse to go 100ppp.

To be fair, it;s also not available to most of America either. LOL.

I don't mind helping either. I'm at the part of the Urn quest where you have to attack that fucker in Skywatch during the Public Events, so I'll help you if you help me :)

http://www.ifitweremyhome.com/compare/US/NZ

Because maybe they have planned some details for future reveals via twitch, weekly updates, etc? We know they don't tell us everything right away or in a straight forward manner, that's just how they are. Always secretive, holding back, encouraging speculation and discussion.

So..... this may sound stupid, but I only just found out about this whole moments of triumph thing.

The ones I have left are
find all Golden Chests, apparently I've only found 11.
Beat Crota on Hard and PoE on Hard (Skolas)

Easy I think I can do that :)

ocean

Banned
So..... this may sound stupid, but I only just found out about this whole moments of triumph thing.

The ones I have left are
find all Golden Chests, apparently I've only found 11.
Beat Crota on Hard and PoE on Hard (Skolas)

Easy I think I can do that :)
I can't believe it but I also need chests :p so strange considering the insanity of material farming days on Patrol at launch. I think I may have deleted a character where I'd found them all.

Any who, wanna join up and get them in like an hour?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Because maybe they have planned some details for future reveals via twitch, weekly updates, etc? We know they don't tell us everything right away or in a straight forward manner, that's just how they are. Always secretive, holding back, encouraging speculation and discussion.

Yeah but they could of put a lid on it by going along the path of "We have blabla about exotics and TTK to reveal at a later date"
And most people would shut up and wait instead of going insane.

I can't believe it but I also need chests :p so strange considering the insanity of material farming days on Patrol at launch. I think I may have deleted a character where I'd found them all.

Any who, wanna join up and get them in like an hour?

If I'm online sure, although I'm waiting on dinner to be delivered and not sure when it will come exactly, post up when you're free ;)

Anyway, that was the end of Gamescom for me. I'm on my way to Belgium now.

It was amazing meeting up with DGAFers from across 4 countries, would love to do it again whenever possible.

Also massive thanks to Gala for being our guide and translator in Cologne :)

I have 2 spare blacksmith shaders but there is no easy way I can decide whom to give them to. I've decided myself who will get them and I'm not saying who they are, that's up to them. ;)

Do check your PM's though :p

SeanR1221

Skolas is just too frustrating with light switch, especially when there's not even any good rewards up for grabs. A couples friends and I tried it and got there really fast and then just got stuck for hours and had to quit. It didn't help that they both made some pretty big mistakes at certain points but the melee deaths were by far the most frustrating.

imek

So guess as a good as a time as ever for me to start posting in this thread after lurking since beta...

Been in a bit of an odd situation when it comes to friends playing through Destiny, where I started with one group (who then lost interest around the time first expansion came out), then moved onto another group, who have lost interest about 4 weeks post HoW (at which point in time I got back from Europe so still behind when it comes to getting to 34 / Moment of Triumph, which I have a few chests to unlock + Bane of Skolas).

So looking at adding more people (am in Australia) to be able to play with, PSN: mekz0r

It was amazing meeting up with DGAFers from across 4 countries, would love to do it again whenever possible.

I have 2 spare blacksmith shaders but there is no easy way I can decide whom to give them to. I've decided myself who will get them and I'm not saying who they are, that's up to them. ;)

Had a great time as well thanks to you, nooblet, Gala, the great weather and a fun Gamescom. Would be nice if we can do this again indeed, hopefully with more DGAFers. I'll probably see you guys in Amsterdam soon!

Lnkn52

Womp Womp, nothing here.

So I'm guessing the last ign video had no new news?

I wonder what they'll do with Black Ops 3 this year. Another shader, perhaps?
The white John Shader

Had a great time as well thanks to you, nooblet, Gala, the great weather and a fun Gamescom. Would be nice if we can do this again indeed, hopefully with more DGAFers. I'll probably see you guys in Amsterdam soon!

Probably? Definitely.

You have to drag Tears with you. Also I know there are a few more NL DGAFers, if they want to meet up, please do.

My 2 cents on bungie not saying anything about the exotics rumor. 99% of the destiny players didn't even know about it so it doesn't even matter. It should be true anyway because they need to move in from year 1 stuff. This is how these types of games work.

Klyka

Banned
Alright, anything bigger happening on PS4 atm?

Id love to get VoG HM and Crota done today.
I'd also be up for PoE34 but being a 33 in there is...not nice.

PSN is Klyka1, hit me up!

Deku Tree

Well they are also nerfing BHammer and it is confirmed to be left behind. We don't know yet but it's very possible that they want to create a whole new sandbox of top end gear.

Nerfing the old gear ensures that it's not too OP. The weapon updates are mostly nerfs.

People tell me that the FF MMO does this every six months and you never get to "upgrade" the old stuff to the new maximum.

Top Bottom