• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

MrDaravon

Alrighty! I'm done with lunch and want to get some Heroic VoG done! Anyone interested in doing one full run and then doing Gatekeeper + Aethon the other two times? (I'd need to switch my characters to get the checkpoint). Lets say this fun will start in an hour (1pm EST), or if we get 6 people sooner.

1. OwensboroEsq

Also, is anyone interested in a Flawless Raider attempt on Crota Normal later? I've already "Traversed the Abyss" with my Hunter without dieing.. can you pass a flawless raider checkpoint? I've never done flawless before fyi.

I'm down for Hard VoG, I only need it twice though so I'll bounce out for the 3rd run unless you can't get someone else, in which case I'll stick around. Assuming you're on PSN?

ocean

Banned
Yeah, but options dude.

People like how HC's handle, I see no problem with having a single HC have firefly.
Full auto on Scouts was exclusive to VoC until HoW opened the floodgates and automatically made VoC just a good (but not in any way special other than Solar) Scout.

The E3 build showed regular HCs with Firefly. FB, at an old attack stay or not, will also stop being special too.

I use Fatebringer - Blackhammer/Found Verdict - Gjallahorn for just about everything. The only variation is Mida comes out for the Abyss, Epilogue and Corrective Measure at Atheon and whatever for burns

Tbh I'm pretty bored of it so am looking forward to new guns, as long as they're as good

If anyone needs a sherpa/sword through Crota later I should be about

Yeah, never done CE and I'm looking for a party.

Biggy

Alrighty! I'm done with lunch and want to get some Heroic VoG done! Anyone interested in doing one full run and then doing Gatekeeper + Aethon the other two times? (I'd need to switch my characters to get the checkpoint). Lets say this fun will start in an hour (1pm EST), or if we get 6 people sooner.

1. OwensboroEsq

Also, is anyone interested in a Flawless Raider attempt on Crota Normal later? I've already "Traversed the Abyss" with my Hunter without dieing.. can you pass a flawless raider checkpoint? I've never done flawless before fyi.
I'm down, psn biggy70686

P44

Full auto on Scouts was exclusive to VoC until HoW opened the floodgates and automatically made VoC just a good (but not in any way special other than Solar) Scout.

The E3 build showed regular HCs with Firefly. FB, at an old attack stay or not, will also stop being special too.

As long as playstyles stay relatively intact minus any inertia from meta shifts, I've got no issues.

Kukawaki

1. OwensboroEsq
2. Kukawaki

I'm in for all of that.

chur

1. OwensboroEsq

I'm down for VoG

MrDaravon

1. OwensboroEsq
2. MrDaravon

Sent you a FR and added myself since I see you are PSN, wanted to make sure first :p

Why crota to do flawless over vog? Crota may be easier but I feel like it has more potential for things to go wrong. Shit too page >__>

Crotas a lot easier, plus if something does go amiss it doesn't take long to get back to the end, your looking at 30 minutes max for the whole thing

Owensboro

Allright! Heroic VoG scheneagians going down on PS4.

1. OwensboroEsq
2. MrDaravon
3. Tecnniqe
4. AQ706
5. Kukawaki
6. Marco Tovaruich

x. chur - Sorry duder, didn't see Marco earlier in the thread. You're first alternate. My bad :(

Shoot me a FR on PSN people! I'm going to start inviting.

GutZ31

Why crota to do flawless over vog? Crota may be easier but I feel like it has more potential for things to go wrong. Shit too page >__>

VoG is a longer raid overall.
It also has varied challenges that take skills in different areas that not everyone might find useful for their usual play styles.

An example is the halfway point is sneaking past the Gorgons, and then doing the jump puzzles right after.

Let's not forget the Templar can be close to impossible if lag presents its self.
Atheon is another one that can get people killed from lag, or even just one person not being geared, or confident with the mechanics.

So, Crota can be soloed for the abyss, and can cheese the bridge, can solo the death singer, and Crota is pretty much child's play once everyone has been told when to fire rockets/do damage.

Crota is 50x easier than VoG.

I got my guardian lord from VoG like most in the top 40 in the OT.

SGRX

1. OwensboroEsq
6. Sengar

I'm in if there is room.

Edit: nm, looks like the group is full

darknil

1. OwensboroEsq

I've never done VoG on Hard, so consider me if you have an extra spot!

(I've seen that a lot have replied already)

I'd say that the jumping puzzle would screw many out of flawless on VoG more than anything in Crota's end. The only thing you can really get unlucky on is if Crota decides to fuck you over by hitting the swordbearer when they are invisible.

Time is also a reason, when I took 1 friend to his flawless run(we cheesed the bridge, sue me) it took like 20 minutes to finish the whole thing.

I'm all about getting a Flawless done. You can't pass the checkpoint, but if you can solo the abyss while we wait up top, that'll be huge.

Mindlog

Is there any way to get the orginal Dead Orbit hunter cloak? I don't like the torn-up look of the current one.
It might be possible from grinding ROC strikes for a class item legendary engram, but the luck involved would be extraordinary. It would be like a Day 1 Gjallarhorn.

420bits

I would be up for a normal crota flawless as well, one of the 2 trophies i miss for platinum.

Tjamato88

Definitely gonna play some Destiny later on tonight if anyone wants to play.

I'm a 29 Hunter. I need to finish some of the story missions for the DLC and then want to try VoG for the first time.

My PSN ID is TJ_Electronica

Top Bottom