• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

GutZ31

Well they are also nerfing BHammer and it is confirmed to be left behind. We don't know yet but it's very possible that they want to create a whole new sandbox of top end gear.

Nerfing the old gear ensures that it's not too OP. The weapon updates are mostly nerfs.

People tell me that the FF MMO does this every six months and you never get to "upgrade" the old stuff to the new maximum.

The difference with MMOs that do this, is that you just chase the new gear with similar, or the exact same stats/perks/armor rating.

If for some reason they don't have some new "fate bringer", "vision of confluence", "black hammer" type perks on similarly typed weapons, it will be one of the dumbest moves they could possibly do.
Hell, it's already dumb to make all the old weapons obsolete.
The problem was never a "meta" game, it was that Bungie didn't make enough crazy perks for new content to warrant switching to the newer gear.

If Bungie came out and said;
"Here is a sneak peak at one of the Dragons you will be chasing"
And preceded to show a hand cannon that every 3 precision shots sent a blade dancers razors edge in the direction it's fired, we would be a lot more keen to leave the fate bringer in the dust been.

But no, we got the Crota hand cannon, and the jewel, and the dreg pistol.
None of these fill the void of what the fate bringer brings to the table.

New gear should give us a reason to want it.
Raid gear should feel exotic.

Black hammer was good, as well as almost everything from VoG.

Everything after that is "meh, I can use it, but it just feels like this gun with an element".
This ruined most of the rewards for both Crota and PoE for myself.

Lexad

There was a good post on RDestiny.

Those weapons like Fatebringer, VOC, etc were Jack of All Trades that pretty much meant that you never rotated weapons. The poster believed Bungie was shifting philosophy away from these guns that encouraged one to never rotate weapons.

If this is the case, I would be very excited, because once I got VOC, it never left my primary slot and I would like more specific use guns to use in different situations.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Don't bother kadey. The sixth chest is dead!

PJWTqDJ.gif

MrDaravon

I feel bad that we were trying to sherpa Klyka and his friend through their first VoG Hard and Crota Normal and Klyka's friend got dropped and Klyka got shit. Meanwhile I kept dying like a bitch to random bullshit and got an Epilogue and Mythoclast lol. I can finally relatively easily do the goddamn PvP part of the Thorn bounty!

This is pretty good.

Klyka

Banned
I feel bad that we were trying to sherpa Klyka and his friend through their first VoG Hard and Crota Normal and Klyka's friend got dropped and Klyka got shit. Meanwhile I kept dying like a bitch to random bullshit and got an Epilogue and Mythoclast lol. I can finally relatively easily do the goddamn PvP part of the Thorn bounty!

This is pretty good.

Thanks for the great help, would be sweet if we could do Crota hard tonight!

And yeah,I got a big load of shards.

YAY!

Lnkn52

I don't even feel like getting on to help people with trials since its theives den this week. Screw that. I have everything I want in the game now. Which is weird. It might be a good time to mostly stop until new dlc.
You should look for secret chests in Crota End.

Theorry

"As Microsoft's boss of Xbox, Phil Spencer should be a busy man. But he's not so busy that he can't log 346 hours of playtime in Destiny.

That is according to an Xbox Live profile picture tweeted out this morning by another Xbox executive, Mike Ybarra. "

Level 34 titan and a level 13 Hunter. Wasnt there a plan for some people here to play ToO with him at one point?

There was a good post on RDestiny.

Those weapons like Fatebringer, VOC, etc were Jack of All Trades that pretty much meant that you never rotated weapons. The poster believed Bungie was shifting philosophy away from these guns that encouraged one to never rotate weapons.

If this is the case, I would be very excited, because once I got VOC, it never left my primary slot and I would like more specific use guns to use in different situations.

I use Fatebringer - Blackhammer/Found Verdict - Gjallahorn for just about everything. The only variation is Mida comes out for the Abyss, Epilogue and Corrective Measure at Atheon and whatever for burns

Tbh I'm pretty bored of it so am looking forward to new guns, as long as they're as good

If anyone needs a sherpa/sword through Crota later I should be about

P44

The difference with MMOs that do this, is that you just chase the new gear with similar, or the exact same stats/perks/armor rating.

If for some reason they don't have some new "fate bringer", "vision of confluence", "black hammer" type perks on similarly typed weapons, it will be one of the dumbest moves they could possibly do.
The problem was never a "meta" game, it was that Bungie didn't make enough crazy perks for new content to warrant switching to the newer gear.

