• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

X-Frame

Does anyone else think it's odd that the last time Bungie updated the sub-classes was in Patch 1.0.1 -- on September 8th, 2014, the day before Destiny released?

What's especially perplexing is that we never even had a chance to beta the 3 "new" sub-classes at the time, so these patch notes were only as a result of internal play testing. How could they not think that over the last year, the sub-classes didn't require further tuning after the community had a chance to get their hands on them?

Here is the patch, and I'll copy what was with respect to classes:

Classes

General
Removed subclass locking from builds.
Adjusted the unlock order for all subclass trees.
Adjusted the cooldown ranges of armor stats (Intellect, Discipline, Strength).
Agility now has more impact to move speed and acceleration.

Titan

General
Catapult no longer has screen effects

STRIKER
Shoulder Charge now deals Arc damage instead of Kinetic
Lightning Grenade shock damage increased by 66% (base 60 to 100)
Amplify Super bonus-on-kill increased from 6% to 10%
Flashbang no longer disorients ultra combatants
Transfusion now has a 5-second cooldown before it can trigger again
Juggernaut shield is removed after jumping or sprinting for 6.5 seconds

DEFENDER
Ward of Dawn now immediately regenerates your health on activation

Hunter

GUNSLINGER
Golden Gun is now unable to overpenetrate through a Ward of Dawn shield
Incendiary Grenade detonation damage reduced by 18% (base 140 to 115)
Chain of Woe now grants an additional 5%, 10%, 15% bonus to reload speed
Gunslinger's Trance buff duration increased from 10 to 15 seconds.

BLADEDANCER
Arcbolt Grenade impact damage reduced by 17% (base 120 to 100)
Razor's Edge distance traveled slowed and reduced
Quickdraw now no longer requires a melee hit
Blink now cancels invisibility when used

Warlock

VOIDWALKER
Nova Bomb Vortex duration reduced from 5 to 3.5 seconds.
Nova Bomb Vortex effects now has displays for its victims.
Energy Drain impact damage increased by 10% (base 100 to 110)
Soul Rip super bonus on kill increased from 6% to 10% bonus
Vortex Grenade linger damage reduced by 50% (base 15 to 10) per tick
Surge now grants a bonus to reload and weapon-ready speed
Surge now activates when doing damage to an enemy instead of killing blow
Surge agility buff increased by 33% (base 10 to 13)

SUNSINGER
Firebolt Grenade impact damage reduced by 20% (base 100 to 80)
Flame Shield now activates when doing damage to an enemy instead of killing blow
Flame Shield now provides a small overshield
Solar Grenade linger damage reduced by 50% (base 15 to 10) per tick

I will most likely be around if all the people looking for flawless still need help. I've sherpa'd flawless runs many times, and there are plenty of others in the community able to do the same.

I've never played VoG before. Would like to experience it before I outlevel it, but no one on the LFG website wants a level 27. Struggles.

I will be running VoG at some point today/tonight, and nobody there will mind that you are 27. Feel free to send a FR on PSN (assuming you are on Playstation) to ReignofSparrows.

Serene sign up for hawkian's noob raid on Thursday night! :) it's where I did my first one and completely amazing. :)

Is that a thing? I might do that if I can't find a group before Thursday. Would like to do it before then though if I can. Thanks for the suggestion!

I will be running VoG at some point today/tonight, and nobody there will mind that you are 27. Feel free to send a FR on PSN (assuming you are on Playstation) to ReignofSparrows.

Appreciate the invite, but I'm on XB1.

noomi

Man, can't wait for TTK haha, I'm pretty much done with everything I needed. Trials and crucible are the only thing that keeps me going these days.

Bring me TTK, nao

Everyone? No.

There's one picture where they almost high five DeeJ. So close...

PnPIZj5.jpg

I will most likely be around if all the people looking for flawless still need help. I've sherpa'd flawless runs many times, and there are plenty of others in the community able to do the same.

I know lots of people are looking to do flawless, do you want to see if we can get one done now?

That would be awesome. I tried to get a group together last night, but it didn't happen. Owensboro & Merhmantrout also want it. I have a friend who wants it tonight.

phen0m24

Is that a thing? I might do that if I can't find a group before Thursday. Would like to do it before then though if I can. Thanks for the suggestion!

Appreciate the invite, but I'm on XB1.

Ahh dang it. Ok, there are some really cool XB1 folks here as well
I just got one
but the noobie raid is on ps4. We might be able to find some folks to run you through it.

My GT is same as GAF, and if you check the first page there are a fair number of X1 GAFers. :)

Ok so this is old news by now but my PS4 finally let me upload the screens so here they are. When myself, feetiemaomao and CarlosVato did a flawless Trials run. Was a good day :)

On the downside I didn't get any decent loot, but they did. And it was fun as hell, a couple of the matches were exhilarating, especially one where we came back from 4-2 down.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ok so this is old news by now but my PS4 finally let me upload the screens so here they are. When myself, feetiemaomao and CarlosVato did a flawless Trials run. Was a good day :)

On the downside I didn't get any decent loot, but they did. And it was fun as hell, a couple of the matches were exhilarating, especially one where we came back from 4-2 down.

Oh the feel when i went flawless and Gjalla dropped :D Made my Des2ny

Looking to join if I can

Top Bottom