And preceded to show a hand cannon that every 3 precision shots sent a blade dancers razors edge in the direction it's fired, we would be a lot more keen to leave the fate bringer in the dust been.

Everything after that is "meh, I can use it, but it just feels like this gun with an element".

Bingo.

Guns aren't equivalent to weapons in WoW and FF and other tab target stuff where the weapon is really just a picture with some numbers attached.

New weapons cannot leave old playstyles in the dirt, if we're not able to upgrade our old weapons. Easier thing to do would just allow old weapons to upgrade, and nerf the troublesome weapons, but whatever.

ocean

Banned
I don't even feel like getting on to help people with trials since its theives den this week. Screw that. I have everything I want in the game now. Which is weird. It might be a good time to mostly stop until new dlc.
But your handicap run with my Warlock!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Lag from when switching items

Edit its showing him as 34 when the helmet isn't 42 light

Probably, i switch my helmet out for 42 and back again and it displayed 33 D: So long 34 Light bug. But i dont think it was lag, it was there for a solid 5+ minutes before i SSed it and i waited like 3 min more before i changed item again.

Edit: Also, is anyone VoG Harding?

Had etheric light not exsisted this would have not been a problem. No one was going to run a 300 fatebringer in a 365 meta. E light kinda ruined The game.

GutZ31

Had etheric light not exsisted this would have not been a problem. No one was going to run a 300 fatebringer in a 365 meta. E light kinda ruined The game.

I would complete agree with you if they had made weapons better or similar to the first raids lethality/versatility, but they didn't.

P44

Yep, a 300 fatebringer was still king, it probably would still be on skolas as well

300 FB on 365 content would have been fairly balanced I feel. Effective if you utilise firefly heavily, otherwise lacking in raw damage. It's probably how they should have balanced Fatebringer - shit on it's raw damage, force the users to trigger firefly as much as they can.

EDIT: Also, this mixing the transition information with the hype machine stuff is garbage.

Hype machine is new patrol, raids etc.

I'm not excited about what happens to my old weapons and armour, I'm worried. Don't get that mixed up in the hype machine, that's shit you need to tell people early on so that they can settle down for the rest of the announcements.

ocean

Banned
300 FB on 365 content would have been fairly balanced I feel. Effective if you utilise firefly heavily, otherwise lacking in raw damage. It's probably how they should have balanced Fatebringer - shit on it's raw damage, force the users to trigger firefly as much as they can.
Then it's just a scout rifle with firefly, of which there are plenty. Except those have better RoF. And range. And stability. And Mag size.

Yep, a 300 fatebringer was still king, it probably would still be on skolas as well

Well, considering that for Skolas, 365 Fang > 365 Fatebringer, no way Fatebringer would be the best option if it was at 300 attack power. The Fatebringer is overrated in plenty of situations by most people, and Skolas is definitely one of those situations.

Owensboro

Alrighty! I'm done with lunch and want to get some Heroic VoG done! Anyone interested in doing one full run and then doing Gatekeeper + Aethon the other two times? (I'd need to switch my characters to get the checkpoint). Lets say this fun will start in an hour (1pm EST), or if we get 6 people sooner.

1. OwensboroEsq

Also, is anyone interested in a Flawless Raider attempt on Crota Normal later? I've already "Traversed the Abyss" with my Hunter without dieing.. can you pass a flawless raider checkpoint? I've never done flawless before fyi.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Alrighty! I'm done with lunch and want to get some Heroic VoG done! Anyone interested in doing one full run and then doing Gatekeeper + Aethon the other two times? (I'd need to switch my characters to get the checkpoint). Lets say this fun will start in an hour (1pm EST), or if we get 6 people sooner.

1. OwensboroEsq

Also, is anyone interested in a Flawless Raider attempt later? I've already "Traversed the Abyss" with my Hunter without dieing.. can you pass a flawless raider checkpoint? I've never done flawless before fyi.

Im up for some VoG Hard but i probably wont make it flawless :) (Downed Aethon but nothing else)

P44

Then it's just a scout rifle with firefly, of which there are plenty. Except those have better RoF. And range. And stability. And Mag size.

Yeah, but options dude.

People like how HC's handle, I see no problem with having a single HC have firefly.

Top Bottom